Cavaliers In 'Bad Spot', Hold Team Meeting Following Loss To Bulls

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cavaliers In 'Bad Spot', Hold Team Meeting Following Loss To Bulls 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:48 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers held a team meeting following their 99-93 loss to the Chicago Bulls.

The Cavs dropped to 6-10 in March, which is LeBron James' first double-digit loss total in a month since November of 2003 when he was a rookie.

"We're just in a bad spot right now. Not disappointed with the effort. We're just in a bad spot," James said after the Cavs' fifth loss in their past seven games. "We're going to try to figure it out. ... I think the effort was there. I just don't think the concentration for as close to 48 minutes is there yet. Which is unfortunate."

The Cavaliers are now a half-game behind the Boston Celtics for the top seed in the East.

"Every journey's different. When you're in it, it absolutely sucks, when you're in a rut like this," Kyrie Irving said. "We're taking steps forward. After the game we took a step forward."

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

M3LKM4N
Sophomore
And1: 129

Re: Cavaliers In 'Bad Spot', Hold Team Meeting Following Loss To Bulls 

Post#2 » by M3LKM4N » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:21 pm

If he can cover his bald spot then he can cover any of their bad spot.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm

They should just change coaches again. Which assistant's turn is it this year?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#4 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:45 pm

I feel like this has happened to every LeBron team since he went to Miami

They play disinterested from the ASG til the playoffs and all of the overreaction takes start coming out about how they could be in trouble and then the playoffs start and everyone goes

"Oh yeah, this guy is really really good at basketball"

Cavs still reach the finals
Drou
Junior
And1: 400

Post#5 » by Drou » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:22 pm

Whenever teams start having ''meetings'' usually it's not a good sign for the future; I mean that it rarely works
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#6 » by old rem » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:23 pm

leBron KNOWS hoops. He's WANTED everyone to play TEAM ball,to work on D. They have too many guys who are marginal at both. For a 'top contender' a month below .500 is NOT a good sign. :noway:

I can NOT go with any Blame LeBron. He does MORE than his share, he TRIES to get his teammates to PLAY THE GAME RIGHT.
they are invested in guys who ain't CHEMISTRY. The Warriors and Spurs DO Team Ball.. and so do the Celtics who with LESS talent might yet have #1 seed in the East.LeBron DID do a BIG thing on his buckety list.. get the Cavs a championship. NOW? He wants to NOT fragment and sink. 8-) .
CENSORED... No comment.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,829

Post#7 » by Duffman100 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:33 pm

old rem wrote:leBron KNOWS hoops. He's WANTED everyone to play TEAM ball,to work on D. They have too many guys who are marginal at both. For a 'top contender' a month below .500 is NOT a good sign. :noway:

I can NOT go with any Blame LeBron. He does MORE than his share, he TRIES to get his teammates to PLAY THE GAME RIGHT.
they are invested in guys who ain't CHEMISTRY. The Warriors and Spurs DO Team Ball.. and so do the Celtics who with LESS talent might yet have #1 seed in the East.LeBron DID do a BIG thing on his buckety list.. get the Cavs a championship. NOW? He wants to NOT fragment and sink. 8-) .

I understand what you're SAYING. I find your NEED to randomly capitalize WORDS confusing. Maybe I'm a LITTLE in the DARK about your intentions.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,445

Post#8 » by mtcan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:35 pm

They are trying to ensure an ECF with Toronto.
DoubleO8
Rookie
And1: 308

Post#9 » by DoubleO8 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:41 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
old rem wrote:leBron KNOWS hoops. He's WANTED everyone to play TEAM ball,to work on D. They have too many guys who are marginal at both. For a 'top contender' a month below .500 is NOT a good sign. :noway:

I understand what you're SAYING. I find your NEED to randomly capitalize WORDS confusing. Maybe I'm a LITTLE in the DARK about your intentions.

Lmfao
Tim Reynolds
Senior
And1: 970

Post#10 » by Tim Reynolds » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:17 pm

Duffman100 wrote:

I read your response in the voice of Duffman, your avatar. Really makes it sound natural then.
ATTL wrote:Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really dont have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#11 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:22 pm

Great. So instead of us already know 100% it was a Cavs vs Warriors final, now we know it is 100% a Warriors victory.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#12 » by RickB-Orlando » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:41 pm

Perfect excuse for LBJ to opt out and sign with Golden State
CP300 lbs
Junior
And1: 258

Post#13 » by CP300 lbs » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:43 pm

I read it quickly and thought it said "in a bald spot". SMH @ myself.
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#14 » by GaaBaaBoo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:46 pm

CP300 lbs wrote:I read it quickly and thought it said "in a bald spot". SMH @ myself.

BAHAHAHA
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#15 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:57 pm

Drou wrote:Whenever teams start having ''meetings'' usually it's not a good sign for the future; I mean that it rarely works

Worked out alright last year
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#16 » by Plutonashfan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:09 pm

Drou wrote:Whenever teams start having ''meetings'' usually it's not a good sign for the future; I mean that it rarely works

We had two meetings like this last year and won a championship so what's your point? Disagree though about the effort part the defense has been horrible and that straight up effort.
The Champ is HERE!!!
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#17 » by Hoopzilla » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:17 pm

Duffman100 wrote:

Whenever I see uppercase words mixed with lowercase, I picture it being said by Stephen A Smith. I hope they understand at that point most people don't take the posts seriously. There is no need to try and put emphasis on words in a post. Or perhaps they are stroking out when they do it and don't realize, that's another theory I have on why they do it.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#18 » by hyberx » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:28 pm

Obviously LeGM did MORE than his share. He got Kevin Love the all star for a rookie he wouldn't even mention about on his arrival letter to Cleveland. He got his boys TThompson and JR Smith paid handsomely. He kicked out the bad bad coach who gave his team the best record in the East last year and got his boy in Lue instead. He also got his pacifier...ummm a play maker and a center after complaining about management, because them bad management only brought in shooter like Korver and and backup big Derrick Williams to make him happy.

Soooo whose fault is it that the Cavs don't play team ball, don't have CHEMISTRY, and don't work on D? Scratching my head on this one here.
Drou
Junior
And1: 400

Post#19 » by Drou » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:30 pm

Plutonashfan wrote:

We had two meetings like this last year and won a championship so what's your point? Disagree though about the effort part the defense has been horrible and that straight up effort.

didn't remember that, my bad. I was speaking generally, i.e these meetings lead to more meetings and this may do more harm than good. We'll see i guess.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#20 » by kamaze » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:05 pm

The curse of Deron Williams lol
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton

Return to Wiretap Discussion