James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 47,083
And1: 126
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:39 pm

James Harden will be paid $228 million over the next six seasons with the Houston Rockets.


"It's rare that you feel so welcome, that you feel like you're at home and feel like every single day you wake up to go to work and have people around you to motivate you, that push you to be better, that you love to be around," Harden said. "That's another reason I signed the extension.


"I don't want to go anywhere. I don't want to deal with free agency. I know where home is. I know where I want to be. I know where I want to retire ultimately. And I know where I want to win a championship. Everything is going to happen in Houston."


Harden's relationship with Daryl Morey, Leslie Alexander and Tad Brown has grown over the years.


"The relationship we have here in terms of him pushing me to make the team better and his ability to recruit all these players ... is the modern way I think teams are going to be built," Morey said. "To get a cornerstone player like James and have him bring everybody to the party in Houston. We think next year is going to be the best team we've had, and it's all thanks to this guy."

Via Jonathan Feigen/Houston Chronicle

macNcheese3
Rookie
Posts: 1,156
And1: 170
Joined: Jul 04, 2015
     

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#2 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Everything except for DEFENSE
spicy6
Sophomore
Posts: 231
And1: 241
Joined: Apr 21, 2017
 

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#3 » by spicy6 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:55 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:Everything except for DEFENSE


:lol: :lol: lol truee
Adam Stern
Sophomore
Posts: 130
And1: 66
Joined: Jun 21, 2017

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#4 » by Adam Stern » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:40 pm

You have to respect the synergy of the Rockets organization.
From owner to front office to coaching staff to players, they all seem to be on the same page.
I think that's one of the main reasons they've become a popular destination.
User avatar
Vince604
Sophomore
Posts: 193
And1: 183
Joined: Jan 28, 2017
     

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#5 » by Vince604 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:06 pm

All is good when the situation good, but lets see what he says when the Rockets end up like the Clippers back when Chris Paul was there. Good regular season records year after year and then fall short in the playoffs.
My all-time starting five: Hakeem Olajuwan, Michael Jordan, and three 3nD role players.

Need help drafting for your fantasy team? Check out this link viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1608530
User avatar
Oden2
RealGM
Posts: 20,428
And1: 1,228
Joined: May 29, 2007
Location: Portland
   

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#6 » by Oden2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Vince604 wrote:All is good when the situation good, but lets see what he says when the Rockets end up like the Clippers back when Chris Paul was there. Good regular season records year after year and then fall short in the playoffs.


Already counting them out? I'm not a rockets or clips fan but I think it's entirely unfair to blame the clips situation entirely on him when clearly he's been he most important guy to the clips success In recent memory and there was way more going on there i.e. It's also quite possible keeping Doc wasn't the best choice for that team. Likewise I think it's unfair to say he will fail in Houston before giving him a chance to prove himself first.

Heck he's had talent around him but the warriors and cavs have been undeniably better. They could have done better of course but I find it hard to believe someone like Steve Kerr Greg Pop or Phil Jackson couldn't use cp3 significantly better than doc did
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 25,180
And1: 3,873
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#7 » by br7knicks » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:36 pm

"...when they trade me for someone who knows BASIC man to man defense"
BAF 1.0 - Phoeknicks Suns
$228
PG: J Nelson 20/E Mudiay 10
SG: CJ Miles 20/M Ellis 4
SF: P George 425/J Lamb 2
PF: R Hollis-J 20
C: D Jordan 275/Z Pachulia 12
bringinhinkie
General Manager
Posts: 9,140
And1: 360
Joined: Apr 01, 2006
Location: knicks
 

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#8 » by bringinhinkie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Oden2 wrote:
Vince604 wrote:All is good when the situation good, but lets see what he says when the Rockets end up like the Clippers back when Chris Paul was there. Good regular season records year after year and then fall short in the playoffs.


Already counting them out? I'm not a rockets or clips fan but I think it's entirely unfair to blame the clips situation entirely on him when clearly he's been he most important guy to the clips success In recent memory and there was way more going on there i.e. It's also quite possible keeping Doc wasn't the best choice for that team. Likewise I think it's unfair to say he will fail in Houston before giving him a chance to prove himself first.

Heck he's had talent around him but the warriors and cavs have been undeniably better. They could have done better of course but I find it hard to believe someone like Steve Kerr Greg Pop or Phil Jackson couldn't use cp3 significantly better than doc did

Exactly

Paul was the whole team.. they were trash before him and will be trash without him (the clips)

Meanwhile, Houston will win 65 and give gstate a run for their money
User avatar
BombsquadSammy
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
Posts: 5,674
And1: 10,782
Joined: Sep 03, 2014
Location: Venice
     

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#9 » by BombsquadSammy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:59 am

"It's rare that you feel so welcome, that you feel like you're at home and feel like every single day you wake up to go to work and have people around you to motivate you, that push you to be better, that you love to be around. That's another reason I signed the extension...

...but mostly, it was for the 228 million dollars."
I'm not sure what the best thing about Switzerland is, but their flag is a big plus.
User avatar
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
Posts: 10,571
And1: 1,090
Joined: Jan 19, 2014
 

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#10 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:10 am

Good work getting MDA to replace McFail, not sure if McDumbBell motivated him.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
User avatar
Donnyxc
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,890
And1: 123
Joined: May 03, 2013

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#11 » by Donnyxc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:47 pm

It would really be Everything if Wade, LeBron, and Melo joined them to complete their bananaboat team. Although they could barely get CP3 on with their cap space to begin with. Had to convince him to opt in.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Adam Stern
Sophomore
Posts: 130
And1: 66
Joined: Jun 21, 2017

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#12 » by Adam Stern » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:10 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Good work getting MDA to replace McFail, not sure if McDumbBell motivated him.


Aside from the fact he had MVP caliber seasons under both coaches?
User avatar
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
Posts: 10,571
And1: 1,090
Joined: Jan 19, 2014
 

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#13 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Adam Stern wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Good work getting MDA to replace McFail, not sure if McDumbBell motivated him.


Aside from the fact he had MVP caliber seasons under both coaches?

He was already pretty good in OKC. He was extra-motivated after being rejected at contract talk. Even more so after being beaten by OKC in the playoffs. McDimwitHell OTOH just spoiled him mainly. That does provide some motivation tho.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Adam Stern
Sophomore
Posts: 130
And1: 66
Joined: Jun 21, 2017

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#14 » by Adam Stern » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:54 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
Adam Stern wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Good work getting MDA to replace McFail, not sure if McDumbBell motivated him.


Aside from the fact he had MVP caliber seasons under both coaches?

He was already pretty good in OKC. He was extra-motivated after being rejected at contract talk. Even more so after being beaten by OKC in the playoffs. McDimwitHell OTOH just spoiled him mainly. That does provide some motivation tho.


So, apparently whether Harden was motivated or not depends on what point you are trying to make at the moment.

Seems legit.
User avatar
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
Posts: 10,571
And1: 1,090
Joined: Jan 19, 2014
 

Re: James Harden: Everything Is Going To Happen In Houston 

Post#15 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:48 am

Adam Stern wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Adam Stern wrote:
Aside from the fact he had MVP caliber seasons under both coaches?

He was already pretty good in OKC. He was extra-motivated after being rejected at contract talk. Even more so after being beaten by OKC in the playoffs. McDimwitHell OTOH just spoiled him mainly. That does provide some motivation tho.


So, apparently whether Harden was motivated or not depends on what point you are trying to make at the moment.

Seems legit.

Seems like you are confusing a motivated person vs a person being motivated by another vs a person being motivated indirectly.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion