Jabari Parker Was Briefly Discussed In Knicks-Rockets Trade Talks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jabari Parker Was Briefly Discussed In Knicks-Rockets Trade Talks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Sep 5, 2017 5:35 pm

The Milwaukee Bucks emerged as a potential third team in discussions centered on a trade of Carmelo Anthony from the New York Knicks to the Houston Rockets.

The name of Jabari Parker came up in those preliminary talks. It is unclear whether the Knicks or Bucks broached the idea of Parker in a package that includes a larger contract such as John Henson or Greg Monroe.

Parker is eligible for a contract extension and could become a restricted free agent in 2018. Parker is recovering from another torn ACL.

The Knicks remain committed to acquiring a combination of young player, draft pick or expiring contract in exchange for Anthony.

Via Ian Begley/ESPN

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Jabari Parker Was Briefly Discussed In Knicks-Rockets Trade Talks 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Sep 5, 2017 6:29 pm

Poor Jabari, poor Bucks,
poor Dolan, poor Knicks.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,030

Post#3 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 5, 2017 6:42 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Poor Jabari, poor Bucks,
poor Dolan, poor Knicks.

Lets not forget, poor anyone who's stupid enough to pay Ryan Anderson 21 mil for each of the next 3 seasons.
Knickstape7
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#4 » by Knickstape7 » Tue Sep 5, 2017 6:59 pm

ill gladly takr ryan anderson and monroes contract if it includes also taking jabari and losing melo
daoneandonly wrote:
poor Dolan, poor Knicks.

Lets not forget, poor anyone who's stupid enough to pay Ryan Anderson 21 mil for each of the next 3 seasons.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,030

Post#5 » by daoneandonly » Tue Sep 5, 2017 7:06 pm

Knickstape7 wrote:ill gladly takr ryan anderson and monroes contract if it includes also taking jabari and losing melo
daoneandonly wrote:
poor Dolan, poor Knicks.

What would Mil get out of this? They lose Jabari and a decent big who's expiring?
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#6 » by hyberx » Tue Sep 5, 2017 8:26 pm

That discussion must be as brief as this article.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,663

Post#7 » by nedleeds » Tue Sep 5, 2017 8:52 pm

Parker would have had to have been going to whatever team had to swallow Andersons deal. Maybe the Bucks get a two way SG like Lee and a young asset from Houston? Knicks eat Anderson? Monroe was actually good for them last year.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Sep 5, 2017 10:50 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
poor Dolan, poor Knicks.

A little bit, but it's not nearly as bad as the other two
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#9 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Sep 5, 2017 10:51 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Knickstape7 wrote:ill gladly takr ryan anderson and monroes contract if it includes also taking jabari and losing melo
daoneandonly wrote:

What would Mil get out of this? They lose Jabari and a decent big who's expiring?

Unless Parker is surely badly damaged, they'll definitely want substantial return.
Thanks for the honesty.
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#10 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Wed Sep 6, 2017 12:30 am

daoneandonly wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Nyk is already eating melos 23 million per. At least anderson will play an actual role on a team as opposed to becoming a black whole who wins 30 games a year.

Addition by subtraction with melo.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,083

Re: RE: Re: Jabari Parker Was Briefly Discussed In Knicks-Rockets Trade Talks 

Post#11 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 12:58 am

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Nyk is already eating melos 23 million per. At least anderson will play an actual role on a team as opposed to becoming a black whole who wins 30 games a year.

NY is eating Anthony's contract? Really? How's that? Because you really want them to? And to suggest that NY would be better off trading the 2 years left of Anthony's contract for 3 years of Ryan Andersons contract is idiotic and moronic. They'd be better off just buying Anthony's contract out and letting the Rockets sign h8m for the minimum than taking that extra year of Andersons contact and having that $21 million squat like a dead whale on their cap for the summer of 2019.
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,202

Post#12 » by The Lamma » Wed Sep 6, 2017 2:16 am

moocow007 wrote:
Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

NY is eating Anthony's contract? Really? How's that? Because you really want them to? And to suggest that NY would be better off trading the 2 years left of Anthony's contract for 3 years of Ryan Andersons contract is idiotic and moronic. They'd be better off just buying Anthony's contract out and letting the Rockets sign h8m for the minimum than taking that extra year of Andersons contact and having that $21 million squat like a dead whale on their cap for the summer of 2019.

Thank you, Moo. Melo actually stands a chance to be a legitimate weapon in a new environment for a contending team... Despite the knocks on him, the dude can score from anywhere. Anderson on the other hand, is a 3pt shooting role player. He's Steve Novak with 'slightly more intangibles.' Not a bad player to have on your team, until you factor in that horrid salary. At that point, no thank you. If you want Melo, we don't want a crappy contract in return. The other side has to give SOME value.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,766

Post#13 » by HotelVitale » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:23 am

nedleeds wrote:Parker would have had to have been going to whatever team had to swallow Andersons deal. Maybe the Bucks get a two way SG like Lee and a young asset from Houston? Knicks eat Anderson? Monroe was actually good for them last year.

That's not close still. Lee has negligible value--aging low-volume shooter and meh defender who's paid well ($12m+ the next three seasons)--and the Rockets don't have any prospects left to deal. Except maybe Capela and they need him to be their starting C. The Knicks don't have much to work with--Carmelo's just not a prize any more, he's declining and reaching a dangerous age, and he makes a ton of money. Don't see how he's fetching back a good young player under any circumstance.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#14 » by Sam195 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:26 am

daoneandonly wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

they want to unload the bad contracts of John Henson and Greg Monroe. People forget that Giannis extension kicked in and that bucks stretched Larry Sanders contract which had significant money so they are trending towards luxury tax and like small market okc in the Harden days do not want to pay it.
Sam195
Analyst

Post#15 » by Sam195 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:32 am

I think this is a negotiating ploy by Bucks management to push Parker's extension talks into the summer - they are concerned with his foot injury and pair of acl tears and want to see him show he's a star in a prove it season. Parker's agent who also represents Joel Embid just saw Otto "freaking" Porter land 4 years 106M as a rfa and is probably like my two clients even with their injury histories are miles better than him and is seeking similar or slightly less compensation compared to that deal pitching the curry situation. Curry like Jabari and Embid had multiple injuries during his rookie contract but gsw still inked him to an extension 4 years 44M (no opt out) leveraging the situation. Curry went on to break out before year 1 of that deal and finished winning back to back mvps before he became a ufa.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#16 » by Roddy B for 3 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 7:12 am

It seems like the Knicks brought it up "briefly" and Milwaukee shut it down.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,457

Post#17 » by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 6, 2017 1:17 pm

Sam195 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

they want to unload the bad contracts of John Henson and Greg Monroe. People forget that Giannis extension kicked in and that bucks stretched Larry Sanders contract which had significant money so they are trending towards luxury tax and like small market okc in the Harden days do not want to pay it.

With stretching Hawes the other day, they are no longer in the luxury tax and Greg Monroe's big deal is an expiring, which could become more valuable towards the trade deadline. This just seems like one of those badly timed rumors if anything. I can't see them offloading Parker (who they still have hope for) just to get out from under John Henson's deal.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,663

Post#18 » by nedleeds » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:21 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Parker would have had to have been going to whatever team had to swallow Andersons deal. Maybe the Bucks get a two way SG like Lee and a young asset from Houston? Knicks eat Anderson? Monroe was actually good for them last year.

That's not close still. Lee has negligible value--again low-volume shooter and meh defender who's paid well ($12m+ the next three seasons)--and the Rockets don't have any prospects left to deal. Except maybe Capela and they need him to be their starting C. The Knicks don't have much to work with--Carmelo's just not a prize any more, he's declining and reaching a dangerous age, and he makes a ton of money. Don't see how he's fetching back a good young player under any circumstance.

I agree. I'd be thrilled if the Knicks just got back literally nothing or expiring turds. I just don't want him on the books for $29 million in 2018-19. He'll be one of the 5 highest paid players in the NBA. It's insane.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Sam195
Analyst

Post#19 » by Sam195 » Thu Sep 7, 2017 12:58 am

If he was available - cavs would have gotten him included in the bucks offer for kyrie. This kid is still young mixed with the character and work ethic to excel in the nba despite the early injuries. I would bet on him than against him. I think he could win most improved player this season.
Sam195
Analyst

Post#20 » by Sam195 » Thu Sep 7, 2017 5:33 am

If I'm the spurs i would trade Aldridge for a package of Jabari Parker and one of Monroe/Henson. Jabari is such a spur with his humble attitude I could see him go the next level playing for Popovich.

Return to Wiretap Discussion