Re: Thunder Considering Stretch Provision For Kyle Singler

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Thunder Considering Stretch Provision For Kyle Singler 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 11, 2017 7:59 am

The Oklahoma City Thunder could use the stretch provision on Kyle Singler this offseason.

Singler is owed $9.7 million in guaranteed money on his contract. The final season of his contract is non-guaranteed.

The Thunder could spread out Singler's cap hit to $1.4 million per year over seven years.

Oklahoma City would create $3.3 million in cap room for 17-18 and $3.6 million for 18-19.

“Of course I want to do the best that I can,” Singler said. “And with that being said, I have a whole lot to look at. It’s not just [about] what I've done in the past. It’s what I'm going to do in the future, as well.”

Via Fred Katz/Norman Transcript

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,735

Post#2 » by the_process » Thu May 11, 2017 8:37 am

Hey Presti,

Lower the protection on that 2020 pick you owe us to top 3, and we'll eat Singler for you. Even give you the ATL 2nd in return.

Sincerely,

The Sixers
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#3 » by macNcheese3 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Has a decent 3 pointer- haven't seen much else from him.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,229

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Thu May 11, 2017 2:23 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:Has a decent 3 pointer- haven't seen much else from him.

He shot 19% from three this season. That's significantly worse than Andre Roberson.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by ThunderBolt » Thu May 11, 2017 9:12 pm

the_process wrote:Hey Presti,

Lower the protection on that 2020 pick you owe us to top 3, and we'll eat Singler for you. Even give you the ATL 2nd in return.

Sincerely,

The Sixers

Throw in RoCo and we'll have a deal.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,735

Post#6 » by the_process » Fri May 12, 2017 2:13 am

Knrstz wrote:

Sincerely,

The Sixers

I saw your response on the T&T thread. I expect Russ to stay, so I just put top 3 protection as to maximize the chance of its conveyance and to give it the appearance of having upside when in fact it will probably be in the 20's. While there is some sense to holding off until you really need the cap room, if the time comes you do need it then the other team has you over the barrel. So what if it was top 10 protected instead of top 3?

As to this idea here, not even slightly interested in trading RoCo for a pick three years from now that will probably be in the 20's.

A side note to the thought that Russ is probably staying... isn't it long past due for the Thunder to push their chips in and go for it? You guys were a contender for so long, and Presti continually played the long game even as your title window was wide open.
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#7 » by 76ersfan » Fri May 12, 2017 3:47 am

Give the sixers two or three seconds and it's a deal :D
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by ThunderBolt » Fri May 12, 2017 11:20 am

the_process wrote:
Knrstz wrote:

Sincerely,

The Sixers

I saw your response on the T&T thread. I expect Russ to stay, so I just put top 3 protection as to maximize the chance of its conveyance and to give it the appearance of having upside when in fact it will probably be in the 20's. While there is some sense to holding off until you really need the cap room, if the time comes you do need it then the other team has you over the barrel. So what if it was top 10 protected instead of top 3?

As to this idea here, not even slightly interested in trading RoCo for a pick three years from now that will probably be in the 20's.

A side note to the thought that Russ is probably staying... isn't it long past due for the Thunder to push their chips in and go for it? You guys were a contender for so long, and Presti continually played the long game even as your title window was wide open.

We put our chips in last year when we signed Oladipo and had Horford ready to sign. As things stand now we have no chips to put in, we're broke. I'm on of the few that think the thunder are better off just going in to full rebuild mode.

Return to Wiretap Discussion