Paul George Was Surprised By Trade To Thunder

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Paul George Was Surprised By Trade To Thunder 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Paul George was shocked when he learned he had been traded by the Indiana Pacers to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Thunder were not previously mentioned as a team who could potentially trade for George.

"It was surprising. This team wasn't one of the teams that we had in mind," George said. "I thought I was going to four or five other teams that were pretty active in trade [talks]. When I found out it was OKC, I was quite surprised, but at the same time I was happy about the trade. I was thrilled, I was looking forward to it. All I wanted was a chance and an opportunity to play for something special and ultimately to try and win a championship, and right off the bat I think I can do that here playing alongside Russ [Russell Westbrook]."

George had informed the Pacers, through his agent, that he intended to sign elsewhere when he reached unrestricted free agency next summer.

"The risk in this decision was not making it," Thunder general manager Sam Presti said.

Via Royce Young/ESPN

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Paul George Was Surprised By Trade To Thunder 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:30 pm

Hate to tell you but you aren't close to competing for a title in OKC. Maybe if you still had Oladipo.
Heaven101
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Heaven101 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:50 pm

Lebron couldn't do it with big 3, KD did not make it with Westbrook,Serge Ibaka and James Harden, now he thinks he could compete for a championship with OKC with a inferior lineup without Serge Ibaka and James Harden, unrealistic.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#4 » by haste10176 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Heaven101 wrote:Lebron couldn't do it with big 3, KD did not make it with Westbrook,Serge Ibaka and James Harden, now he thinks he could compete for a championship with OKC with a inferior lineup without Serge Ibaka and James Harden, unrealistic.

LBJ did win with Kyrie and Kevin love in 2016 and then a 73-9 win team added the second best player in the league in KD... I know the cavs are called a big 3 but Kyrie and Love could not even take their teams to finals without LBJ... KD could... Kyrie did not show up till game 3 and Love was on and off and then bench fired for one game... LBJ can win but every player needs help.. Trust me MJ got a lot his team was stacked but even his bulls team pales in comparison to how stacked this GSW team is..
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#5 » by Cookin Baskets » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 am

I was too, and I'll say their ceiling is the Western Conference Finals if they have a great year but most likely they will just make it to the 2nd round.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:14 am

haste10176 wrote:
Heaven101 wrote:Lebron couldn't do it with big 3, KD did not make it with Westbrook,Serge Ibaka and James Harden, now he thinks he could compete for a championship with OKC with a inferior lineup without Serge Ibaka and James Harden, unrealistic.

LBJ did win with Kyrie and Kevin love in 2016 and then a 73-9 win team added the second best player in the league in KD... I know the cavs are called a big 3 but Kyrie and Love could not even take their teams to finals without LBJ... KD could... Kyrie did not show up till game 3 and Love was on and off and then bench fired for one game... LBJ can win but every player needs help.. Trust me MJ got a lot his team was stacked but even his bulls team pales in comparison to how stacked this GSW team is..

If the Cavs used Lebron's salary to add two or three quality roll players Love and Irving would absolutely have a shot at going to the finals in the East. They would have no shot at winning but that's a different beast. The East is a pillow fight right now.

Return to Wiretap Discussion