Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:21 pm

The Boston Celtics and Indiana Pacers continue to discuss a Paul George trade but it is reportedly contingent on signing Gordon Hayward in free agency.

According to sources, the Celtics are in position to trade for George with a three-year extension in place. George would lose money, however, on an extend-and-trade as opposed to the raises he could receive simply becoming a free agent in 2018.

The Celtics passed on trading for Jimmy Butler at the draft and were instead focused on scenarios for George.

George has long preferred to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2018, but it is possible the Celtics could make a trade for him with a commitment in the long-term.

Via Adam Kaufman/CBS Radio

Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward 

Post#2 » by Donnyxc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:12 pm

OK.

I came into this article thinking I was going to drop another "Stay away from Paul George, Danny".

but a 3 year extension?? Now we're actually talking.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
ArtistNBA
Junior
And1: 98

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward 

Post#3 » by ArtistNBA » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Oh we going to get hayward yes, for PG13

Lakers next year top 5 pick might be included , this be good news take away laker guy and make their pick even more valuable while adding 2 all star player. That's young enough to contend and won't be bad signing 8-)
Stay Classy my friend
akula1488
Bench Warmer
And1: 449

Post#4 » by akula1488 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:31 pm

can't help but think Indiana leaks this to see if Lakers will up their offer...to include BI
goinrogue
Analyst
And1: 3,236

Post#5 » by goinrogue » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:45 pm

Just trying to scare the lakers. PG is heading to LA.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#6 » by NoZoLakers » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:46 pm

Pg is going to sign an ext n lose out on more money to go to bos? These hacks have no common sense
ArtistNBA
Junior

Post#7 » by ArtistNBA » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:53 pm

akula1488 wrote:can't help but think Indiana leaks this to see if Lakers will up their offer...to include BI

Maybe if you don't know, lakers have no assets and wouldnt want to give any if they do, Celtics can get outbid anybody, I would do pacer pick the better of the 2, BKN pick next year or laker pick next year , heres some players we need to free up some space, welcome to the celtics PG13 with a guarantee 3 year contract extension, I.T, PG13 and Hayward damnnn and our young cores under them too
And have at least 1 top 5 pick for next year deep loaded draft :)
Stay Classy my friend
Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Post#8 » by Dino353 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:55 pm

Getting both would actually put the Celtics over Cleveland. If you are Kevin Pritchard you have got to be salivating over getting Jayson Tatum in Indiana with Myles Turner.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,503

Post#9 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:59 pm

BallnIngram wrote:Pg is going to sign an ext n lose out on more money to go to bos? These hacks have no common sense

Meh...

If he was only interested in money, he'd stay in INDIANA where he can make more than anywhere else.

Winning (or at least competing) seems to matter at least a bit to him. No one wants to spend the last of their prime making top money on a bad franchise.

Just ask Carmelo.

Paul George in Boston will still make plenty of money -- while actually competing on a championship contender for the next 4 years. That's the best case scenario.

Just ask K Durant. Or LeBron.
ArtistNBA
Junior

Post#10 » by ArtistNBA » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:00 pm

Maybe Lakers should of traded their #2 to the pacers lol I'm cool if Danny say pick one pacers, BKN or laker next year, and some players , all Celtics players are good with good contract, how will laker counter that now ? Or tell the pacers we sorry we low ball you guys , now Lakers might lose out on PG13 and LeBron in the process , and be a bottom team out there in the West, "Beat LA"
Stay Classy my friend
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#11 » by NoZoLakers » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
BallnIngram wrote:Pg is going to sign an ext n lose out on more money to go to bos? These hacks have no common sense

Meh...

If he was only interested in money, he'd stay in INDIANA where he can make more than anywhere else.

Winning (or at least competing) seems to matter at least a bit to him. No one wants to spend the last of their prime making top money on a bad franchise.

Just ask Carmelo.

Paul George in Boston will still make plenty of money -- while actually competing on a championship contender for the next 4 years. That's the best case scenario.

Pg isnt joining steph/klay or even irvine/love
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,568

Post#12 » by dice » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:05 pm

goinrogue wrote:Just trying to scare the lakers. PG is heading to LA.

who is trying to scare the lakers and why? that doesn't make any sense
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#13 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:08 pm

goinrogue wrote:Just trying to scare the lakers. PG is heading to LA.

If Hayward doesn't go to Boston, then yes.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,503

Post#14 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:10 pm

BallnIngram wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Meh...

Just ask Carmelo.

Touche
ArtistNBA
Junior

Post#15 » by ArtistNBA » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:13 pm

BallnIngram wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Meh...

Just ask Carmelo.

Hayward against GSW, PG13 against the Cavs, they going to have extra fire going against these teams, they know they will have a top 5 coach in the league and maybe the best GM, hey even a top 2 player in the whole league came to visit the Celtics last year because he see something in us, talking about Kevin Durant. Celtics is about to own the East and maybe even gsw, this is how you rebuild! Good job Danny boy
Stay Classy my friend
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#16 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Wow, that would be an amazing wing duo.

They could then start Bradley or Smart at point guard.

PG13 can play a lot of 4 as well.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#17 » by hyberx » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:34 pm

If the Celtics' plan is centered on signing Hayward then they are completely Fked. Hayward can make a whole lot more money staying with the Jazz. A great player only goes if his existing team/teammates are screw up and the new team could contend for a championship. Jazz is a good organization/team and Celtics is not yet a contender despite all those assets.
ArtistNBA
Junior

Post#18 » by ArtistNBA » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:36 pm

If you guys don't remember pg13 send lebron star crazy team to game 7

Celtics Hayward I.t big AL, pg13, blowing out teams and open minutes for our young guys too, if this move happen we can compete with the gsw, every team should strategy how to get LeBron next year lol
Stay Classy my friend
ArtistNBA
Junior

Post#19 » by ArtistNBA » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:39 pm

hyberx wrote:If the Celtics' plan is centered on signing Hayward then they are completely Fked. Hayward can make a whole lot more money staying with the Jazz. A great player only goes if his existing team/teammates are screw up and the new team could contend for a championship. Jazz is a good organization/team and Celtics is not yet a contender despite all those assets.

Last year #1 team in the East and made it to the ECF, what are you talking about not a contender, we almost got Kevin Durant last year too
Stay Classy my friend
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#20 » by Donnyxc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:44 pm

ArtistNBA wrote:If you guys don't remember pg13 send lebron star crazy team to game 7

Celtics Hayward I.t big AL, pg13, blowing out teams and open minutes for our young guys too, if this move happen we can compete with the gsw, every team should strategy how to get LeBron next year lol

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We haven't signed anyone yet. July 1st is another 8 days full-of-trade-speculation-to-happen away.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley

Return to Wiretap Discussion