Knicks Received Mulitple Trade Calls On Kristap Porzingis

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Knicks Received Mulitple Trade Calls On Kristap Porzingis 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 5, 2017 11:54 pm

The New York Knicks received trade calls from multiple teams about the availability of Kristaps Porzingis after he skipped his exit meetings with management.

Whether or not those calls led to serious discussions is unclear.

Porzingis did not appear to meet with management at the end of the Knicks' regular season to show his frustration with the direction of the franchise.

Porzingis has played for three separate coaches over his first two seasons while losing 101 games.

Via Ian Begley/ESPN

LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,871

Re: Knicks Received Mulitple Trade Calls On Kristap Porzingis 

Post#2 » by LakersLegacy » Sat May 6, 2017 3:57 am

It would take a monster offer. Like a whole team of up and comers and picks for him.
KobeBryant24
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#3 » by KobeBryant24 » Sat May 6, 2017 4:57 am

LakersLegacy wrote:It would take a monster offer. Like a whole team of up and comers and picks for him.

Whoever does that would regret it
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#4 » by br7knicks » Sat May 6, 2017 5:32 am

KobeBryant24 wrote:
LakersLegacy wrote:It would take a monster offer. Like a whole team of up and comers and picks for him.

Yeah. 7'3 21 year olds that play pf/c who shoot 36% from 3 at a decent clip, and put up 18 and 7, with 2 bpg, while on a team with two low IQ, play stopping ball hogs are a dime a dozen.

And I'm not even a fan
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat May 6, 2017 7:51 am

br7knicks wrote:
KobeBryant24 wrote:

Yeah. 7'3 21 year olds that play pf/c who shoot 36% from 3 at a decent clip, and put up 18 and 7, with 2 bpg, while on a team with two low IQ, play stopping ball hogs are a dime a dozen.

And I'm not even a fan

All of that is true but potential is always overvalued. Kristap is good right now but his trade value is based on what he could be a few years from now. He clearly can't lead a team on his own yet. If you trade away picks and youth to get him you have no assets to put around him for the next few years. He will potentially still be on a losing team when he reaches free agency. What team has the assets to trade for him and still have a team to put around him? And if he blows out a knee, has that team set themselves back for a decade?

The other side of that is that he Knicks already have him and would be foolish to trade him. And I don't think that they have any interest in trading him.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,007

Post#6 » by p0peye » Sat May 6, 2017 8:22 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
KobeBryant24 wrote:

And I'm not even a fan

All of that is true but potential is always overvalued. Kristap is good right now but his trade value is based on what he could be a few years from now. He clearly can't lead a team on his own yet. If you trade away picks and youth to get him you have no assets to put around him for the next few years. He will potentially still be on a losing team when he reaches free agency. What team has the assets to trade for him and still have a team to put around him? And if he blows out a knee, has that team set themselves back for a decade?

The other side of that is that he Knicks already have him and would be foolish to trade him. And I don't think that they have any interest in trading him.

Celtics.
Smoothash88
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Smoothash88 » Sat May 6, 2017 10:09 am

br7knicks wrote:
KobeBryant24 wrote:

And I'm not even a fan

Phil Jackson, is this you? You clearly have some idiot Knicks fans fooled but you're certainly not fooling me. You're terrible at your job! And have a bunch of idiots and sheeple blaming Melo for your mistakes! I will watch you do the same with KP and have a bunch of more idiots follow your dumb ass lead and blaim him too! All because of what exactly??? Because MJ and Kobe won you multiple rings??? People are idiots to follow your dumb ass lead. You NEED TO BE FIRED!!!! GET THE HELL OUT OF NEW YORK!!! Then clearly someone whose obviously one of your idiots wouldn't throw shade at Melo while using his jersey number in their username at the same damn time. IDIOT!
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#8 » by macNcheese3 » Sat May 6, 2017 11:10 am

Well said. No other way around it. He is young and he can go through a rebuild. Let Rose walk, trade Melo and clean up the roster. Bring in shooters, and a good defensive 5. It's rebuild or nothing for NY.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#9 » by Cassius » Sat May 6, 2017 11:33 am

macNcheese3 wrote:

Well said. No other way around it. He is young and he can go through a rebuild. Let Rose walk, trade Melo and clean up the roster. Bring in shooters, and a good defensive 5. It's rebuild or nothing for NY.

I shudder to think of how good this team could be defensively if they had given Noah's money to Biyombo.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#10 » by macNcheese3 » Sat May 6, 2017 12:50 pm

Cassius wrote:
macNcheese3 wrote:

I shudder to think of how good this team could be defensively if they had given Noah's money to Biyombo.

BB hasn't really been able to have the same impact this year as he did the year before- Although I think that can be attributed to the formation of the roster that he played with this year in ORL. He or ANYONE other then Noah would have been an upgrade for NY- Noah was extremely effective in CHI earlier because of his grit and grind type of play thus his body breaking down as it has.
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#11 » by draftnightsuit » Sat May 6, 2017 2:38 pm

Smoothash88 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
KobeBryant24 wrote:

And I'm not even a fan

Phil Jackson, is this you? You clearly have some idiot Knicks fans fooled but you're certainly not fooling me. You're terrible at your job! And have a bunch of idiots and sheeple blaming Melo for your mistakes! I will watch you do the same with KP and have a bunch of more idiots follow your dumb ass lead and blaim him too! All because of what exactly??? Because MJ and Kobe won you multiple rings??? People are idiots to follow your dumb ass lead. You NEED TO BE FIRED!!!! GET THE HELL OUT OF NEW YORK!!! Then clearly someone whose obviously one of your idiots wouldn't throw shade at Melo while using his jersey number in their username at the same damn time. IDIOT!

Melo, is that you? You suck and are the most overrated fraudulent "superstar" in league history. You hold the ball more than a rugby player. You'll never win anything as the main guy no matter who you play with.

Oh and BTW, the Nuggets have a better record than the Knicks since they got rid of your clown ass. And it was like that BEFORE the Knicks hired Phil. :lol:
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#12 » by texasholdem » Sat May 6, 2017 3:10 pm

Still remember the young Knicks fan crying on tv when they drafted him.

KP for #1 overall pick?
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Smoothash88
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Smoothash88 » Sat May 6, 2017 3:18 pm

draftnightsuit wrote:
Smoothash88 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

And I'm not even a fan

Melo, is that you? You suck and are the most overrated fraudulent "superstar" in league history. You hold the ball more than the rugby player. You'll never win anything as the main guy no matter who you play with.

Oh and BTW, the Nuggets have a better record than the Knicks since they got rid of your clown ass. And it was like that BEFORE the Knicks hired Phil. :lol:

Kurt Rambis, is this you? You're wrong the most fraudulent "superstar" in league history would be the co MVP if the leauge this season. James Harden, a guy lives at the free throw line and end with 41pts shooting 7-21fg. Quick to blame the only player that kept this team relevant! Who else was on the team? Billiups got injured, Kidd retired, so what other help did he get??? Lin??? Lmfao he had a great month no doubt about that but that was soon to fade and you'd seem him for what he was all along. An average PG. Walsh traded away the team and Amare was done when melo got there. Who else was supposed to give this guy some help exactly??? Phil traded away his best teammates in Smith and Shump for the famous bag of chip with the bag half filled with air. Maybe you wanted Sasha to help him, or maybe Jose before he was traded. Maybe cleanthony early! Phil has given NY ****!!! W/ one exception being KP who he's already having problems with! Lol. Phil hires his yes men to run a outdated system that NOBODY ON THE TEAM wants to play. Hell, some of the assistant coaches don't want to but what Phil says goes for some apparent reason. It was cool in the beginning but it's clear as day that this guy just isn't the right man. I'm 88% convinced that he and Jeanie Buss planed this all along and they're somewhere on Skype rubbing their hands like birdman drinking red wine. 92% sure now the more I think about it. Nobody likes you Kurt. You and Phil need to leave... I'm talking about gone, like yesterday gone!
MARIUSZ
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#14 » by MARIUSZ » Sat May 6, 2017 3:23 pm

He is going to be a Celtic. Hope do I know? Everytime trade rumour Spears there is Danny Ainge around and nothing happens. Now Danny isn't around and he is the guy with all assets.
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,951

Post#15 » by mastermixer » Sat May 6, 2017 4:48 pm

LMAO at all these "______ is that you?" posts!
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#16 » by br7knicks » Sat May 6, 2017 4:50 pm

Smoothash88 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
KobeBryant24 wrote:

And I'm not even a fan

ahhh, kids.

br = brandon roy
7 = his jersey number

i hate phil

and i'm one of the top 3 anti-melo posters on our forum, ever since he joined the team.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#17 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun May 7, 2017 12:24 am

p0peye wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

And I'm not even a fan

Celtics.

True, that is the obvious answer... but I don't see the Knicks helping a team in their own division like that. The only reason the Knicks would trade Melo to the Celtics is because 1) they really need to turn him into assets 2) it's debatable whether that would be helping or hurting the Celtics. Besides, I don't think Porzingis gets them over the hump any time soon.
Rollie
Junior
And1: 34

Post#18 » by Rollie » Sun May 7, 2017 2:55 pm

He's not going anywhere. The's one of the few things Phil did right in his tenure in NY. Besides weren't they supposed to be building around him?

Return to Wiretap Discussion