Multiple NBA Players Part Ways With Andy Miller

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Multiple NBA Players Part Ways With Andy Miller 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:25 am

Multiple players have severed ties with agent Andy Miller following an FBI corruption probe.

Miller's agency employed Christian Dawkins, who was one of 10 people arrested on federal corruption charges this week. Justin Patton and Edmond Sumner have parted ways with Miller since the FBI investigation became public.

Miller represents Kristaps Porzingis, Kyle Lowry, Serge Ibaka and Myles Turner.

Willie Reed has also filed a $13.5 million arbitration claim, alleging he was defrauded.

Via Jeff Goodman, Chris Haynes/ESPN

Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 468

Re: Multiple NBA Players Part Ways With Andy Miller 

Post#2 » by Future Coach » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Yeah I imagine his office will have their player rep status revoked. FBI corruption probes don't seem like the type of thing the NBA wants to be associated with.

And I'd be interested to learn more about how Willie Reed was defrauded. $13.5 million is quite a bit to lose
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#3 » by gordoncatrell » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:25 pm

i hope this becomes an episode of "AMERICAN GREED"!
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#4 » by pootbrah » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:00 am

Future Coach wrote:Yeah I imagine his office will have their player rep status revoked. FBI corruption probes don't seem like the type of thing the NBA wants to be associated with.

And I'd be interested to learn more about how Willie Reed was defrauded. $13.5 million is quite a bit to lose

homie signed the min when he should be closer to 10mill.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#5 » by The_Hater » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:43 am

pootbrah wrote:
Future Coach wrote:Yeah I imagine his office will have their player rep status revoked. FBI corruption probes don't seem like the type of thing the NBA wants to be associated with.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-willie-reed-lost-out-on-15m-contract-with-heat-due-to-uncertified-agent/
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#6 » by Sam195 » Sun Oct 1, 2017 7:51 am

Masai and Raptors ownership be like why couldn't this probe happen during the summer? Then Lowry and Ibaka likely drop him as an agent and potentially negotiate better team friendly contracts with the raptors either by themselves or with new agents The guy might be a corrupt but man did he negotiate fat contracts for his raptors clients. I get the terms are shorter but come on Lowry at 31 is not a 33M/season player and Ibaka who in actuality might be closer to 40 in age is not a 22M/season player.
Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 468

Post#7 » by Future Coach » Sun Oct 1, 2017 5:49 pm

The_Hater wrote:
pootbrah wrote:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-willie-reed-lost-out-on-15m-contract-with-heat-due-to-uncertified-agent/

Thanks for the link. Interesting little web of articles to read through. And it will be interesting to see how this shakes out as the Heat are now saying that they never even made that offer. My guess is his "agent" - Christian Dawkins, who was apparently fired by Andy Miller's agency months ago for racking up $42,000 in uber charges on some NBA player's credit card, and also being the link between Rick Pitino and Adidas when paying payments of $100,000 to the family of Brian Bowen in order to sign with Louisville (and likely Adidas later on) - was just making up the offer from the Heat for some reason. Maybe he was also the person who suggested that he opt-out of his contract with the Heat in the first place. Christian Dawkins was one of the group who was just arrested. I read another article earlier on that suggested Kevin Love's family got a similar payment, but I brushed off that article more as hearsay for some reason. I suppose I should reconsider such things...

Return to Wiretap Discussion