Derrick Rose To Work Out With LeBron James, Eric Bledsoe In Las Vegas

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Derrick Rose To Work Out With LeBron James, Eric Bledsoe In Las Vegas 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm

Derrick Rose has been invited by LeBron James for workouts in Las Vegas this week.

James has spent the past few days vacationing and working out in Las Vegas.

Rose agreed to a one-year deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers this week.

Eric Bledsoe is also working out with James in Las Vegas. Bledsoe has been linked to the Cavaliers in Kyrie Irving trade talks.

Via Chris Haynes/ESPN

Clippers4Life
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: Derrick Rose To Work Out With LeBron James, Eric Bledsoe In Las Vegas 

Post#2 » by Clippers4Life » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:44 pm

LBJ already working on that CLE - PHO trade. PHO is focused on player development not "winning now", as Bledsoe stated recently in a interview. Bledsoe and another star in a 3-team trade is CLE best bet at winning a title this year and retaining the best player on the planet.

Bledsoe would be a perfect fit for a Lebron James team (maybe even better than Irving), he has some amazing athleticism, great passing and shot creating skills, floor general abilities, hes got great touch around the rim like Kyrie and can really hit some shots when he gets going. He's underrated and I remember how sad us Clippers fans were to let him go 4 years ago.

Hope CLE gets better soon. I like the D Rose and Jeff Green pick ups though.
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#3 » by CoachD » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 pm

If the Cavs add Bledsoe + Rose + Green and remove Kyrie and Shump ... They aren't going to make it back to the ECF.

Go ahead and screenshot me and throw it in my face in June 2018
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#4 » by dan-man » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:57 pm

CoachD wrote:If the Cavs add Bledsoe + Rose + Green and remove Kyrie and Shump ... They aren't going to make it back to the ECF.

Yeah - no idea what they will do w/out Shumps awful shooting and resulting loss of spacing for his teammates as the opposing defenders cheat.
RajonRambo
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#5 » by RajonRambo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Clippers4Life wrote:
Bledsoe would be a perfect fit for a Lebron James team (maybe even better than Irving), he has some amazing athleticism, great passing and shot creating skills, floor general abilities, hes got great touch around the rim like Kyrie and can really hit some shots when he gets going. He's underrated and I remember how sad us Clippers fans were to let him go 4 years ago.

Yeah, agree....when he's on the court. If he can stay healthy he'll be good. Really though, Jeff Green? :crazy: The only way Green looks like a good move this season is if 'the ghost of Kyle Korver' actually gets PT. bwahaha
eddie jerel
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#6 » by eddie jerel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:15 am

dan-man wrote:
CoachD wrote:If the Cavs add Bledsoe + Rose + Green and remove Kyrie and Shump ... They aren't going to make it back to the ECF.

Yeah - no idea what they will do w/out Shumps awful shooting and resulting loss of spacing for his teammates as the opposing defenders cheat.

Irving+Shump= 28pts per. Bledsoe,Rose,Green= 40+ per. Then whoever else Cavs get back adds more. I wasn't a Math Major,but no Irving means more pts and Green plays D. So while losing Irving will be bad it won't hurt the Cavs O and should help D. Maybe they don't win the Finals,but they do win the EC unless LBJ gets hurt
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#7 » by luss54321 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:26 am

eddie jerel wrote:
dan-man wrote:

Irving+Shump= 28pts per. Bledsoe,Rose,Green= 40+ per. Then whoever else Cavs get back adds more. I wasn't a Math Major,but no Irving means more pts and Green plays D. So while losing Irving will be bad it won't hurt the Cavs O and should help D. Maybe they don't win the Finals,but they do win the EC unless LBJ gets hurt

That's not how it works....
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#8 » by haste10176 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:31 am

Thats a lot of things that have to happen.. Why are they getting rid of Shump and Kyrie for what Bledsoe?? I am sorry your not making sense... No matter what is around LBJ he at a minimum is going to the ECF screen shot me on that... I do not need any caveats either.. Whatever happens with Kyrie LBJ will be back in the ECF...
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#9 » by johnnyballgame » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:10 am

RajonRambo wrote:
Clippers4Life wrote:

Yeah, agree....when he's on the court. If he can stay healthy he'll be good. Really though, Jeff Green? :crazy: The only way Green looks like a good move this season is if 'the ghost of Kyle Korver' actually gets PT. bwahaha

Green and Rose clearly aren't studs. No one is arguing they are. However if you watched ANY Cavaliers games you'd understand just how bad the teams bench was at scoring the ball. When LeBron sat for three minutes or worse yet, missed the entire game, the offense lacked ball movement and they almost always lost. Because they made the finals people seem to forget just how bad the Cavs were from late February til the end of the season. You can say it doesn't matter or they were coasting or whatever excuse you want. 11-15 is a damn embarrassment for the highest payroll in league history.
One thing Green and Rose can both do is score. If you didn't watch the Cavs though you wouldn't understand just how big of an offensive improvement off the bench they will be and at minimum deals.. what's to lose if they somehow weren't. I'm not saying these guys are Durant and Jordan... I'm saying the Cavs bench was really, really bad last season.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
Warchant
Analyst
And1: 1,265

Post#10 » by Warchant » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:32 am

johnnyballgame wrote:
RajonRambo wrote:
Clippers4Life wrote:

Green and Rose clearly aren't studs. No one is arguing they are. However if you watched ANY Cavaliers games you'd understand just how bad the teams bench was at scoring the ball. When LeBron sat for three minutes or worse yet, missed the entire game, the offense lacked ball movement and they almost always lost. Because they made the finals people seem to forget just how bad the Cavs were from late February til the end of the season. You can say it doesn't matter or they were coasting or whatever excuse you want. 11-15 is a damn embarrassment for the highest payroll in league history.
One thing Green and Rose can both do is score. If you didn't watch the Cavs though you wouldn't understand just how big of an offensive improvement off the bench they will be and at minimum deals.. what's to lose if they somehow weren't. I'm not saying these guys are Durant and Jordan... I'm saying the Cavs bench was really, really bad last season.

Where are people getting this idea Rose and Green can score? Rose cant shoot and is coming off another knee injury...Green is a bum all the way around and Bledsoe isnt bad but his %s are very weak....43% FGs and 33% on 3s
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#11 » by Elnegron » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:28 am

A better trade fit for cavs would be Dragic and Ellington for irving and shumoert. Throw in winslow as their future young player. Dragic is better than Bledsoe and rose. 20 6 4 47% fg 40% 3pt.
foreigngrammar
Pro Prospect
And1: 470

Post#12 » by foreigngrammar » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:25 am

eddie jerel wrote:
dan-man wrote:

Stop making yourself ridicilous :lol:
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,189

Re: RE: Re: Derrick Rose To Work Out With LeBron James, Eric Bledsoe In Las Vegas 

Post#13 » by cedric76 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:54 am

foreigngrammar wrote:
eddie jerel wrote:
dan-man wrote:

Stop making yourself ridicilous :lol:

When was last time you watch green play? Same for d rose
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
NBAMMA
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#14 » by NBAMMA » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:19 pm

They will definitely make it to the ECF as only Boston has an outside chance of winning the East. Boston will likely be 1 or 2 seed so they won't meet until the ECF. I don't know how you can make this analysis. Even if they trade Kyrie and get Green and Bledsoe they still probably will win vs Boston.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#15 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:56 pm

Boston is gonna rely on some youngsters, whether they can beat LBJ depends on how they develop next season.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
johnnyballgame
Senior

Post#16 » by johnnyballgame » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:22 pm

Warchant wrote:Where are people getting this idea Rose and Green can score? Rose cant shoot and is coming off another knee injury...Green is a bum all the way around and Bledsoe isnt bad but his %s are very weak....43% FGs and 33% on 3s

You're right. It would be ridiculous to think Rose, who averaged 18 a game last year and has never averaged under 16 a game in his career, can score. He doesn't have Curry's shot so he can't score, right? Maybe they miscalculated his points. Green, who is declining, has never been under 10 a game. Why exactly do you think he's been on an NBA roster so long? Please explain. Is he just fun to have around?

Both players strengths are putting the ball in the basket. Neither has ever been known for defense. And by the way, both players will probably get better efficiency wise playing with LeBron, who will not only draw attention but can pass the ball as good as anyone who's ever played the game. Love's is a pretty decent outlet man too. Although they're probably not as good as anyone Green played with on that awesome Orlando team last year.

Clearly, you can't read, as you're breaking down guys I said we're bench players signed to can't lose veteran MINIMUM deals like someone said they were All-stars or like the Cavs chances of even making the playoffs depend on them. Rose will be the sixth, seventh or eighth man. Green may be the eighth through tenth guy off the bench. I'd like to know how many NBA teams you believe have 100% complete players in those spots.

But you are soo smart and you are completely correct when you say these guys have holes in their game. Thanks for pointing it out because I don't think anyone noticed. Especially not Cavs fans. We are all hoping and praying Rose is the best PG on our roster come the finals.

I don't even like your Bledsoe numbers. 15-16 he was 45% and 37% while Kyrie was 44% and 32%. One. Player benefitted from playing with superstars drawing attention away while the other played with the ghost of Tyson Chandler and who?? IF the Cavs were to acquire Bledsoe I'd absolutely think his efficiency goes up. Bledsoe also plays better defense than Kyrie. Not that he solves the Cavs woes there, but the Cavs need all the help they can get on that end. Now, before you get ridiculous again.. I'm not saying anyone's better than Kyrie. But its a team sport and there are factors besides ones offensive ability that determine a teams success.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
Warchant
Analyst

Post#17 » by Warchant » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:53 pm

johnnyballgame wrote:
Warchant wrote:Where are people getting this idea Rose and Green can score? Rose cant shoot and is coming off another knee injury...Green is a bum all the way around and Bledsoe isnt bad but his %s are very weak....43% FGs and 33% on 3s

You're right. It would be ridiculous to think Rose, who averaged 18 a game last year and has never averaged under 16 a game in his career, can score. He doesn't have Curry's shot so he can't score, right? Maybe they miscalculated his points. Green, who is declining, has never been under 10 a game. Why exactly do you think he's been on an NBA roster so long? Please explain. Is he just fun to have around?

Both players strengths are putting the ball in the basket. Neither has ever been known for defense. And by the way, both players will probably get better efficiency wise playing with LeBron, who will not only draw attention but can pass the ball as good as anyone who's ever played the game. Love's is a pretty decent outlet man too. Although they're probably not as good as anyone Green played with on that awesome Orlando team last year.

Clearly, you can't read, as you're breaking down guys I said we're bench players signed to can't lose veteran MINIMUM deals like someone said they were All-stars or like the Cavs chances of even making the playoffs depend on them. Rose will be the sixth, seventh or eighth man. Green may be the eighth through tenth guy off the bench. I'd like to know how many NBA teams you believe have 100% complete players in those spots.

But you are soo smart and you are completely correct when you say these guys have holes in their game. Thanks for pointing it out because I don't think anyone noticed. Especially not Cavs fans. We are all hoping and praying Rose is the best PG on our roster come the finals.

I don't even like your Bledsoe numbers. 15-16 he was 45% and 37% while Kyrie was 44% and 32%. One. Player benefitted from playing with superstars drawing attention away while the other played with the ghost of Tyson Chandler and who?? IF the Cavs were to acquire Bledsoe I'd absolutely think his efficiency goes up. Bledsoe also plays better defense than Kyrie. Not that he solves the Cavs woes there, but the Cavs need all the help they can get on that end. Now, before you get ridiculous again.. I'm not saying anyone's better than Kyrie. But its a team sport and there are factors besides ones offensive ability that determine a teams success.

We heard the same nonsense w D Will....Rose is a volume shooter so of course he will score some pts...that dosnt mean hes efficient....Green is another D. Williams type guy that will play some during RS but barely sees the floor in a meaningful playoff game
johnnyballgame
Senior

Post#18 » by johnnyballgame » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:36 am

Warchant wrote:
johnnyballgame wrote:

I don't even like your Bledsoe numbers. 15-16 he was 45% and 37% while Kyrie was 44% and 32%. One. Player benefitted from playing with superstars drawing attention away while the other played with the ghost of Tyson Chandler and who?? IF the; Cavs were to acquire Bledsoe I'd absolutely think his efficiency goes up. Bledsoe also plays better defense than Kyrie. Not that he solves the Cavs woes there, but the Cavs need all the help they can get on that end. Now, before you get ridiculous again.. I'm not saying anyone's better than Kyrie. But its a team sport and there are factors besides ones offensive ability that determine a teams success.

We heard the same nonsense w D Will....Rose is a volume shooter so of course he will score some pts...that dosnt mean hes efficient....Green is another D. Williams type guy that will play some during RS but barely sees the floor in a meaningful playoff game

I must have missed the part where someone said he's awesome, will get the Cavs past the Warriors or declared him top player in the league offensively. I'm not even sure what you're saying though as you previously implied he couldn't score but now say of course he can score and you're still judging him like he's more than a minimum signing bench player. Once again, how many teams have better players as the seventh or eight guy on their roster?
Warchant
Analyst

Post#19 » by Warchant » Tue Aug 1, 2017 9:40 pm

johnnyballgame wrote:
Warchant wrote:
johnnyballgame wrote:

I don't even like your Bledsoe numbers. 15-16 he was 45% and 37% while Kyrie was 44% and 32%. One. Player benefitted from playing with superstars drawing attention away while the other played with the ghost of Tyson Chandler and who?? IF the; Cavs were to acquire Bledsoe I'd absolutely think his efficiency goes up. Bledsoe also plays better defense than Kyrie. Not that he solves the Cavs woes there, but the Cavs need all the help they can get on that end. Now, before you get ridiculous again.. I'm not saying anyone's better than Kyrie. But its a team sport and there are factors besides ones offensive ability that determine a teams success.

I must have missed the part where someone said he's awesome, will get the Cavs past the Warriors or declared him top player in the league offensively. I'm not even sure what you're saying though as you previously implied he couldn't score but now say of course he can score and you're still judging him like he's more than a minimum signing bench player. Once again, how many teams have better players as the seventh or eight guy on their roster?

Do u think Rose is better than JR Smith, Thompson and Shumpert?
johnnyballgame
Senior

Post#20 » by johnnyballgame » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:36 am

Warchant wrote:
johnnyballgame wrote:
Warchant wrote:We heard the same nonsense w D Will....Rose is a volume shooter so of course he will score some pts...that dosnt mean hes efficient....Green is another D. Williams type guy that will play some during RS but barely sees the floor in a meaningful playoff game

Do u think Rose is better than JR Smith, Thompson and Shumpert?

Dude, is comprehension a problem for you? If I said Rose is coming off the bench at the minimum salary as the seventh or eight guy how do you get any inkling that I think he's better than two starters?
But offensively, Rose is far better than Thompson and Shumpert. Far. As I stated and was painfully obvious to anyone who watched the Cavs, when LeBron sat they couldn't score. Adding Rose and Green absolutely helps with that. No one said they are complete two way players. But they absolutely give Lue some options with a better offensive output than the Cavs previously had. Is that at the expense of defense, yes. But there are five players on the court. Lue will have to mix and match something that can work together, but again, last years roster beyond LeBron, with opponents able to slow Kyrie and Kyrie not able to spread the ball and involve others was no offense and no defense. And once again... these guys are signed for the minimum. Its a great signing because worst case you lost the minimum. Same risk as José Calderon but far more potential.

But keep arguing Rose isn't Russell Westbrook. You're right. Who said he was great?

Return to Wiretap Discussion