Kyrie Irving: You Can't Put A Price On Happiness

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyrie Irving: You Can't Put A Price On Happiness 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Kyrie Irving went on ESPN's "First Take" on Monday and was asked about why he wanted to be traded by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"I want to be extremely, extremely happy in perfecting my craft and that was the only intent I had in all of this,” Irving said. “You can't put a price on happiness.”

Irving was also asked why he didn't communicate his intentions with LeBron James.

"I don't think you owe anything to another person in terms of figuring out what you want to do with your life,” he said. “It’s not anything personal, I'm not here to tirade anybody or to go at any particular person or the organization because I have nothing but love for Cleveland. I have nothing but love for the time I spent there. It's nothing about that. There comes a time where you mature as an individual, it's time to make that decision. And there is no looking back from that standpoint. There is no time to figure out how to save somebody's feelings when ultimately you have to be selfish in figuring out what you want to do.”

Via ESPN (via Alex Reimer/WEEI)

colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Re: Kyrie Irving: You Can't Put A Price On Happiness 

Post#2 » by colaroaster » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:27 pm

"you never hear anyone say i'm going on vacation to cleveland" draymond green
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#3 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:40 pm

has this guy ever had to work a regular 9-5 job? Of course you can put a price on happiness. :banghead:
bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 212

Post#4 » by bgrep14 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:49 pm

colaroaster wrote:"you never hear anyone say i'm going on vacation to cleveland" draymond green

Pretty sure that was Joakim Noah's quote
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#5 » by DonMega » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:53 pm

This guy is a little crazy right? Remember he believes the earth is flat
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,655

Post#6 » by Harry Garris » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:has this guy ever had to work a regular 9-5 job? Of course you can put a price on happiness. :banghead:

What is the price of happiness then?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Is it really greener playing for the Greens?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
FrigginFalcon
Junior
And1: 115

Post#8 » by FrigginFalcon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 pm

"Money can't buy happiness . . . but it sure can make being miserable a lot more fun."

That's an original, but I would not be at all surprised if someone said something similar. And while it is a bit facetious, it's pretty easy "not to put a price" on things when you have earned >$56 million at age 24 and have just signed a contract to earn another $60 million over the next 3 years, not to mention the tens of millions from endorsements and whatnot. In that position, I would have already bought everything I wanted that I COULD put a price on, so I'd also be down to things you can't put a price on, like happiness . . . and loyalty.

:wink:
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#9 » by LaRance » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:23 pm

I wish he would just be honest and say Cleveland sucks and I dont want to play 2nd fiddle to Lebron anymore
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#10 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:has this guy ever had to work a regular 9-5 job? Of course you can put a price on happiness. :banghead:

What is the price of happiness then?

Earning enough money to ensure your family doesn't have to worry or struggle at any time, especially with necessary things like having a place to live or enough food for the week.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#11 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 pm

LaRance wrote:I wish he would just be honest and say Cleveland sucks and I dont want to play 2nd fiddle to Lebron anymore

Who knows? Maybe Stevens would have him play 2nd fiddle to Hayward?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#12 » by haste10176 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:07 am

When LBJ leaves this year I hope John Wall gets better and Keeps Kyrie from finals every year... The East right now sucks so bad and when LBJ leaves it will be the worst ever..
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#13 » by haste10176 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:10 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
LaRance wrote:I wish he would just be honest and say Cleveland sucks and I dont want to play 2nd fiddle to Lebron anymore

Brad Stevens system gives it up to the PG see IT last season.. I mean Boston still suck compared to a fair few teams in the west and to the cavs currently...
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#14 » by Donnyxc » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:11 am

haste10176 wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:

Brad Stevens system gives it up to the PG see IT last season.. I mean Boston still suck compared to a fair few teams in the west and to the cavs currently...

He'll play true PG. I agree that they might not be as good next season, it takes a year to gel. But Steven's flow system will do wonders for him.

In the interview he said he is looking forward to being a true point guard again. Let's just hope he sticks to his word and passes the ball...

I also think he's being too nice. I want to see Kyrie mean. I need him to be an a--hole, like "Forget about Isaiah" type attitude.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,219

Post#15 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:35 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:

He will be a member of the string section. It is somewhat meaningless whether you are 1st or 2nd chair, they are both important. But in Cleveland he was treated like Taylor Swift's fiddle player... hidden behind stage props.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#16 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:36 am

Kyrie played this right. He saw Lebron scheming on him; he proactively set the market for himself before Lebron can control the narrative.
It was obvious Lebron was setting up Kyrie as the fallguy trade bait behind the scenes for 2 years. Bron failed at promoting Kevin Love's value as trade bait, Kyrie knew he was Bron's next trade/blame target. ask Bosh how it feels.

Lebron has spent this entire summer Promoting his next landing spot in LA (Lakers, pls do not take the bait) through the press trying to entice some young superstar legs to go to LA with him.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:44 am

haste10176 wrote:When LBJ leaves this year I hope John Wall gets better and Keeps Kyrie from finals every year... The East right now sucks so bad and when LBJ leaves it will be the worst ever..

has anyone noticed that the BEST individual player during Bron's Finals Streak has been a pre-prime Rajon Rondo? Bron is highly calculated; he'll be crazy to leave the Eastern Conf, unless he can convince some Trio of Giannis AD Westbrook PG13 to join him in the West.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,219

Post#18 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:10 am

gordoncatrell wrote:
haste10176 wrote:When LBJ leaves this year I hope John Wall gets better and Keeps Kyrie from finals every year... The East right now sucks so bad and when LBJ leaves it will be the worst ever..

has anyone noticed that the BEST individual player during Bron's Finals Streak has been a pre-prime Rajon Rondo? Bron is highly calculated; he'll be crazy to leave the Eastern Conf, unless he can convince some Trio of Giannis AD Westbrook PG13 to join him in the West.

Dudes on the pipe!
hyberx
Starter
And1: 386

Post#19 » by hyberx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:42 am

bgrep14 wrote:
colaroaster wrote:"you never hear anyone say i'm going on vacation to cleveland" draymond green

Pretty sure that was Joakim Noah's quote

Amen

gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:36 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:

Dudes on the pipe!

How you figure? has there been a stud eastern conference player during his Bron's finals run? young PG13 maybe. check out Rondo's numbers and take your medicine.

if Cavs was in the western conference Spurs, KD's Thunder, GSW would cut his finals appearances in half (im rounding up, bc i like bron).

Return to Wiretap Discussion