Celtics Seeking Addition Of Jaylen Brown Or Jayson Tatum To Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Celtics Seeking Addition Of Jaylen Brown Or Jayson Tatum To Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:17 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers are attempting to have the Boston Celtics add either Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum to the Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and Brooklyn's 2018 first round pick.

After the Cavaliers examined Thomas, they began seeking an amended trade price for Irving. Thomas suffered a hip injury in May and may not be ready for the start of the season.

“Now, Cleveland is going to try to inquire about a couple of the Celtics’ young players, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, who they tried to get in the original trade, that is very unlikely,” Adrian Wojnarowski said. “But Boston still has a war chest of future first-round picks of their own, and some picks they control from other teams, and Cleveland is going to try to get one more of those to finalize this deal.” 

Wojnarowski added the Celtics will resist improving their offer for Irving.

“Boston is resisting, and are going to initially at least, resist this idea,” Wojnarowski said. “Boston believes that it was completely transparent with Cleveland about where Thomas was physically, his rehab. Cleveland’s version of this is that they didn’t realize how long Thomas could potentially be out this season. He’s in the final year of his contract, and obviously, that matches up with what will likely be the final year of LeBron’s current deal, and so there’s going to be a showdown here between these two teams that may last a couple more days.”

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN (via NESN)

hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Re: Celtics Seeking Addition Of Jaylen Brown Or Jayson Tatum To Trade 

Post#2 » by hyberx » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Hell no.
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#3 » by BigTex » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:13 pm

Boston already overpaid. Tell them to go pound sand and undo the deal.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:25 pm

~lol~ Ainge having too much asset coming back to haunt him, everyone wants a bigger piece of it, even after agreeing to trade. Midas touch!
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#5 » by totalrekall » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:35 pm

the Cavs look like fools. they didnt get what they wanted in the first place so by some insane logic they thought they could modify the deal even more in their favor after the physical. thats not how trades are done. you either stick to the deal in place or void it altogether based on what you see w/ the physical. I'm sure they dont care but they're losing all respect w/ the other NBA franchises w/ this weak tactic. good luck getting value for Kyrie now. if they do void it every team is going to be low balling them. they wont get anything close to this offer again.

the whole reason the Celtics added the Nets pick AND Crowder was bc IT has a hip injury. so if his hip is worse than you thought you void the deal. you dont say, you know what, now we want even more to compensate for his injury. as it was the Celtics were cutting a huge amount of salary tax for the Cavs. what a bunch of clowns
FMX
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#6 » by FMX » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:47 pm

You can't bring those players back. There are going to be disgruntled and that can cause problems. They need to go ahead and bite the bullet and do something. They are in a bad situation.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#7 » by Donnyxc » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:54 pm

Are they trying to trade us LeBron or Kyrie?
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,556

Post#8 » by Alatan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:07 pm

It all depend on how much can IT play. If he cant play for the majority of the season. Its basically KI for Crowder and a high 1st. Suns could offer Bledsoe and a high 1st plus maybe something more.
Apocalypse23x
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#9 » by Apocalypse23x » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:52 pm

FMX wrote:You can't bring those players back. There are going to be disgruntled and that can cause problems. They need to go ahead and bite the bullet and do something. They are in a bad situation.

you dont trade away your future just to make a player happy who you never planned to keep anyway. the celtics were not playing for the ring this season so why would they give away the future to make thomas happy? if he turns into a cancer (he wont the dude playing for his big pay day) you can just cut him as you were going to let him walk anyway
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#10 » by Sam195 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 pm

If I'm Kyrie's agent I say that he no longer wants to waive his 15% trade kicker - than the deal can be expanded say cavs add channing frye with Irving's escalated salary while taking back celtics newly acquired marcus morris. I think Cavs further save on the luxury tax and Kyrie gets paid more while Boston does not have to deal with a veto.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#11 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:24 pm

Interesting whose idea it is, the new guy, the owner or GMes?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
parapooper
Sixth Man
And1: 912

Post#12 » by parapooper » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:36 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Interesting whose idea it is, the new guy, the owner or GMes?

It's that lowlife Wojinowihisudgs8gf7s*)$$ki's idea.
The Cavs have done absolutely nothing out of the ordinary (so far at least).
They had IT and Crowder over for physicals as required by NBA rules and there is zero evidence that they have made any comments or demands beyond the trade whatsoever
Yin Porzingod
Sophomore
And1: 151

Post#13 » by Yin Porzingod » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Doubt Boston would trade them aswell. I think the Cavs will probably void the trade now.
"We literally just picked Bargnani 2.0" Im Coming Home on Kristaps being drafted number #4
"We drafted Steve Novak" ~ NoLayupRule :crazy:

:beer:
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,736

Post#14 » by the_process » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:04 am

Danny really shouldn't have outsmarted himself and just taken Fultz, and hoped that Hayward still signed anyway. You can tell me he valued Tatum more, and maybe that's true... but he really wanted Jackson, not Tatum, and had to settle. So it's hard to say how exactly Ainge had the players ranked. Could've been Jackson, Ball, Fultz, Tatum; and he once he traded out of 1 the latter two were not happening, and then Jackson screwed him.

Anyway, since we got this far... just have Boston take back the BKN pick, add Brown, and eat Frye instead.

Brown, IT, Crowder, and Zizic for Kyrie and Frye. Pretty sure that works.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#15 » by truwizfan4evr » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:12 am

BigTex wrote:Boston already overpaid. Tell them to go pound sand and undo the deal.

I really hope the trade is voided. I want both teams to have chemistry issues while wizards take advantage of them. :D
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
Warchant
Analyst
And1: 1,265

Post#16 » by Warchant » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:55 am

the_process wrote:Danny really shouldn't have outsmarted himself and just taken Fultz, and hoped that Hayward still signed anyway. You can tell me he valued Tatum more, and maybe that's true... but he really wanted Jackson, not Tatum, and had to settle. So it's hard to say how exactly Ainge had the players ranked. Could've been Jackson, Ball, Fultz, Tatum; and he once he traded out of 1 the latter two were not happening, and then Jackson screwed him.

Anyway, since we got this far... just have Boston take back the BKN pick, add Brown, and eat Frye instead.

He had Jackson higher but took Tatum at #3 and Jackson went #4 lol
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#17 » by haste10176 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:11 am

Apocalypse23x wrote:
FMX wrote:You can't bring those players back. There are going to be disgruntled and that can cause problems. They need to go ahead and bite the bullet and do something. They are in a bad situation.

you dont trade away your future just to make a player happy who you never planned to keep anyway. the celtics were not playing for the ring this season so why would they give away the future to make thomas happy? if he turns into a cancer (he wont the dude playing for his big pay day) you can just cut him as you were going to let him walk anyway

Who is bostons starting point gaurd if this trade does not go through and IT can not take the floor?
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#18 » by haste10176 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:12 am

Alatan wrote:It all depend on how much can IT play. If he cant play for the majority of the season. Its basically KI for Crowder and a high 1st. Suns could offer Bledsoe and a high 1st plus maybe something more.

Thats exactly right in which case you void the deal.. Suns could offer next year first plus Miami's first and Bledsoe... Thats a better deal .
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,736

Post#19 » by the_process » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:17 am

Warchant wrote:
the_process wrote:Danny really shouldn't have outsmarted himself and just taken Fultz, and hoped that Hayward still signed anyway. You can tell me he valued Tatum more, and maybe that's true... but he really wanted Jackson, not Tatum, and had to settle. So it's hard to say how exactly Ainge had the players ranked. Could've been Jackson, Ball, Fultz, Tatum; and he once he traded out of 1 the latter two were not happening, and then Jackson screwed him.

He had Jackson higher but took Tatum at #3 and Jackson went #4 lol

Did you somehow miss the whole Danny on a plane to go workout Josh Jackson, then Jackson calling him right before his landing and cancelling on him?
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#20 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:22 am

I don't think that's gonna happen. :lol:

Return to Wiretap Discussion