Paul Millsap Has Discussed Sign-And-Trade With Hawks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Paul Millsap is unlikely to return to the Atlanta Hawks this offseason as they pivot towards a rebuild with Travis Schlenk as general manager. Schlenk has suggested multiple times in the media that they may not be able to offer a contract to Millsap that beats a rival team.

The Hawks and Millsap have mutual interest in a sign-and-trade scenario.

"I know sign-and-trade discussions have already happened involving Millsap and the Hawks," said Brian Windhorst on The Basketball Analogy podcast.

The Houston Rockets have interest in signing Millsap and a sign-and-trade deal would help facilitate a move since they are short on cap space at present. The Rockets have been searching for a Ryan Anderson trade, but teams are requesting two first round picks to take on his salary.

Millsap could still sign outright with a team such as the Phoenix Suns, Denver Nuggets or Minnesota Timberwolves.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

TDGlenmanor
Senior
And1: 160

Re: Paul Millsap Has Discussed Sign-And-Trade With Hawks 

Post#2 » by TDGlenmanor » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:59 pm

Sign and trade for Jonas Val
Bobalob
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#3 » by Bobalob » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:08 pm

The 'anybody but GS' fan in me would love to see him sign straight up with Minnesota, or sign and trade to Houston.
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#4 » by RightToCensor » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:15 pm

i'd give two Top-5 protected 1sts to dump Anderson and get Millsap.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#5 » by Streakers33 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Welcome to minny mr milsap!!
Won't complain about adding butler and milsap in the same year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,069

Post#6 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Hope he goes to Houston to help Harden and Paul take down the Warriors, don't wanna see the coward win another one.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Yao4REAL
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#7 » by Yao4REAL » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:30 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:Hope he goes to Houston to help Harden and Paul take down the Warriors, don't wanna see the coward win another one.

you mad bro?
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#8 » by dan-man » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:33 pm

RightToCensor wrote:i'd give two Top-5 protected 1sts to dump Anderson and get Millsap.

Yeah now that Houston has Cp3, I don't see a problem with the all-in play of dumping any upcoming 1st round picks. Its now or never Rockets.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#9 » by haste10176 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:22 am

The Real Dalic wrote:Hope he goes to Houston to help Harden and Paul take down the Warriors, don't wanna see the coward win another one.

Thats not enough to beat GSW... Curry or CP3? Klay or Harden.. (Remember one plays defence).. Draymond or Paul Milsap... And who gets KD????
Bobalob
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by Bobalob » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:54 am

dan-man wrote:
RightToCensor wrote:i'd give two Top-5 protected 1sts to dump Anderson and get Millsap.

Yeah now that Houston has Cp3, I don't see a problem with the all-in play of dumping any upcoming 1st round picks. Its now or never Rockets.

Guys, guys....just because the money is available doesn't mean you have to commit it now :/

Cp3 is a very popular guy. I'd rather take my chances next summer with Boogie and Bron rather than go all in with 32 year old Milsap
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#11 » by MitchB3 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:02 am

Before you put the Rockets in the WCF let's first remember they have to beat Spurs or whatever team that is in front of them.
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by dan-man » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:56 am

Bobalob wrote:
dan-man wrote:

Guys, guys....just because the money is available doesn't mean you have to commit it now :/

Cp3 is a very popular guy. I'd rather take my chances next summer with Boogie and Bron rather than go all in with 32 year old Milsap

Boogie or Bron?! Last I checked there was only one ball.
Mike_pedro
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#13 » by Mike_pedro » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:11 am

Minnesota???

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Millsap
Towns

Oh boy.. wow :o
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#14 » by Streakers33 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:18 am

Switch butler and Wiggins around. And remember that Lowry for Rubio S&T is talking now too... scary good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobalob
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by Bobalob » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:32 pm

dan-man wrote:
Bobalob wrote:
dan-man wrote:

Beggars can't be choosers. The team that beats GS (if and when it happens) will look ridiculously loaded on paper. That's what it will take
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by dan-man » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Bobalob wrote:
dan-man wrote:
Bobalob wrote:

Beggars can't be choosers. The team that beats GS (if and when it happens) will look ridiculously loaded on paper. That's what it will take

My point is, its not just about "loading up". Watch how awful some of these all-star teams are... Takes off and on court chemistry. Herding a bunch of narcissistic All-NBA players won't guarantee anything, aside from a massive luxury tax bill. Good example would be the Nets team with KG & Pierce a few years back.
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by dan-man » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:52 pm

haste10176 wrote:

Thats not enough to beat GSW... Curry or CP3? Klay or Harden.. (Remember one plays defence).. Draymond or Paul Milsap... And who gets KD????

What "coward"? Hating on Kevin Durant for taking max $$ to enjoy the game, optimize his ability to contribute and play with a selfless culture and positive organization? Yeah he MUST be a coward. :noway:
Bobalob
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by Bobalob » Sun Jul 2, 2017 9:29 am

dan-man wrote:
Bobalob wrote:
dan-man wrote:

My point is, its not just about "loading up". Watch how awful some of these all-star teams are... Takes off and on court chemistry. Herding a bunch of narcissistic All-NBA players won't guarantee anything, aside from a massive luxury tax bill. Good example would be the Nets team with KG & Pierce a few years back.

Well...for one they said the same about GS when KD signed and we saw how that went

2, KG n Pierce were 103 when with the Nets

And 3, again, beggars can't be choosers lol You are NOT winning a title vs a team led by Kevin Durant and Steph Curty unless you have supreme talent. End of story. So you have no choice but to 'load up'
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by dan-man » Sun Jul 2, 2017 1:50 pm

Bobalob wrote:
dan-man wrote:
Bobalob wrote:

Well...for one they said the same about GS when KD signed and we saw how that went

And 3, again, beggars can't be choosers lol You are NOT winning a title vs a team led by Kevin Durant and Steph Curty unless you have supreme talent. End of story. So you have no choice but to 'load up'

You're trying to compare a random super team to GS... Watch tape from the last 20 years and pay attention to how this usually pans out.
Bobalob
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by Bobalob » Sun Jul 2, 2017 3:05 pm

dan-man wrote:
Bobalob wrote:
dan-man wrote:

You're trying to compare a random super team to GS... Watch tape from the last 20 years and pay attention to how this usually pans out.

KD signing with GS = you can throw your 'tape' out the window my guy

Chemistry, comraderie, synergy, however you wanna put it--it ain't winning you a ring in THESE modern times. Bet that

Return to Wiretap Discussion