Mavs Wouldn't Rebuild If They Were In Eastern Conference

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Mavs Wouldn't Rebuild If They Were In Eastern Conference 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:03 am

Mark Cuban is attempting to rebuild the Dallas Mavericks as they navigate a difficult Western Conference. 

Cuban is in favor of a change to the playoff format where conferences are eliminated.

"We're rebuilding. Right?" Cuban said during the ESPN broadcast of the Mavs' win Sunday over the Phoenix Suns in the Las Vegas Summer League. "There's no question about it. If we were in the East, we would not be rebuilding. We'd be handling things completely different. I think I'm going to kidnap Adam Silver and not let him out until he moves us to the Eastern Conference.

"Given where we are, given where the Warriors are and what's happening in the Western Conference, it kind of sealed what we have to do."

Dallas won just 33 games last season and plan to start rookie Dennis Smith Jr. at point guard next season.

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Mavs Wouldn't Rebuild If They Were In Eastern Conference 

Post#2 » by macNcheese3 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:14 pm

MARK your a piece of work pal.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#3 » by hyberx » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:21 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:MARK your a piece of work pal.

Yes.

And Cuban is completely right on this one.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#4 » by Cookin Baskets » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm for it let the best 16 teams make the playoffs keep the conferences for standings and the all-star game but not be a factor for playoff best in record wise in the nba 1-16,etc. No more teams with worse records in the playoffs
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
Ryan91729
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#5 » by Ryan91729 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:28 pm

This was all said while the 3 were laughing and having a good time during a summer league telecast. Way to try and twist a joke into a story. He also said Dennis Smith is better than prime Derrick Rose. I guess that will be the next "breaking" story...lol.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#6 » by Diggr14 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:28 pm

He’s delusional.

The Mavericks are a treadmill team at best right now, if he was smart.. he’d rebuild no matter where he was.

The West has GSW, that’s all that matters, because right now no one in the West could come close to them. The closest teams to them as it stands right now are both in the East. Cleveland and Boston.

I do like what OKC did, they might be the WCF challenger. Houston will be about the same.. even with the Paul trade, they sacrificed too much depth. SAS is a broken down mule with a singular star player holding that ship up like Atlas. Minnesota is still too far away unless they can find a heart/will to play D for tin man Wiggins. If Wiggins has a breakout season defensively, they could be in that mix above, but I’ll believe it when i see it.

Until then, the two best teams in the NBA not named GSW are in BOS and CLE
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#7 » by hyberx » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Diggr14 wrote:He’s delusional.

The Mavericks are a treadmill team at best right now, if he was smart.. he’d rebuild no matter where he was.

The West has GSW, that’s all that matters, because right now no one in the West could come close to them. The closest teams to them as it stands right now are both in the East. Cleveland and Boston.

I do like what OKC did, they might be the WCF challenger. Houston will be about the same.. even with the Paul trade, they sacrificed too much depth. SAS is a broken down mule with a singular star player holding that ship up like Atlas. Minnesota is still too far away unless they can find a heart/will to play D for tin man Wiggins. If Wiggins has a breakout season defensively, they could be in that mix above, but I’ll believe it when i see it.

Until then, the two best teams in the NBA not named GSW are in BOS and CLE

LOL, so the BOS and CLE, the two teams that would have been 7th and 8th seed in the West with their head-to-head record against the West teams, are all of a sudden right behind the Ws now?

Nothing has changed for the Cavs and adding Hayward to Celtics likely still don't get them over CLE. It's crazy to say they are better than Spurs and Rockets. They would have a tough time even with the Wolves and Thunders.

Just a quick reminder that Butler/PG/Millsap have all moved to the West while only Hayward (who isn't even an All Star and now the 2nd best player in the East) moved the other side. The minor league East just became D-league+ this year.
beefman
Senior
And1: 15

Post#8 » by beefman » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:06 pm

hmmm i don't recall Mark asking out of the conference when Dirk was in his prime and the mavs were kicking the **** out of the warriors and the rest of the conference
KnightofHyrule
Sixth Man
And1: 1,929

Post#9 » by KnightofHyrule » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Diggr14 wrote:Until then, the two best teams in the NBA not named GSW are in BOS and CLE

I need the season to start now so that people can eat crow for overrating the Celtics.

San Antonio is CLEARLY the 2nd best team in the NBA, followed by Cleveland, Houston and Minnesota.
casey_glory7 wrote:Raptors vs GS finals 2018 confirmed. I'll pay every realgm member 50 bucks if im wrong.

Thanks for ruining everything, KD....
StayCool
Freshman
And1: 150

Post#10 » by StayCool » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:25 pm

KnightofHyrule wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:Until then, the two best teams in the NBA not named GSW are in BOS and CLE

I need the season to start now so that people can eat crow for overrating the Celtics.

San Antonio is CLEARLY the 2nd best team in the NBA, followed by Cleveland, Houston and Minnesota.

Regular Season, yes. Playoff, no.

If SA vs CLE were to play a 7-game series, it would go to 6 or 7 games with CLE being the slight favorite. Not really sure how SA is CLEARLY better than CLE. They are in the same tier.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#11 » by Diggr14 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:54 am

StayCool wrote:
KnightofHyrule wrote:

If SA vs CLE were to play a 7-game series, it would go to 6 or 7 games with CLE being the slight favorite. Not really sure how SA is CLEARLY better than CLE. They are in the same tier.

SA wouldn’t beat CLE, nor would they beat Boston now. They are too old and broken, even with Kawhi propping the corpse up.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
KnightofHyrule
Sixth Man
And1: 1,929

Post#12 » by KnightofHyrule » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Diggr14 wrote:
StayCool wrote:
KnightofHyrule wrote:I need the season to start now so that people can eat crow for overrating the Celtics.

SA wouldn’t beat CLE, nor would they beat Boston now. They are too old and broken, even with Kawhi propping the corpse up.

smdh
casey_glory7 wrote:Raptors vs GS finals 2018 confirmed. I'll pay every realgm member 50 bucks if im wrong.

Thanks for ruining everything, KD....

Return to Wiretap Discussion