Re: Eric Bledsoe Loves Phoenix But 'Wants To Win'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Eric Bledsoe Loves Phoenix But 'Wants To Win' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:49 pm

Eric Bledsoe doesn't fit in with the Phoenix Suns' current timeline of contention as they pivot towards a rebuild around Devin Booker and Josh Jackson.

“I love everything about it,” said Bledsoe of Phoenix. “At the same time I want to win.”

Bledsoe said he “definitely feels” like an old man among his teammates.

Bledsoe was asked for what he thought about the Suns' offseason.

“We got Josh Jackson. James Jones (in the front office). But for the most part, I don’t care,” he said. “Whatever team we have at training I’m going to play my heart out for. I just control what I can control. Getting better every time I step onto the floor.”

Bledsoe said the player movement in the offseason has been “more fun than the Finals.”

Bledsoe expects it to continue.

“It’s not over.”

Via Scott Bordow/Arizona Republic

Bobalob
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#2 » by Bobalob » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Kyrie for Bledsoe, Chandler, Bender, and the 2018 first
chipchipperson
Junior
And1: 80

Post#3 » by chipchipperson » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Bobalob wrote:Kyrie for Bledsoe, Chandler, Bender, and the 2018 first

Far too much. Kyrie is 1 dimensional and doesn't fit with their rebuild timeline either.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#4 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:23 pm

chipchipperson wrote:

Far too much. Kyrie is 1 dimensional and doesn't fit with their rebuild timeline either.

too much? Chandler is also a salary dump for them.
Bobalob
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by Bobalob » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:32 pm

chipchipperson wrote:

Bledsoe is already on the trade market and the fact he isnt gone yet shows their isnt a high quality market for him. Btw he's 3 years older than Kyrie

Chandler is almost TWICE the age of their 'target rebuild'. Way more valuable to Cleveland than Phoenix

I mentioned Bender bc he's the worst of their 3 young propsects, which keeps them with Jackson and Chriss.

Maybe you push back the first a year or two or put protections on it, but if im Phoenix i make that trade in a heartbeat. You're not signing a marquee free agent, ever, so this is your shot
chipchipperson
Junior
And1: 80

Post#6 » by chipchipperson » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Bobalob wrote:
chipchipperson wrote:

Bledsoe is already on the trade market and the fact he isnt gone yet shows their isnt a high quality market for him. Btw he's 3 years older than Kyrie

Chandler is almost TWICE the age of their 'target rebuild'. Way more valuable to Cleveland than Phoenix

I mentioned Bender bc he's the worst of their 3 young propsects, which keeps them with Jackson and Chriss.

Maybe you push back the first a year or two or put protections on it, but if im Phoenix i make that trade in a heartbeat. You're not signing a marquee free agent, ever, so this is your shot

Seems I'm higher on bender than you guys. Think he has more potential than both Chriss and Jackson, personally.
Anyway, the real problem is that it would be at best a lateral move, particularly when Phoenix has gone all in on rebuilding. Kyrie has 2 years left on his deal, at which point (should your proposal happen) he leaves Phoenix because, as you said, they're not signing a marquee free agent in the midst of a rebuild, even if he's already on their team(especially with the way the league is now where even 3rd tier stars like Gordon Hayward leave their squad for ever-so-slightly greener pastures).
Chandler has tons of "veteran presence" value and Bledsoe is essentially a poor man's Irving. Why give up the potential of bender and a future 1st when getting Irving doesn't move the needle at all?
People seem to forget that Kyrie plays next to no defense and has proven he can't even lead a team to the playoffs in a horribly weak east as the #1 option. This move would serve no purpose for either Irving or the Suns.
Lastly, trading for Kyrie would stunt devin booker's development greatly. He has the talent to lead this team, he simply needs to grow into it. Kyrie taking over the team for the next two years does irreparable damage to the budding star already on their roster (whom they have contractual control over).
My point being, the Suns should only trade for Irving if he falls into their lap. Anything else would have a net negative impact on their rebuild.
Bobalob
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by Bobalob » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:28 pm

chipchipperson wrote:
Bobalob wrote:
chipchipperson wrote:Far too much. Kyrie is 1 dimensional and doesn't fit with their rebuild timeline either.

Seems I'm higher on bender than you guys. Think he has more potential than both Chriss and Jackson, personally.
Anyway, the real problem is that it would be at best a lateral move, particularly when Phoenix has gone all in on rebuilding. Kyrie has 2 years left on his deal, at which point (should your proposal happen) he leaves Phoenix because, as you said, they're not signing a marquee free agent in the midst of a rebuild, even if he's already on their team(especially with the way the league is now where even 3rd tier stars like Gordon Hayward leave their squad for ever-so-slightly greener pastures).
Chandler has tons of "veteran presence" value and Bledsoe is essentially a poor man's Irving. Why give up the potential of bender and a future 1st when getting Irving doesn't move the needle at all?
People seem to forget that Kyrie plays next to no defense and has proven he can't even lead a team to the playoffs in a horribly weak east as the #1 option. This move would serve no purpose for either Irving or the Suns.
Lastly, trading for Kyrie would stunt devin booker's development greatly. He has the talent to lead this team, he simply needs to grow into it. Kyrie taking over the team for the next two years does irreparable damage to the budding star already on their roster (whom they have contractual control over).
My point being, the Suns should only trade for Irving if he falls into their lap. Anything else would have a net negative impact on their rebuild.

There goes that P word again. 'Potential'

Well my sources tell me they are concerned Bender could be a bust

Bledose is not in Kyrie's league, so that comparison is irrelevant.

You'd also capitalize on Kyrie being one of the 'in' guys in the league, and one thing that all these trades and super teams have in common is the small circle of olympic friends and all stars that attract their peers. So thats a completely unseen but HUGE value in trading for Kyrie. You elevate the brand of your entire franchise.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:45 pm

#iamavailablecavs
gmehl1977
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#9 » by gmehl1977 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:49 pm

Bobalob wrote:
chipchipperson wrote:
Bobalob wrote:

There goes that P word again. 'Potential'

Well my sources tell me they are concerned Bender could be a bust

Bledose is not in Kyrie's league, so that comparison is irrelevant.

You'd also capitalize on Kyrie being one of the 'in' guys in the league, and one thing that all these trades and super teams have in common is the small circle of olympic friends and all stars that attract their peers. So thats a completely unseen but HUGE value in trading for Kyrie. You elevate the brand of your entire franchise.

There goes that S word again… 'Sources' :crazy:
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#10 » by haste10176 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:51 pm

Suns take this in a second but cavs nah I do not think so... Boston has the best potential trade scenario

Three way trade

1) Boston get Kyrie Irving
2) Knicks get 1 year contracts of some of Boston player Marcus smart etc might have to take on Frye or something as well...
3) Cavs get Isiah Thomas, Melo and Brooklyn Pick
Bobalob
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by Bobalob » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:00 am

haste10176 wrote:

Suns take this in a second but cavs nah I do not think so... Boston has the best potential trade scenario

Three way trade

2) Knicks get 1 year contracts of some of Boston player Marcus smart etc might have to take on Frye or something as well...

If they weren't rivals that trade would be perfect. But they are so I see no way hey trade with each other. There's probably no precedent for it either. 2 head on rivals trading their best players
bespectacled19
Junior
And1: 289

Post#12 » by bespectacled19 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:23 am

Bobalob wrote:
haste10176 wrote:

Three way trade

If they weren't rivals that trade would be perfect. But they are so I see no way hey trade with each other. There's probably no precedent for it either. 2 head on rivals trading their best players

Ky >>>> IT. if they trade with Boston, it should be Ky for IT + Jalen + picks. but no, Cavs won't trade with Boston. I guess Ky will be shipped to the West. best guess would be Pelicans, Suns or Nuggets.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Re: Eric Bledsoe Loves Phoenix But 'Wants To Win' 

Post#13 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:01 am

Too bad the Suns doesn't have another good vet, otherwise, Bledsoe + vet for Kyrie makes a lot of sense. Third team?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Bobalob
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by Bobalob » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:36 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Too bad the Suns doesn't have another good vet, otherwise, Bledsoe + vet for Kyrie makes a lot of sense. Third team?

They do have another vet. Tyson Chandler and he'd be a huge piece. Plus 1 of the youngsters and there you have a deal.
FMX
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#15 » by FMX » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:01 pm

Teams will never learn. You can't win with guys like Bledsoe, Kemba Walker, Damian Lillard etc as your best player.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#16 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:03 am

Bobalob wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Too bad the Suns doesn't have another good vet, otherwise, Bledsoe + vet for Kyrie makes a lot of sense. Third team?

They do have another vet. Tyson Chandler and he'd be a huge piece. Plus 1 of the youngsters and there you have a deal.

If he's bit younger then yeah. A better one would be easier to get it done.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion