Vince Carter To Meet With Kings

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Vince Carter To Meet With Kings 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 3, 2017 12:01 am

Vince Carter will meet with the Sacramento Kings on Monday.

Carter is a free agent after continuing to be a valuable role player with the Memphis Grizzlies.

Via Chris Haynes/ESPN

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Re: Vince Carter To Meet With Kings 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Jul 3, 2017 12:42 am

Why?
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#3 » by dan-man » Mon Jul 3, 2017 12:47 am

At this point they need to meet the minimum cap space threshold. Vince may be the lucky recipient of an artificially high 1 year salary.
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by dan-man » Mon Jul 3, 2017 12:48 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:Why?

In case you haven't been following, EVERY free agent meets with Sacramento to leverage the team they intend on signing with for the maximum.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#5 » by haste10176 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:40 am

dan-man wrote:At this point they need to meet the minimum cap space threshold. Vince may be the lucky recipient of an artificially high 1 year salary.

Which seems insane when you only have Boggie for one more year surely you need to pay another star to come onboard.. For the 76ers with JJ it was actually perfect but NO need to do something now to keep cousins..
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#6 » by Cookin Baskets » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:55 am

Why is anybody meeting with Kings must be the cap space Am I right? :lol:
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:29 am

dan-man wrote:

In case you haven't been following, EVERY free agent meets with Sacramento to leverage the team they intend on signing with for the maximum.

We're still talking about Vince Carter, right? I think he's leveraging for the "maximum" veterans-minimum. If some team goes crazy they'll give him the "maximum" mid-level exception. More likely his agent leaked this to let GSW know he's still available.
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by dan-man » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:04 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
dan-man wrote:

We're still talking about Vince Carter, right? I think he's leveraging for the "maximum" veterans-minimum. If some team goes crazy they'll give him the "maximum" mid-level exception. More likely his agent leaked this to let GSW know he's still available.

Haha. touche... Maybe he'll bilk some team to something slightly above the vet min thanks to the Kings?
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by dan-man » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:06 pm

dan-man wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
dan-man wrote:

Haha. touche... Maybe he'll bilk some team to something slightly above the vet min thanks to the Kings?

And I agree, GS would be a good fit for him. You know he'll hit the ground running w/that second unit until his 45 year old legs finally give out. He'd be the old guy in that 3 on 3 league. Good for you Vince.

Return to Wiretap Discussion