Heat Interested In Dwyane Wade If He Takes Bench Role

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Heat Interested In Dwyane Wade If He Takes Bench Role 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Sep 8, 2017 3:52 pm

The Miami Heat will have interest in signing Dwyane Wade if he agrees to a bench role at their $4.3 million exception.

Wade and the Chicago Bulls are interested in a buyout to allow him to play for a contender.

Wade was recently asked by David Aldridge about what his preference would be for the coming season.

“First of all, obviously, everyone wants to compete,” Wade said. “It's no secret. We would all love to compete for a championship at the end of my career. That is one thing I would love to do. I'm not in a position right now to do that so I can't talk about what that preference is. Hopefully, one day before I'm done playing this game, I can be back in position to compete for a championship.”

Aldridge asked if it’s fair to say he will report to the Bulls and provide leadership but “in a perfect world” would “be back on another team that can compete?”

The Cleveland Cavaliers also have interest in signing Wade.

Via Barry Jackson/Miami Herald

PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Re: Heat Interested In Dwyane Wade If He Takes Bench Role 

Post#2 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Sep 8, 2017 3:58 pm

In other words: Nah.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#3 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Sep 8, 2017 4:01 pm

Could only see him accepting bench role with GSW, Houston, Boston or Cleveland.
Vince604
Junior
And1: 359

Post#4 » by Vince604 » Fri Sep 8, 2017 4:28 pm

I hope the OKC Thunder will go public and be like:

"You can be the starter for us."
My all-time starting five: Hakeem Olajuwan, Michael Jordan, and three 3nD role players.

I follow the NBA, not just one team.

Vancouver Crows NBA expansion team
bulls4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 571

Post#5 » by bulls4ever » Fri Sep 8, 2017 4:34 pm

and Miami is a contender?
In a perfect world he would have denied his player option and choose the team he wanted to play to chase a title.
He had control of his destiny and he made his choice: money!

Now deal with it!

Bulls should keep him and try to use his salary for some trade. if anything fails, release him after he can no longer play in the playoffs. that's what id do anyways
Call 911, the tank is dying alive, tank you very much

WindyCityBorn wrote:If JJJ and Bamba end up better barring injuries I'll eat a piece of a shoe!
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#6 » by colaroaster » Fri Sep 8, 2017 4:55 pm

another year older slash should be coming-off of chi bench
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,544

Post#7 » by adjacent2bench » Fri Sep 8, 2017 5:09 pm

If 3 time Champ, respected-Pat Riley led Heat can tell Wade to sit on the bench

Knicks should have no problem benching Melo this season.
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#8 » by draftnightsuit » Fri Sep 8, 2017 5:37 pm

Why would he have to come off the bench? Even at his age, who exactly do the Heat have at his position that makes it necessary for him to come off the bench? Waiters? Tyler Johnson?

Bringing Wade back would be great for selling tickets and generating buzz with the fanbase.

First the Heat didn't want to pay him for his loyalty, now they're making it as difficult as possible for him to return for the minimum.

No respect for the best player in their franchise's history.
BornintheLAND
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#9 » by BornintheLAND » Fri Sep 8, 2017 6:03 pm

If this report is accurate then that's GREAT news for Cleveland. No way would Cavs start JR over D Wade if he's healthly. Plus Cavs have a bigger salary exception ($5.8 mil) for Wade. Hopefully no dark horse (Clippers or Thunder) come into picture.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#10 » by dan-man » Fri Sep 8, 2017 6:14 pm

I suppose what-ever the new team is willing to pay would be deducted from the buy-out amount from Chicago? They could probably stretch provision the remaining write-off to open up cap space as well. Otherwise, having an open conversation of what Wade "would" make if released seems kind of awkward and tampering like, though I suppose this behooves Chicago so not in this case.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#11 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Sep 8, 2017 6:43 pm

I would laugh my ass of if he went to Golden State.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#12 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Sep 8, 2017 6:47 pm

adjacent2bench wrote:If 3 time Champ, respected-Pat Riley led Heat can tell Wade to sit on the bench

Knicks should have no problem benching Melo this season.

~lol~ totally different situation, but sure.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#13 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Sep 8, 2017 6:51 pm

With Parker out, the Spurs would make a lot of sense
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Post#14 » by spicy6 » Fri Sep 8, 2017 6:55 pm

draftnightsuit wrote:Why would he have to come off the bench? Even at his age, who exactly do the Heat have at his position that makes it necessary for him to come off the bench? Waiters? Tyler Johnson?

Bringing Wade back would be great for selling tickets and generating buzz with the fanbase.

First the Heat didn't want to pay him for his loyalty, now they're making it as difficult as possible for him to return for the minimum.

It depends what wade youre getting. If Wade can play around 70 games , play consistent defense and offense and not be in and out of the lineup it would be worthwhile to start him, otherwise much rather start waiters. Reorganizing lineups is hard to manage.
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#15 » by draftnightsuit » Fri Sep 8, 2017 7:04 pm

spicy6 wrote:
draftnightsuit wrote:Why would he have to come off the bench? Even at his age, who exactly do the Heat have at his position that makes it necessary for him to come off the bench? Waiters? Tyler Johnson?

It depends what wade youre getting. If Wade can play around 70 games , play consistent defense and offense and not be in and out of the lineup it would be worthwhile to start him, otherwise much rather start waiters. Reorganizing lineups is hard to manage.

No it doesn't really matter what Wade you're getting when you can sign him for the minimum.

Wade is still better than Waiters and can rest every other game to keep him fresh for the playoffs. And Waiters has spent most of his career sliding in and out of the starting lineup.

Bringing Wade back is a no-brainer. Maybe Riley has some secret beef with him which is why he's making it as difficult as possible to bring him back.
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#16 » by Durant Durant » Fri Sep 8, 2017 7:38 pm

everybody knows he'll be a Cav anytime soon.
No no yes yes
Wagonband
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,191

Post#17 » by Wagonband » Fri Sep 8, 2017 7:51 pm

Heat finally found their system in the 2nd half of the year, and were the 2nd best team in the league after the all-star break. That system was let Dragic and Waiters drive and kick, have 2 shooters around them, and Whiteside in the middle to pick up rebounds. Adding James Johnson from the bench gave them another playmaker, and they were rolling. They would surely be in the playoffs if they hadn't had such terrible luck with injuries.

Bringing back Wade at his age wouldn't make much sense, since he doesn't fit well with the drive and kick offense, that again, was borderline championship contender level for the 2nd part of the season (and honestly, the best teams start playing better towards the end of the season and into the playoffs, not the other way around). He is just a ballhogger that likes to shoot contested 2 pointers; not really what the current NBA is about.

He would be great in the bench role though, a high powered 6th man that could take the load of Dragic and Waiters.
Anthoine
Junior
And1: 35

Post#18 » by Anthoine » Fri Sep 8, 2017 11:54 pm

CAVS
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#19 » by contract » Sat Sep 9, 2017 12:59 am

bulls4ever wrote:If anything fails, release him after he can no longer play in the playoffs. that's what id do anyways

So your plan is the Bulls never signing another free agent until the team or the NBA folds?

Gar??? :lol:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#20 » by Elnegron » Sat Sep 9, 2017 1:08 am

You way off. Waiters is tge future and that's what u have to work with. The heat are us no position to win a ring right now so why stall the development of the young guys by having wade massage the ball for most of the time

Return to Wiretap Discussion