Lonzo Ball: I'm Better Than Markelle Fultz

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lonzo Ball: I'm Better Than Markelle Fultz 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Lonzo Ball and Markelle Fultz are widely considered the top-2 players in the 2017 NBA Draft class. The two players figure to be compared to each other endlessly between now and June's draft.

"Markelle's a great player, but I feel I'm better than him," said Ball. "I think I can lead a team better than him," Ball added. "Obviously he's a great scorer -- he's a great player, so I'm not taking that away from him."

Fultz averaged 23.2 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game as a freshman this season, but Washington had a 9-22 record.

Ball averaged 14.6 points and 7.7 assists per game while leading UCLa to the Sweet 16.

Via ESPN

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Re: Lonzo Ball: I'm Better Than Markelle Fultz 

Post#2 » by buckboy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Markelle Fultz: lolwut
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#3 » by Higgs Boston » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:41 pm

Poor guy, I feel sorry for him, he believes the things his dad says about him.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#4 » by Killboard » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:41 pm

No.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#5 » by IAMZOOTED » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Higgs Boston wrote:Poor guy, I feel sorry for him, he believes the things his dad says about him.

To be fair, a lot of players in the draft would probably say they're the best player in the draft.. just like a lot of players in the NBA probably think they're the best player in the league.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#6 » by Diggr14 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Ball isn't even better than Fox. It's not even close, the desire and athleticism gap is huge between the two.

Ball is very overrated.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#7 » by MegaK » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:11 pm

he need a haircut
bqmuzik
Junior
And1: 62

Post#8 » by bqmuzik » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:15 pm

To get owned in the sweet 16, not looking like u give AF and then immediately declaring for the draft without looking back doesnt make me think hes a competitor. He just wants to get paid
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#9 » by GBPackers47 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:22 pm

This family is so loud and obnoxious. Confidence is one thing, but damn, none of these Ball kids have even played a second of pro ball yet. GTFO.
NBA Moses
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#10 » by NBA Moses » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:33 pm

An excellent response by Lonzo Ball, thats exactly what he shold have said. Personally I think De'Aaron Fox might be better than both of them.
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#11 » by damecurry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:48 pm

NBA Moses wrote:An excellent response by Lonzo Ball, thats exactly what he shold have said. Personally I think De'Aaron Fox might be better than both of them.

Fox can't shoot, to save his life. Guards HAVE to shoot now, it's not optional anymore. Fox's ceiling is prime Rondo, which is nothing to sneeze at. But Fultz could be like a James Harden type and Ball could be a top-drawer floor general if his funky shot still works in the nba. Maybe it won't but there's at least a chance, we know Fox can't shoot for anything and that's just a really serious problem regardless of his other skills.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Post#12 » by PoundTown » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 pm

I don't see the Ball hype. Sure, the guy is a great passer, but he doesn't strike me as a guy that is the double threat kind of point guard. For all of you saying you need to be able to shoot to downplay Fox, you also need to be able to score and get into the lane at will. I can definitely see Ball being shut down by a really good defender, where as Fultz has no problem getting to where he wants on the floor. I'm not saying Ball is on Rubio's level when it comes to lack of scoring, but nowadays I want a point guard that can score 20 in the fourth and put his team on his back, and I have doubts that that is Lonzo's game - meaning he definitely isn't worth a 1st overall pick. Ball's shot is going to be huge in my opinion, but I still see him as the point guard and a rich man's version of Evan Turner. A starter, but not an all star type.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#13 » by Diggr14 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Best thing the NBA could do is to just bar the Ball family now. They are going to be annoying.. let them play in China, do us all a favor.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Ponchos
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,775

Post#14 » by Ponchos » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:35 pm

PoundTown wrote:I don't see the Ball hype. Sure, the guy is a great passer, but he doesn't strike me as a guy that is the double threat kind of point guard. For all of you saying you need to be able to shoot to downplay Fox, you also need to be able to score and get into the lane at will. I can definitely see Ball being shut down by a really good defender, where as Fultz has no problem getting to where he wants on the floor. I'm not saying Ball is on Rubio's level when it comes to lack of scoring, but nowadays I want a point guard that can score 20 in the fourth and put his team on his back, and I have doubts that that is Lonzo's game - meaning he definitely isn't worth a 1st overall pick. Ball's shot is going to be huge in my opinion, but I still see him as the point guard and a rich man's version of Evan Turner. A starter, but not an all star type.

You're crazy. Ball is going to be great.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#15 » by DAWill1128 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 pm

This draft has some interesting point gaurds. Going into the tourney i'm thinking Ball is the one thats just incredible. Ball has a game a lot like Jason Kidd. The only thing that worries me about Ball is if he has the quickness to get into the lane at will in the NBA. Now the NBA has guys who can really shoot the ball that sets up the drive, but Ball has a slow release. Lonzo definitely won't be the go to guy on a good NBA team, I think the Knicks would be a good situation since I think KP has the ability to be that go to guy.

Fox on the other hand looks like he could be one of the quickest guys in the NBA, he is instantly gonna be hard to stay in front of. The Ball vs Fox debate depends on elite quickness vs elite floor vision.

Only knock on Fultz is his team didn't win. If you can't lead a team to win in college it's hard to say you can do it in the nba. Washington as a program really got screwed, Nigel-goss and Fultz together would have been a force.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#16 » by luss54321 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:55 pm

damecurry wrote:
NBA Moses wrote:An excellent response by Lonzo Ball, thats exactly what he shold have said. Personally I think De'Aaron Fox might be better than both of them.

Fox can't shoot, to save his life. Guards HAVE to shoot now, it's not optional anymore. Fox's ceiling is prime Rondo, which is nothing to sneeze at. But Fultz could be like a James Harden type and Ball could be a top-drawer floor general if his funky shot still works in the nba. Maybe it won't but there's at least a chance, we know Fox can't shoot for anything and that's just a really serious problem regardless of his other skills.

Guards have to shoot?

Russell Westbrook - career 30% 3PT
DeMar DeRozan - career 28% 3PT
Jimmy Butler - career 33% 3PT
John Wall - career 31% 3PT

Those are 4 of the best guards in the NBA right now. None of them are shooters. Also, Dwayne Wade says hi.
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,151

Post#17 » by AdagioPace » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Lonzo colluding with Fultz in 2022 confirmed.
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
Whetzell
Junior
And1: 96

Post#18 » by Whetzell » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:04 pm

luss54321 wrote:
damecurry wrote:

Guards have to shoot?

Russell Westbrook - career 30% 3PT
DeMar DeRozan - career 28% 3PT
Jimmy Butler - career 33% 3PT
John Wall - career 31% 3PT

Those are 4 of the best guards in the NBA right now. None of them are shooters. Also, Dwayne Wade says hi.

Only Wade has a ring out of those guys, coincidence?
NBA Moses
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#19 » by NBA Moses » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:11 pm

damecurry wrote:

But DeAaron Fox has blazing speed , high basketball IQ and more importantly Fox has Heart as witnessed by him taking Lonzo Ball apart in the biggest game of both of their lives.

I like Lonzo and wish him the best in regards to his mother but I would draft Fox over Lonzo and Markelle if I were GM.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#20 » by The_Hater » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:36 pm

damecurry wrote:

Fox can shoot, it's his range that needs work. Lots of college players improve their range as pros.

I just don't think Fox has the passing/vision some of the other PG prospects have. But he should be a good pro.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Wiretap Discussion