Celtics Sign Abdel Nader, Waive Demetrius Jackson

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Celtics Sign Abdel Nader, Waive Demetrius Jackson 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm

The Boston Celtics have signed rookie forward Abdel Nader while waiving Demetrius Jackson. 

Nader, the reigning 2016-17 NBA G League Rookie of the Year, averaged a team-high 21.3 points (44.7% FG, 34.9% 3-PT, 79.4% FT), 6.2 rebounds, 3.9 assists, 1.00 steal, 0.83 blocked shots and 33.5 minutes over 40 games with the Maine Red Claws in his first professional season. 

“We asked him to do a lot,” said Celtics assistant Jerome Allen, who coached the summer Celtics for their three games in Utah. “We asked him to guard (Jazz guard Dante) Exum. We asked him to be the quarterback in terms of communication on switches. We asked him to be the point guard and set the kitchen table. We asked him to rebound the ball. He’s probably a little fatigued.”

Via RealGM Staff Report

Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Re: Celtics Sign Abdel Nader, Waive Demetrius Jackson 

Post#2 » by Donnyxc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Gonna have to get used to saying G League, still feels a little awkward.

I like the Nader signing. Definitely an upgrade to D Jackson. Nader is inked and won't have to fight for his spot, but last year he showed he was hungry. Wasn't content at all being in the then D League, and spent a lot of time developing his on-ball skills. Can guard 1,2,3. Maybe 4 if he bulks up a bit.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Celtics Sign Abdel Nader, Waive Demetrius Jackson 

Post#3 » by macNcheese3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:51 am

G league does sound odd. D League makes more sense but its all about that sponsorship money

Return to Wiretap Discussion