Re: Charles Oakley Accepts One-Year Ban From MSG

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Charles Oakley Accepts One-Year Ban From MSG 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:50 pm

Charles Oakley has accepted a one-year ban from Madison Square Garden in exchange for the dismissal of misdemeanor charges against him.

Oakley was arrested after a run-in with MSG security on Feb. 8 and charged with two misdemeanor counts of assault, one misdemeanor count of aggravated harassment and one misdemeanor count of trespassing. 

Oakley declined comment when asked about the trespassing condition, but he said in court that he had "no plans to go" to Madison Square Garden when the condition was announced by the judge.

Oakley could pursue a civil suit against James Dolan.

Via Ian Begley/ESPN

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Aug 5, 2017 6:40 am

I suppose the misdemeanor charges came from incidents that happened after they went mad and did bad things to him?

If so, hope he wins the civil suit.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#3 » by Bball0000 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 11:50 am

Worse owner than Donald Sterling. Rest of the NBA owners should force him out like they did Sterling.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#4 » by IAMZOOTED » Sat Aug 5, 2017 8:18 pm

Bball0000 wrote:Worse owner than Donald Sterling. Rest of the NBA owners should force him out like they did Sterling.

Being a bad owner isn't a reason to force him out, Sterling didn't get forced out because he was a bad owner.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Re: RE: Re: Charles Oakley Accepts One-Year Ban From MSG 

Post#5 » by cedric76 » Sun Aug 6, 2017 3:25 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:
Bball0000 wrote:Worse owner than Donald Sterling. Rest of the NBA owners should force him out like they did Sterling.

Being a bad owner isn't a reason to force him out, Sterling didn't get forced out because he was a bad owner.

Sterling got forced out because of double standards and bs politically correctness
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#6 » by Bball0000 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:00 am

IAMZOOTED wrote:

Fans should force him out then, but they never will.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Re: Charles Oakley Accepts One-Year Ban From MSG 

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Really would like to know what happens in a year
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion