Alan Williams Suffers Partially Torn Meniscus

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Alan Williams Suffers Partially Torn Meniscus 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:36 am

The Phoenix Suns fear Alan Williams suffered a partially torn meniscus.

An MRI will confirm the extent of the injury on Saturday.

Williams suffered the injury when landing on the foot of a teammate during a workout.

Williams signed a three-year, $17 million deal with the Suns in the offseason.

Via Chris Haynes, Marc J. Spears/ESPN

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Alan Williams Suffers Partially Torn Meniscus 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:35 am

Was it pre-Bennett signing or post-Bennett signing?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
TheBobster
Senior
And1: 646

Post#3 » by TheBobster » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:21 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:Was it pre-Bennett signing or post-Bennett signing?

After.

Bennett got a non-guaranteed contract, so I think he's headed for the G-League, if anything.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:22 am

TheBobster wrote:

After.

Bennett got a non-guaranteed contract, so I think he's headed for the G-League, if anything.

This might change that?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
TheBobster
Senior

Post#5 » by TheBobster » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:26 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
TheBobster wrote:

After.

This might change that?

Not likely, there are already enough guaranteed contracts to fill the 15 roster spots. And just because Williams, Knight, Reed and Dudley won't be available at the beginning of the season doesn't mean they don't take up roster spots.

They still have Chandler, Len, Chriss, Bender, Warren, Jackson, Jones, Bledsoe, Ulis, Booker and Daniels.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:22 pm

TheBobster wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
TheBobster wrote:

After.

This might change that?

Not likely, there are already enough guaranteed contracts to fill the 15 roster spots. And just because Williams, Knight, Reed and Dudley won't be available at the beginning of the season doesn't mean they don't take up roster spots.

They still have Chandler, Len, Chriss, Bender, Warren, Jackson, Jones, Bledsoe, Ulis, Booker and Daniels.

The Disabled Player Exception?
Thanks for the honesty.
TheBobster
Senior

Post#7 » by TheBobster » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:15 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
TheBobster wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:This might change that?

They already have more cap space than they would get from a disabled player exception for Knight.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:45 am

TheBobster wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
TheBobster wrote:

They already have more cap space than they would get from a disabled player exception for Knight.

They might be able to sign another player?
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion