Re: Nerlens Noel Hires Rich Paul As Agent

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Nerlens Noel Hires Rich Paul As Agent 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 pm

Nerlens Noel has hired Rich Paul of Klutch Sports for his representation.

Noel is in the middle of a drawn out restricted free agency with the Dallas Mavericks. Klutch Sports has worked with a number of clients on lengthy restricted free agency periods such as Eric Bledsoe and Tristan Thompson.

Noel was traded by the Philadelphia 76ers to the Mavericks at the deadline.

Via Michael Scotto/Basketball Insiders

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,717

Post#2 » by the_process » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:48 am

So Noel went from Andy Miller to Dan Fegan to Rich Paul in 6 months. Damn.

And if Fegan couldn't get his boy Cuban to pay Noel, there's less of a chance Paul gets him paid. It's not like Dallas gave up anything to get him. Nothing invested, nothing lost. Look for Noel to take his QO.

EDIT: So apparently even though it was reported at that time that Noel was signing with Dan Fegan, he really signed with some guy named Happy Walters? No wonder he hasn't gotten paid yet. Rich Paul will clear that situation up right away. 4-80 with a TO in year 4 seems about where a Cuban-Paul negotiation would end up.
gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Post#3 » by gold0259 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:26 am

Not going to happen... 80 mill, no way. All these players got played last year..Cubans not going to give a contract like that out...he's not even going to get 64 million, Like mahimi and dieng. His position is obsolete to make that much money in the league today period
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#4 » by dan-man » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:18 am

I guess this 3rd agent is supposed to convince Cuban that he should pay big for an unproven guy with zero market competition?
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#5 » by MitchB3 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:59 am

So let me get this straight Mark won't pay him but would rather continue signing Dirk?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Re: Nerlens Noel Hires Rich Paul As Agent 

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:12 am

Poor dude.

I could totally see the Nets giving him a big offer sheet if they didn't draft Jarrett Allen

Now the cap room around the league has dried up.

Is he looking at what Rich Paul got KCP from the Lakers?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
HeatRing2012
Bench Warmer
And1: 291

Post#7 » by HeatRing2012 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:09 am

MitchB3 wrote:So let me get this straight Mark won't pay him but would rather continue signing Dirk?

let me get this straight, Noel wants a max deal and Cuban wont pay an injury prone bench player that amount of money? while he is paying Dirk (averaging 14/6/2) $5m per year ?

what is this ?
chipchipperson
Junior
And1: 80

Post#8 » by chipchipperson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:13 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Poor dude.

I could totally see the Nets giving him a big offer sheet if they didn't draft Jarrett Allen

I was hoping they took a shot at him anyway but I think Sean marks is just about done trying his hand at stealing away rfa's.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#9 » by 12footrim » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:12 pm

HeatRing2012 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:So let me get this straight Mark won't pay him but would rather continue signing Dirk?

let me get this straight, Noel wants a max deal and Cuban wont pay an injury prone bench player that amount of money? while he is paying Dirk (averaging 14/6/2) $5m per year ?

what is this ?

Dirk is a freaking bargain at twice that much, much less 5 million. He's been taking less for years. They probably have some arrangement worked out probably for after his basketball career.

As far a Rich Paul and getting guys like Tristan Thompson and JR Smith money late, it's apples and oranges when you have the leverage of a team spending ungodly money, and in the finals, trying to appease Lebron to stay while he's holding them over a barrel and saying pay my teammates.

Noel has very little leverage, no market, and it's not like Dallas gave up much of anything to even get him so they could let him walk if they wanted. They got him for Justin Anderson and a second rounder and Bogut's dead money. Really that was his value which I would point out when he was demanding money.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
GWVan
Analyst
And1: 2,549

Post#10 » by GWVan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:13 pm

I wonder where overseas he will end up?
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#11 » by TMU » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Dumb and dumber
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#12 » by Sam195 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:20 am

TMU wrote:Dumb and dumber

Is he worth Kelly Olynk money - 4 years 50M, I think you add another 20M so 4 years 70M what Kanter makes in okc or Valanciunas makes in Toronto. Dallas also has no state income tax.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#13 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:57 am

chipchipperson wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Poor dude.

I was hoping they took a shot at him anyway but I think Sean marks is just about done trying his hand at stealing away rfa's.

They are too similar. Allen would be way more cost-effective if he contributes soon. He's got big upside, super athletic, long, does have a shooting touch
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion