Steve Kerr Expects To Coach 'For Many Years To Come'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Steve Kerr Expects To Coach 'For Many Years To Come' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Steve Kerr missed several weeks of the 2017 playoffs due to complications from his 2015 back surgery.

“It’s all right, it’s all right,” Kerr said. “I’d love to say that I’m all better, but not the case. I’m feeling better, having a good summer, relaxing. But it’s just been an ongoing thing now for two years.”

Kerr also missed the first part of the 15-16 regular season.

“I fully expect to coach all year,” Kerr said. “That’s my expectation. And for many years to come.”

Kerr suffers from headaches in addition to the frequent discomfort in his back and neck.

Via Scott Ostler/San Francisco Chronicle

broseph13
Senior
And1: 170

Re: Steve Kerr Expects To Coach 'For Many Years To Come' 

Post#2 » by broseph13 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:23 am

Serious Question: Is Kerr even a good coach? I probably could have coached the Warriors to both championships as well...
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#3 » by dan-man » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:03 am

Serious Question:
broseph13 wrote:Serious Question: Is Kerr even a good coach? I probably could have coached the Warriors to both championships as well...

Serious Response: Thats like asking if Phil Jackson was a good coach. You could have coached Jordan and Pippen to 6 rings. Right? No.... wrong son.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#4 » by hyberx » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:21 am

broseph13 wrote:Serious Question: Is Kerr even a good coach? I probably could have coached the Warriors to both championships as well...

Mark Jackson could not coach the same Ws team to their first ring. You wouldnt have coached them out of the 30th seed.
couchie
Pro Prospect
And1: 495

Post#5 » by couchie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:01 am

I saw a recent picture of Steve and he looked fantastic. Sometimes when he is on the bench I can see the discomfort in his face. I think the lights and noise of roaracle must be difficult.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#6 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:10 pm

dan-man wrote:Serious Question:

Serious Response: Thats like asking if Phil Jackson was a good coach. You could have coached Jordan and Pippen to 6 rings. Right? No.... wrong son.

Mark Jackson didn't encourage ball movement.

They played better under Luke Walton.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.

Return to Wiretap Discussion