Thunder Name Rob Hennigan VP Of Insight & Foresight

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Thunder Name Rob Hennigan VP Of Insight & Foresight 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 2, 2017 5:38 pm

The Oklahoma City Thunder named Rob Hennigan as Vice President of Insight & Foresight and promoted Will Dawkins to Vice President of Identification & Intelligence.

In his role, Hennigan will oversee key functions that include Strategic Planning, Data Science & Solutions and Information Management & Counsel. Dawkins will lead the Thunder’s Amateur Evaluation and oversee the Pro Evaluation function. 

“I couldn’t be more pleased to welcome Rob back to the Thunder. He was here in the earliest stages of the organization in 2008 as we built the foundation for the Thunder that we are continuing to build from as we enter our 10th season in Oklahoma City,” said Sam Presti. “Will has proven to be a true, organic, rising talent within our organization having held several roles and now moving into a vice president and pillar lead position within our executive management team.”

Hennigan returns to the Thunder after serving as General Manager for the Orlando Magic the last five seasons. During Hennigan’s previous tenure with the Thunder (2008-2012), he most recently served as the team’s Assistant General Manager/Player Personnel. 

Dawkins has been with the Thunder in each of its 10 seasons, working in different capacities including scouting coordinator, assistant video coordinator and front office intern before his most recent title of Director of College and Player Personnel.  

The Thunder also announced the additional staff updates: Marc St. Yves - Vice President of Logistics & Engagement, Matt Tumbleson - Vice President of Basketball Communications & Engagement, Donald Strack - Vice President of Human & Player Performance, Paul Rivers - Chief of Staff, Amanda Green - Director of Information Management & Counsel, Wynn Sullivan - Director of Strategic Planning, Jesse Gould - Director of Pro Evaluation, Ayana Lawson - Director of Community & Lifestyle Services and Oliver Winterbone - Director of Player Development.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Re: Thunder Name Rob Hennigan VP Of Insight & Foresight 

Post#2 » by Winsome Gerbil » Mon Oct 2, 2017 6:40 pm

The Oklahoma City Thunder named Rob Hennigan as Vice President of Insight & Foresight and promoted Will Dawkins to Vice President of Identification & Intelligence.

OKC may or may not be able top beat the Warriors this year, but they are winning the heck out of the job titles competition.
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,857

Post#3 » by 24istheLAW » Mon Oct 2, 2017 6:52 pm

Where's my check for being the Executive VP of Hindsight?
beach house
Senior
And1: 1,044

Post#4 » by beach house » Mon Oct 2, 2017 7:38 pm

this is where they got the title from
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#5 » by macNcheese3 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 7:50 pm

lucky for Rob, Sam has been a good pal
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#6 » by caronimo » Mon Oct 2, 2017 7:52 pm

As long as he is not making free agent signing or draft day trades they should be good
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Thunder Name Rob Hennigan VP Of Insight & Foresighti guess this is funny after I 

Post#7 » by The_Hater » Mon Oct 2, 2017 9:40 pm

I guess this is funny because Hennigan lacked insight and foresight when he was putting together that roster full of big men last season in Orlando while the rest of the league was going the other direction and getting smaller and quicker?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,559

Post#8 » by dc » Mon Oct 2, 2017 10:47 pm

24istheLAW wrote:Where's my check for being the Executive VP of Hindsight?

LOL, nicely done.

But it's really not so absurd a title compared to what Hennigam just got.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,559

Re: Thunder Name Rob Hennigan VP Of Insight & Foresighti guess this is funny after I 

Post#9 » by dc » Mon Oct 2, 2017 10:50 pm

The_Hater wrote:I guess this is funny because Hennigan lacked insight and foresight when he was putting together that roster full of big men last season in Orlando while the rest of the league was going the other direction and getting smaller and quicker?

The guy built around slow bigs who can't defend and guards who struggle shooting the ball. Not exactly a winning combination in any era.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#10 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:22 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:

OKC may or may not be able top beat the Warriors this year, but they are winning the heck out of the job titles competition.

Lol. I clicked on this to figure out what Vice President is insight and foresight means and who is the current president.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#11 » by LOUiS-D » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:46 am

Does David Griffin have a job yet? Maybe there's a FO opening at OKC for a VP of Leprechauns and Unicorns.
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#12 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Tue Oct 3, 2017 3:25 am

It amazes me that this clown gets a job in the NBA despite him destroying a once great franchise in Orlando. Literally destroyed and heart and soul of Orlando. :banghead:
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
Bruteque
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#13 » by Bruteque » Tue Oct 3, 2017 5:47 am

OKC's Vice President of Sarcasm and Irony deserves a raise.
ptpablo
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#14 » by ptpablo » Tue Oct 3, 2017 9:26 am

And then there is GarPax...
Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Post#15 » by Pukovnik » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:00 pm

Everybody here criticizes Hennigan but fail to understand that just maybe he was too young to take a GM job anywhere in the league. He got that chance very early in his career, and failed. That doesn't mean he wasn't good enough at his job before he went to Orlando.

Sam Presti is among top 3 best GM's in the league and if he wants Hennigan back then it means he knows his strengths.
Bruteque
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#16 » by Bruteque » Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:50 pm

Henny was decent enough at his job when he was serving as a glorified equipment manager for the Spurs.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,962

Post#17 » by Cassius » Tue Oct 3, 2017 5:59 pm

The_Hater wrote:I guess this is funny because Hennigan lacked insight and foresight when he was putting together that roster full of big men last season in Orlando while the rest of the league was going the other direction and getting smaller and quicker?

I've posted this before and I'll post it again. I think Hennigan will be his backwards advisor:

I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Wiretap Discussion