Steve Kerr's Illness Remains Unknown

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Steve Kerr's Illness Remains Unknown 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Steve Kerr missed the Golden State Warriors' 119-113 win in Game 3 over the Portland Trail Blazers due to an undisclosed illness.

The Warriors have yet to determine whether Kerr's symptoms are related to the headaches, nausea and other complications he has endured for much of the past two seasons since his back surgery in July 2015 caused a fluid leak in his spine.

Mike Brown served as acting head coach in Kerr's place.

Kerr needed to have fluids replenished on Saturday before remaining at the team's hotel. Kerr had been feeling ill all week and appeared to give a glimpse of discomfort in Game 2 when he removed his jacket.

Stephen Curry grabbed the game ball to give to Kerr.

"‎Our coach is going through a lot right now, physically," Curry told Adande. "He told us this morning this is a situation where we need to rally and go out and win a game for him. But we felt that the way the game had gone, we had to fight and do it for him ... and the way that he said it was that we had to win one for the Gipper. So, shout out to Coach Kerr.‎"

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Re: Steve Kerr's Illness Remains Unknown 

Post#2 » by streets talking » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:05 pm

bruh
how can you be a mullionaire athlete and still have weak back issues
i mean, we broke and work 2 jobs and ball on the weekend with worn out gears and we still make it through tho
Biscayne Beast
Senior
And1: 594

Post#3 » by Biscayne Beast » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:09 pm

I feel like he has a terminal illness and is just trying to not draw attention to it. If you look at him compared to what he looked like 3 years ago, he looks like a zombie. I hope I'm wrong and it's just a back issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if he came out and said something after the season.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,696

Post#4 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Biscayne Beast wrote:I feel like he has a terminal illness and is just trying to not draw attention to it. If you look at him compared to what he looked like 3 years ago, he looks like a zombie. I hope I'm wrong and it's just a back issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if he came out and said something after the season.

No way, or if that's the case, it certainly didn't start three years ago. Kerr would have stopped coaching if that was the case. Hopefully it's back-related and can be solved.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#5 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Steve Kerr's dad was assassinated by the way. You don't hear the media ever talking about it but it's true. Some government agency or rogue assassin took him out.

My mistake, it is actually public news already. I thought it was covered up.
BorkLazer
Senior
And1: 427

Post#6 » by BorkLazer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:05 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:Steve Kerr's dad was assassinated by the way. You don't hear the media ever talking about it but it's true. Some government agency or rogue assassin took him out.

My mistake, it is actually public news already. I thought it was covered up.

What does this have to do with the article or his health?

Return to Wiretap Discussion