Knicks Resist Carmelo Anthony's Approach On Buyout Talks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Knicks Resist Carmelo Anthony's Approach On Buyout Talks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Carmelo Anthony's camp has tried to engage the New York Knicks on buyout talks.

While Anthony has preferred to remain with the Knicks, he's open to a buyout that could lead him to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Knicks have so far resisted the idea of a buyout with Anthony.

Phil Jackson has publicly appealed to Anthony to waive his no-trade clause.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

JunkYardDog6ix
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,378

Re: Knicks Resist Carmelo Anthony's Approach On Buyout Talks 

Post#2 » by JunkYardDog6ix » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Lmao this is like a cold war
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#3 » by Sam195 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:51 pm

I'm disgusted by Phil's actions but also by melo playing the victim card. They deserve each other. Melo forced a trade from Denver to Knicks when he could have signed as a ufa the following summer. The trade allowed than Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri to fleece the knicks of quality players and picks. Melo forced the trade for his own self interests - he wanted to sign a max extension with knicks before the lockout so he could cash in on his signing bonus that would not have been prorated like his earnings for the season that involved a work stoppage. This was leaked back in 2011 but people forget to bring this up now cause Melo isn't one of the top guys in the league anymore and the NY media likes hating on Phil and Dolan more than the Knicks players who are under performing aside from a few young guns like KP and Gomez. Now Melo wants a buyout and knicks will have nothing to show for the lost assets other than a bunch of under performing seasons including ones where knicks didn't even make playoffs.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:56 pm

I wonder what George Karl thinks about this
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#5 » by Knox » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Good Work Phil!
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#6 » by digitaldropoff » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Knox wrote:Good Work Phil!

Says no one ever (in his time as a FO guy)
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#7 » by Knox » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:
Knox wrote:Good Work Phil!

Says no one ever (in his time as a FO guy)

When it comes to buying out talent that we know other teams want ? But some people rather we give him away without receiving any compensation. Yes Good Work Phil.
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,553

Post#8 » by Revived » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:56 pm

If Melo wants to leave too then why doesn't he waive his NTC rather than trying to do buyouts?
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,566

Post#9 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Id expect the Knicks and Carmelo are waiting until mid to latter part of July once the blue chip free agents are signed and Melo has an idea where he wants to go if he revises a no-trade list.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#10 » by br7knicks » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Revived wrote:If Melo wants to leave too then why doesn't he waive his NTC rather than trying to do buyouts?

Melo has never cared about anything aside from money.

Let him rot on the bench if he's reluctant to waive the NTC. Knicks did this to themselves tho.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,950

Post#11 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Sam195 wrote:I'm disgusted by Phil's actions but also by melo playing the victim card. They deserve each other. Melo forced a trade from Denver to Knicks when he could have signed as a ufa the following summer. The trade allowed than Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri to fleece the knicks of quality players and picks. Melo forced the trade for his own self interests - he wanted to sign a max extension with knicks before the lockout so he could cash in on his signing bonus that would not have been prorated like his earnings for the season that involved a work stoppage. This was leaked back in 2011 but people forget to bring this up now cause Melo isn't one of the top guys in the league anymore and the NY media likes hating on Phil and Dolan more than the Knicks players who are under performing aside from a few young guns like KP and Gomez. Now Melo wants a buyout and knicks will have nothing to show for the lost assets other than a bunch of under performing seasons including ones where knicks didn't even make playoffs.

Dude, why try and re-write history.

Melo wanted to have an extension signed before the unknowns of a lockout and new CBA. He thought he was going to be traded to the Nets at one point and was going to extend there. Blaming Melo for the Knicks FO being fleeced is idiotic. If what you are saying is true, and Melo was forcing his way to NY, then Ujiri would not have been able to get nearly as much as he did or NY's FO was that stupid... which is possible too.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,785

Post#12 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:19 pm

Yes, Phil did a bad job by re-signing Melo and given him both the trade kicker and the NTC. I guess he thought that Melo would think like most other players and actually want to play for a winning team, if things didn't work out in NY. WRONG. If I'm Phil, I'm not giving in to Melo anymore. Either he waives the NTC or he can rot at the end of the bench. Screw him.

:D
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,785

Post#13 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:20 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Id expect the Knicks and Carmelo are waiting until mid to latter part of July once the blue chip free agents are signed and Melo has an idea where he wants to go if he revises a no-trade list.

This is the one possibility that I'm hoping for. Makes sense.
br7knicks

Post#14 » by br7knicks » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Yes, Phil did a bad job by re-signing Melo and given him both the trade kicker and the NTC. I guess he thought that Melo would think like most other players and actually want to play for a winning team, if things didn't work out in NY. WRONG. If I'm Phil, I'm not giving in to Melo anymore. Either he waives the NTC or he can rot at the end of the bench. Screw him.

:D

+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,etc.
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#15 » by br7knicks » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
Sam195 wrote:I'm disgusted by Phil's actions but also by melo playing the victim card. They deserve each other. Melo forced a trade from Denver to Knicks when he could have signed as a ufa the following summer. The trade allowed than Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri to fleece the knicks of quality players and picks. Melo forced the trade for his own self interests - he wanted to sign a max extension with knicks before the lockout so he could cash in on his signing bonus that would not have been prorated like his earnings for the season that involved a work stoppage. This was leaked back in 2011 but people forget to bring this up now cause Melo isn't one of the top guys in the league anymore and the NY media likes hating on Phil and Dolan more than the Knicks players who are under performing aside from a few young guns like KP and Gomez. Now Melo wants a buyout and knicks will have nothing to show for the lost assets other than a bunch of under performing seasons including ones where knicks didn't even make playoffs.

Dude, why try and re-write history.

Melo wanted to have an extension signed before the unknowns of a lockout and new CBA. He thought he was going to be traded to the Nets at one point and was going to extend there. Blaming Melo for the Knicks FO being fleeced is idiotic. If what you are saying is true, and Melo was forcing his way to NY, then Ujiri would not have been able to get nearly as much as he did or NY's FO was that stupid... which is possible too.

because he didn't. no need to bring the nets into the equation in the early 2010's.

it is simple. melo could've signed with the knicks as a ufa during his second big contract is the point. it's the knick's FO fault for giving into melo and denver's FO for giving away all of their good assets to acquire a player who cares more about money than winning; if he cared about winning, he would've signed as a UFA in the off season. that's the point. melo didn't, and the knicks FO were too stupid.

let melo rot, or waive his NTC.
RIP, magnumt '19

deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,890

Post#16 » by deeps6x » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Just trade him into the Kings capspace and be done with it. Oh wait, you can't do that because you gave him a no-trade clause. Tell him you'll trade him to Brooklyn. Then he doesn't have to move (and you can screw with Boston).
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#17 » by IWishIWasHarden » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 pm

deeps6x wrote:Just trade him into the Kings capspace and be done with it. Oh wait, you can't do that because you gave him a no-trade clause. Tell him you'll trade him to Brooklyn. Then he doesn't have to move (and you can screw with Boston).
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#18 » by Sam195 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:26 pm

deeps6x wrote:Just trade him into the Kings capspace and be done with it. Oh wait, you can't do that because you gave him a no-trade clause. Tell him you'll trade him to Brooklyn. Then he doesn't have to move (and you can screw with Boston).

If I was Brooklyn I'd go for that. Send the knicks lin and scraps for melo. A duo of melo and russell would be more entertaining than current nets and win few more games. And Boston would get less lottery balls.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#19 » by The_Hater » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:57 pm

I won't waive my no trade clause but I will accept 90% of my future salary so that I can go sign with the Cavs.

Worth a shot Melo. Worth a shot...
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
MrNYYNYGNYK
Junior
And1: 20

Post#20 » by MrNYYNYGNYK » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Don't buy Melo out or waive him! He screwed us coming being greedy and now he wants to screw us leaving! Let his ass sit on the bench in street clothes until he gives because his ego will certainly give! I don't give a damn if we only get a role player and a 2nd round pick you don't let him go for nothing!

Return to Wiretap Discussion