Russell Westbrook Clinches Triple Double Average For Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Russell Westbrook Clinches Triple Double Average For Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 8, 2017 3:40 am

When he grabbed his sixth rebound in Friday's game, Russell Westbrook clinched averaging a triple double for the 16-17 season.

Westbrook is now the first player to average a triple double since Oscar Robertson in the 61-62 season.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Re: Russell Westbrook Clinches Triple Double AINverage For Season 

Post#2 » by Little Italia » Sat Apr 8, 2017 3:54 am

Incredible feat, Westbrook!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
It Is I Folks
Junior
And1: 46

Post#3 » by It Is I Folks » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:12 am

Little Italia wrote:Incredible feat, Westbrook!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congrats to the whole Thunder organization for letting this season be a one man show. From Kanter and Adams allowing Westbrook to punk them on the boards, to the rest of the team forgetting their shots to let Westbrook attempt 30-40 a game. Shout out to Billy Donavan, for basically saying f*** it, let Westbrook go 2k cheese mode. I'm sure they can have a team celebration after they are bounced in the first round.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#4 » by Plutonashfan » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:44 am

It Is I Folks wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congrats to the whole Thunder organization for letting this season be a one man show. From Kanter and Adams allowing Westbrook to punk them on the boards, to the rest of the team forgetting their shots to let Westbrook attempt 30-40 a game. Shout out to Billy Donavan, for basically saying f*** it, let Westbrook go 2k cheese mode. I'm sure they can have a team celebration after they are bounced in the first round.

Jesus you must be some really bitter person to literally put down the second man in NBA history to average a triple double. It's not like you putting up 6 and 5 at Rec against middleschoolers it's actually really hard to do. You need a snickers, hug, or a female mate cause what your spouting is lame as ****. Pay if you have too.
The Champ is HERE!!!
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Re: Russell Westbrook Clinches Triple Double Average For Season 

Post#5 » by shawn_hemp » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:49 am

Definitely an accomplishment. Say what you want about his ability to play within a team system but this dude can ball, no matter how you try and spin it.

His greatest attribute is also his biggest weakness IMO, he simply tries to do too much
ckman
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,198

Post#6 » by ckman » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:58 am

It Is I Folks wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Say the Rockets fan, why i'm not surprise?
It Is I Folks
Junior
And1: 46

Post#7 » by It Is I Folks » Sat Apr 8, 2017 5:01 am

Plutonashfan wrote:
It Is I Folks wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jesus you must be some really bitter person to literally put down the second man in NBA history to average a triple double. It's not like you putting up 6 and 5 at Rec against middleschoolers it's actually really hard to do. You need a snickers, hug, or a female mate cause what your spouting is lame as ****. Pay if you have too.

Please tell me that's not you in the pic bro....
I'm guessing it is by your childish attempt at a put down. How bout you get out of your fantasy wrestling la la land and join the real world. By the looks of it, I think you have done your fair share of paying yourself
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#8 » by Plutonashfan » Sat Apr 8, 2017 5:14 am

Are u mental? Thats Kevin Love after my Cavs won a Championship was at the parade myself enjoying life instead of being a negative keyboard Warrior(no pun intended) seriously u could not do what Russell did even against highschool kids because it's insanely hard. I'm sure you'll respond again when your done wiping the crust of your keyboard but it doesn't change the fact the he did something only one other person has done before and also won the the scoring title. You need help brother and I will not respond to an idiot. I Hope others rake you over the coals for the dumba$$ **** you been saying. With that said been a pleasure watching okc this season happy for the fans after KD wimped out.
The Champ is HERE!!!
SeanDaRyan
Junior
And1: 130

Post#9 » by SeanDaRyan » Sat Apr 8, 2017 5:25 am

I'm guessing it is by your childish attempt at a put down. How bout you get out of your fantasy wrestling la la land and join the real world. By the looks of it, I think you have done your fair share of paying yourself[/quote]

LOL awesome haha.
Ad7
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#10 » by Ad7 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 5:53 am

Russ is a warrior.. no doubt.
eureca20
Junior
And1: 81

Post#11 » by eureca20 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 6:28 am

It Is I Folks wrote:
Plutonashfan wrote:
It Is I Folks wrote:

I'm guessing it is by your childish attempt at a put down. How bout you get out of your fantasy wrestling la la land and join the real world. By the looks of it, I think you have done your fair share of paying yourself

LOL this genius doesn't even know who Kevin Love is. Stop being salty Russ hasn't even won the MVP yet. And you would think you would be understanding about someone hogging the ball you had Harden on your team for the past few years. Now James has high level shooting around him with a great offensive coach. Russ does not have that. Imagine what Russ could do on the Rockets team in that offense.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,725

Post#12 » by the_process » Sat Apr 8, 2017 6:51 am

Does it matter that Westbrook averaged a triple double when his team will get unceremoniously dumped in 5 games in the first round?

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing individual statistical accomplishment; but basketball is a team sport about winning rings.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#13 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Apr 8, 2017 7:22 am

the_process wrote:Does it matter that Westbrook averaged a triple double when his team will get unceremoniously dumped in 5 games in the first round?

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing individual statistical accomplishment; but basketball is a team sport about winning rings.

Yes, it matters.. Oscar Robertsons triple double season matters doesn't it?

And I doubt they lose in 5 to houston.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,519

Post#14 » by adjacent2bench » Sat Apr 8, 2017 9:48 am

Never thought I'd see the day.

Much respect and props to Russel Westbrook.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#15 » by tiderulz » Sat Apr 8, 2017 11:48 am

the_process wrote:Does it matter that Westbrook averaged a triple double when his team will get unceremoniously dumped in 5 games in the first round?

then why do they give a season MVP and finals MVP?
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#16 » by The_Hater » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:47 pm

It Is I Folks wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The Thunder have actually overachieved based on most preseason expectations. And they get killed every time Westbrook goes to the bench. So criticize all you want but the Thunder would be awful without him.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,725

Post#17 » by the_process » Sat Apr 8, 2017 1:59 pm

tiderulz wrote:

then why do they give a season MVP and finals MVP?

Both of which are heavily influenced by winning.
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#18 » by Marionettetc » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:24 pm

As someone who's absolutely not a Westbrook fan, I find it shocking that even a single person has something negative to say about his historic performance this season.

Averaging a triple double over a whole season???? I never thought I would see that happen in my lifetime as a basketball fan! Holy **** that's amazing!
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,543

Post#19 » by dice » Sat Apr 8, 2017 6:01 pm

Marionettetc wrote:As someone who's absolutely not a Westbrook fan, I find it shocking that even a single person has something negative to say about his historic performance this season.

Averaging a triple double over a whole season???? I never thought I would see that happen in my lifetime as a basketball fan! Holy **** that's amazing!

it's an amazing stat line, but it's also a distorted one. he clearly made a revengeful decision coming into the season to put up stats. he is cheating away from the guy who he's supposed to be defending to grab defensive rebounds (which he better get 'cause otherwise there's a good chance at a leakout fast break opportunity going the other way!). and he's turning the ball over at a historic rate to get his assists (which he is getting assists WITH from scorekeepers!)

as far as i'm concerned, anybody with an assist:TO ratio of less than 2:1 is putting up fraudulent assist totals

top 3 total turnovers individual seasons in nba history:

445 2016-2017 harden
432 2016-2017 westbrook

374 2015-2016 harden

those are pretty sick numbers too
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
stepic
Junior
And1: 380

Post#20 » by stepic » Sat Apr 8, 2017 7:03 pm

Yeah well Durant messed that up when he left.

Return to Wiretap Discussion