76ers Made 'Significant' Offer To Pacers For Paul George

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

76ers Made 'Significant' Offer To Pacers For Paul George 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:58 pm

The Philadelphia 76ers offered a significant trade package at the deadline for Paul George.

The 76ers reportedly offered the Pacers their choice of Jahlil Okafor or Nerlens Noel along with Robert Covington and at least two future first round picks for George.

The 76ers' preference was to keep their own future picks and move the draft rights of other teams like those of the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings to protect themselves in case George left in 2018.

The 76ers were not turned off by George's preference to play for the Lakers. Philadelphia was confident in their ability to convince George to stay with their young core of Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Dario Saric.

Via Kyle Neubeck/Liberty Ballers

andy249
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: 76ers Made 'Significant' Offer To Pacers For Paul George 

Post#2 » by andy249 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:06 pm

In a vacuum, multiple picks could work for an All-Star level player such as George.
In reality, I do not think any trade without at least one of Embiid, Saric, or Simmons works.
Picks have too high of a bust rate to just rely on.
Also, given some of the picks were Philly's own and they get George, it is feasible to think the picks stop being in the lottery, thus losing significant value.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#3 » by Cassius » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:36 am

andy249 wrote:In a vacuum, multiple picks could work for an All-Star level player such as George.
In reality, I do not think any trade without at least one of Embiid, Saric, or Simmons works.
Picks have too high of a bust rate to just rely on.
Also, given some of the picks were Philly's own and they get George, it is feasible to think the picks stop being in the lottery, thus losing significant value.

Actually, this is why the 76ers offered Laker and King picks, because they will be bad next year, regardless.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#4 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:02 am

Luckily for your fans, the Pacers did not accept. What a huge mistake that would have been.

I honestly can't believe how bad these people are at managing. There are millions of better couch managers under the age of 18 playing Xbox.

Return to Wiretap Discussion