Nerlens Noel Could Receive Multiple Max Offers In Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nerlens Noel Could Receive Multiple Max Offers In Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue May 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Nerlens Noel could receive multiple max contract offers in free agency, according to a source.

The Dallas Mavericks traded for Noel at the deadline and hope to keep him in restricted free agency.

A starting salary at the max contract would be approximately $25 million.

The free agent market for centers have been difficult to calibrate as supply has outpaced demand, but Noel is young and a game changer on defense.

Via Mike Fisher/DallasBasketball.com

GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Re: Nerlens Noel Could Receive Multiple Max Offers In Free Agency 

Post#2 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue May 30, 2017 5:59 pm

May be in the minority but he'll be worth the max he will likely get
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#3 » by Donnyxc » Tue May 30, 2017 6:15 pm

SuperDario wrote:May be in the minority but he'll be worth the max he will likely get

I would love him in Boston, but the Celtics already paid Horford. There will be tough decisions on who to pay next.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#4 » by Sam195 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Donnyxc wrote:
SuperDario wrote:May be in the minority but he'll be worth the max he will likely get

I would love him in Boston, but the Celtics already paid Horford. There will be tough decisions on who to pay next.

Cuban was aware he was going to have to shell out the max when he traded for him. He's likely hoping someone signs him to an offer sheet maybe a little less than the max so he can retain him at a lower cap figure and shorter term especially with Noel's injury history.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#5 » by macNcheese3 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:06 pm

He's staying a Mav
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,680

Post#6 » by nedleeds » Tue May 30, 2017 9:53 pm

Max contract is an aeful idea. Noel making tbe same as AD is insane, Al Horford making LeBrons salary is a joke.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,822

Post#7 » by HotelVitale » Tue May 30, 2017 11:28 pm

nedleeds wrote:Max contract is an aeful idea. Noel making tbe same as AD is insane, Al Horford making LeBrons salary is a joke.
Relax, bruh. Contracts aren't about what a player is 'worth,' they depend on timing, availability, team situation, etc. Go up and down the roster of every team--almost every player is overpaid or underpaid somewhat. The question in these discussions is always about whether offering a contract is good for a team at a particular time, not what someone's intrinsic value is.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#8 » by The_Hater » Wed May 31, 2017 12:13 am

I predict that Noel receives zero max offers in free agency. He's a decent player but His injury history, his lack of offense, his undersized Center body don't add to the max. .
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#9 » by Sam195 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:17 am

The_Hater wrote:I predict that Noel receives zero max offers in free agency. He's a decent player but His injury history, his lack of offense, his undersized Center body don't add to the max. .

Joakim Noah, Chandler Parsons and Amare Stoudemire each signed huge deals, the latter two were max contracts and they all were older than Noel with much more alarming past injury histories. Noel is young and tore his acl but since he's not a guard who relies on lateral quickness he's an even safer bet to be paid max money especially with the salary cap rising. Sixers didn't even wan't to trade Noel but they held on to him too long and would face a PR nightmare had they kept him along with Okafor & Embid and than matched an almost certain max contract offer sheet this summer just for the sake of not losing him without any return. Danny Ainge reportedly offered Marcus Smart and picks straight up for Noel and was rejected at last year's draft. After Ainge signed Al Horford as a ufa he stopped making calls to the sixers for Okafor/Noel or even accepting overtures from the sixers.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#10 » by colaroaster » Wed May 31, 2017 4:58 am

cuban can't attract top tier free agents so here's another mediocre player he'll max out :lol:
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Return to Wiretap Discussion