Brandon Ingram Out For Summer League Due To Leg Cramps

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Brandon Ingram Out For Summer League Due To Leg Cramps 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jul 8, 2017 8:01 pm

Brandon Ingram will miss the remainder of Summer League after sustaining cramps in his right leg in the Los Angeles Lakers opening game.

Ingram scored 26 points in the game against the Clippers.

Ingram is coming off an inconsistent rookie season.

Via RealGM Staff Report

TheBobster
Senior
And1: 646

Re: Brandon Ingram Out For Summer League Due To Leg Cramps 

Post#2 » by TheBobster » Sat Jul 8, 2017 8:53 pm

The real news is that he has a muscle somewhere.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#3 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Jul 8, 2017 9:07 pm

Wouldn't you *want* to work them out a bit in Summer League? Not searching for conspiracies, but this seems weird to me.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#4 » by dan-man » Sat Jul 8, 2017 9:21 pm

This guy is 20 years old... have some water and run it out, kiddo.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#5 » by dan-man » Sat Jul 8, 2017 9:25 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:Wouldn't you *want* to work them out a bit in Summer League? Not searching for conspiracies, but this seems weird to me.

Yeah it is strange. If it were a "sore knee" or something else w/a less temporary issue it'd make more sense.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#6 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Jul 8, 2017 9:48 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:Wouldn't you *want* to work them out a bit in Summer League? Not searching for conspiracies, but this seems weird to me.

You think this was his idea?
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#7 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sat Jul 8, 2017 10:27 pm

You mean menstrual.

Screw you Melon!
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Jul 8, 2017 10:48 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:

No, I think it was the team's idea. I just find it weird. Cramps isn't an injury per se, so why is he sitting out, to avoid additional cramping? That doesn't strike others as odd?
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Jul 8, 2017 10:50 pm

dan-man wrote:

Yeah it is strange. If it were a "sore knee" or something else w/a less temporary issue it'd make more sense.

Exactly my point, cramping is not something you normally would miss games for - I mean, maybe that *one* game where you cramped up, but why sit out the rest of the games? They happen, they pass, you move along. Just seems odd to me.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Jul 8, 2017 11:50 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

No, I think it was the team's idea. I just find it weird. Cramps isn't an injury per se, so why is he sitting out, to avoid additional cramping? That doesn't strike others as odd?

Not really.. it's summer league, if there is any sort of injury scare from a guy considered to be one of your best players you have him sit out the rest of summer league.. because it's the summer league.

He shouldn't even be there
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,635

Post#11 » by Psubs » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:20 am

IAMZOOTED wrote:
RickB-Orlando wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

Not really.. it's summer league, if there is any sort of injury scare from a guy considered to be one of your best players you have him sit out the rest of summer league.. because it's the summer league.

He should be there every year he can! It's helping Siakam and Poeltl. Siakam will be better than Ingram this season.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#12 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:24 am

Oh no, is he seriously out of shape?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:26 am

IAMZOOTED wrote:
RickB-Orlando wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

I'm sorry, but if he's considered to be on of the best players, why is he not in shape and cramping up...?
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by IAMZOOTED » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:31 am

Psubs wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:
RickB-Orlando wrote:

He should be there every year he can! It's helping Siakam and Poeltl. Siakam will be better than Ingram this season.

You keep telling yourself that.

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#15 » by Revived » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:26 am

IAMZOOTED wrote:
RickB-Orlando wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

He had a pretty bad rookie season, I don't know why you don't think he shouldn't be there.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by IAMZOOTED » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:02 am

Revived wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:
RickB-Orlando wrote:

He had a pretty bad rookie season, I don't know why you don't think he shouldn't be there.

Did you watch the game yesterday?

IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by IAMZOOTED » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:05 am

RickB-Orlando wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:
RickB-Orlando wrote:

I'm sorry, but if he's considered to be on of the best players, why is he not in shape and cramping up...?

My bad, I meant most important.

And you can be in shape and cramp up. You realize that, don't you?

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#18 » by Revived » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:07 am

IAMZOOTED wrote:
Revived wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

Yeah I put more stock in 82 regular season games than 1 summer league game.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by IAMZOOTED » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:16 am

Revived wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:
Revived wrote:He had a pretty bad rookie season, I don't know why you don't think he shouldn't be there.

Yeah I put more stock in 82 regular season games than 1 summer league game.

When he's actually playing against nba players? Summer league isn't close to that, after the all star break he played pretty well so he's going to dominate the summer league it's no competition in the summer league. Whatever though, that's not even the point of my comment, it's not at all surprising that magic isn't letting him play.

RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:55 am

IAMZOOTED wrote:
RickB-Orlando wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

My bad, I meant most important.

And you can be in shape and cramp up. You realize that, don't you?

Of course I do. But it shouldn't necessitate not playing in the next game or five.

Clearly we're not going to agree on this. You seem to think it's prudent to hold him out. My position is, if it's *just* a cramp, you go the next day. If you can't go the next day after a cramp... it ain't a cramp.

Return to Wiretap Discussion