Carmelo Anthony Open To Waiving No-Trade For Rockets, Cavs

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Carmelo Anthony Open To Waiving No-Trade For Rockets, Cavs 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:08 am

Carmelo Anthony is now open to waiving his no-trade clause to join either the Houston Rockets or Cleveland Cavaliers.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,117

Re: Carmelo Anthony Open To Waiving No-Trade For Rockets, Cavs 

Post#2 » by Revived » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:27 am

Makes sense, I never thought Melo hated D'Antoni as much as it was reported that he did anyway.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#3 » by texasholdem » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:32 am

Rockets can offer Ryan Anderson (29 years old) who is owed $61m over the next 3 years

Cavs can offer Kevin Love (28 years old) who is owed $72m over the next 3 years or Tristan Thompson (26 years old) who is owed $52m over the next 3 years

Carmelo is 33 and has 2 years left and $54m owed + 15% trade kicker

Think the Knicks will go for Love.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
gcgroove
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by gcgroove » Mon Jul 3, 2017 6:08 am

Yeah I can't see the Knicks going for Anderson. The other possibility is a 3 team trade so that the Knicks get some combo of younger players and draft picks.

texasholdem wrote:Rockets can offer Ryan Anderson (29 years old) who is owed $61m over the next 3 years

Cavs can offer Kevin Love (28 years old) who is owed $72m over the next 3 years or Tristan Thompson (26 years old) who is owed $52m over the next 3 years

FMX
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#5 » by FMX » Mon Jul 3, 2017 6:10 am

Send him to the west. do not help Cavs.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#6 » by TimRobbins » Mon Jul 3, 2017 6:19 am

texasholdem wrote:Rockets can offer Ryan Anderson (29 years old) who is owed $61m over the next 3 years

Knicks are better off keeping Carmelo than trading him for Ryan Anderson's bad contract. That's not going to happen. Rockets will have to offer a lot of assets for a trade to happen.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#7 » by texasholdem » Mon Jul 3, 2017 7:17 am

TimRobbins wrote:

Knicks are better off keeping Carmelo than trading him for Ryan Anderson's bad contract. That's not going to happen. Rockets will have to offer a lot of assets for a trade to happen.

they can keep him. If a lot of assets need to be sent out, I'd rather try for LaMarcus Aldridge than Melo.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#8 » by TimRobbins » Mon Jul 3, 2017 7:19 am

texasholdem wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:

you can keep him. If a lot of assets need to be sent out, I'd rather try for LaMarcus Aldridge than Melo.

Alridge will require even more assets.
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#9 » by draftnightsuit » Mon Jul 3, 2017 11:38 am

I doubt the Cavs are willing to trade Love for him.

Ryan Anderson's contract isn't great but he's only 29 can still shoot the lights out. If he performs well they can flip him for assets later on.

Thw Knicka should go for it and get rid of Melo while they can.
tombattor
General Manager
And1: 807

Post#10 » by tombattor » Mon Jul 3, 2017 12:27 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:

you can keep him. If a lot of assets need to be sent out, I'd rather try for LaMarcus Aldridge than Melo.

Alridge will require even more assets.

Knicks are not adding an extra year of bad contract. Melo has 2 years left.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#11 » by 12footrim » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:29 pm

TimRobbins wrote:

Carmelo is the worse contract in that scenario. Anderson just turned 29 years old and very likely will age well assuming reasonable health which he has had. Either way the injury risk is about the same for he and Anthony if not more for an older Anthony. What Anderson does is shoot and that's not going anywhere. He's far more likely to be the same player in 3 years and have similar value.

I actually think given the team construction for Houston Anderson is the much better fit on that team than Anthony anyway. I think NY would need to give up additional assets before I would trade for him.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#12 » by The_Hater » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:33 pm

Revived wrote:Makes sense, I never thought Melo hated D'Antoni as much as it was reported that he did anyway.

I don't think it was Melo hating MDA as much as MDA's frustration with Melo. Like Kobe, ball stoppers are bad fits in his system and really any modern system. That was the 1990's way of playing.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater

Post#13 » by The_Hater » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:04 pm

draftnightsuit wrote:I doubt the Cavs are willing to trade Love for him.

Ryan Anderson's contract isn't great but he's only 29 can still shoot the lights out. If he performs well they can flip him for assets later on.

Thw Knicka should go for it and get rid of Melo while they can.

I would have said there's zero chance of this happening with Griffin in charge but who knows who's running the show in Cleveland now.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#14 » by TimRobbins » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:06 pm

12footrim wrote:Carmelo is the worse contract in that scenario. Anderson just turned 29 years old and very likely will age well assuming reasonable health which he has had. Either way the injury risk is about the same for he and Anthony if not more for an older Anthony. What Anderson does is shoot and that's not going anywhere. He's far more likely to be the same player in 3 years and have similar value.

I actually think given the team construction for Houston Anderson is the much better fit on that team than Anthony anyway. I think NY would need to give up additional assets before I would trade for him.

Knicks don't want or need Anderson. Melo will opt out after this season. It's ludacrous to think the Knicks will take Anderson's terrible contract and add assets.

Carmelo's basically an expiring contract.
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by 12footrim » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:17 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
12footrim wrote:Carmelo is the worse contract in that scenario. Anderson just turned 29 years old and very likely will age well assuming reasonable health which he has had. Either way the injury risk is about the same for he and Anthony if not more for an older Anthony. What Anderson does is shoot and that's not going anywhere. He's far more likely to be the same player in 3 years and have similar value.

Knicks don't want or need Anderson. Melo will opt out after this season. It's ludacrous to think the Knicks will take Anderson's terrible contract and add assets.

What I do know is that Anderson's contract is far more movable. If Carmelo was willing to waive his no trade to one of the only 2 team he's willing to then it WOULD be in NY's interest to do it pretty much for that and then work on moving Anderson who can't stop them from trading him and highly likely easier to move anyway. Got to think another step deeper.

It really depends on how bad they want him gone doesn't it. It was clear Phil was about at the end of his rope and willing to to pretty much what it took to move him. Who knows at this point. They should want to move him still as Carmelo really does nothing for NY either but hinder the transition to Porzingis and be a headache about how he's used.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#16 » by TimRobbins » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:25 pm

12footrim wrote:What I do know is that Anderson's contract is far more movable. If Carmelo was willing to waive his no trade to one of the only 2 team he's willing to then it WOULD be in NY's interest to do it pretty much for that and then work on moving Anderson who can't stop them from trading him and highly likely easier to move anyway. Got to think another step deeper.

It really depends on how bad they want him gone doesn't it. It was clear Phil was about at the end of his rope and willing to to pretty much what it took to move him. Who knows at this point. They should want to move him still as Carmelo really does nothing for NY either but hinder the transition to Porzingis and be a headache about how he's used.

LOL. Teams were demanding two first rounders to take Anderson's contract.

I don't think the Knicks want Melo gone that badly. They will hold on to him for another season or trade him as an expiring contract at the deadline.
Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Post#17 » by Jordans_Rose » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:35 pm

I say Melo gets traded to Cleveland, D-Wade signs with the Cavs and CP3 leaves Houston next summer and signs with the Cavs as well, banana boat reunion confirmed.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#18 » by bringinhinkie » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:36 pm

12footrim wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:

What I do know is that Anderson's contract is far more movable. If Carmelo was willing to waive his no trade to one of the only 2 team he's willing to then it WOULD be in NY's interest to do it pretty much for that and then work on moving Anderson who can't stop them from trading him and highly likely easier to move anyway. Got to think another step deeper.

Uh no, it's not

Melos is 1, potentially 2 years less and he's the far superior player

Not even close
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by 12footrim » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:42 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
12footrim wrote:What I do know is that Anderson's contract is far more movable. If Carmelo was willing to waive his no trade to one of the only 2 team he's willing to then it WOULD be in NY's interest to do it pretty much for that and then work on moving Anderson who can't stop them from trading him and highly likely easier to move anyway. Got to think another step deeper.

LOL. Teams were demanding two first rounders to take Anderson's contract.

I don't think the Knicks want Melo gone that badly. They will hold on to him for another season or trade him as an expiring contract at the deadline.

:lol: sure they were. The Pacers and Bulls couldn't even get that for Butler or George.

He still has to waiver that trade clause last I checked.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
The_Hater

Post#20 » by The_Hater » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:44 pm

How can Melo argue that he wants to remain in NYC and be close to his kids one minute and then agree to waive his no-trade for two other cities the next?
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Wiretap Discussion