Bucks Trying To Unload John Henson, Mirza Teletovic

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Bucks Trying To Unload John Henson, Mirza Teletovic 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:37 pm

The Milwaukee Bucks have held trade talks on unloading John Henson and Mirza Teletovic to improve their cap situation. Teams who have discussed a deal with the Bucks have been seeking a big return for taking on those salaries.

Giannis Antetokounmpo's extension begins this season while Greg Monroe opted into his contract for 17-18. 

Milwaukee also has significant outlays on Khris Middleton, Tony Snell and Matthew Dellavedova. 

Via Zach Lowe/ESPN

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Re: Bucks Trying To Unload John Henson, Mirza Teletovic 

Post#2 » by nedleeds » Mon Oct 9, 2017 3:03 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#3 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:36 pm

I don't understand why those middling teams never find a way to decent business. Dellavedova is not good, he's worse than average - a terrible signing. Even Cleveland who are terribly managed let him walk. Now that applies for their entire roster except for Middleton. It's a shame.

There are more teams just like them, also some playoff teams and I'm sure outs not merely the market. Denver finally seems to cut it and it's such a joy to see.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#4 » by 12footrim » Mon Oct 9, 2017 8:32 pm

basketboule wrote:I don't understand why those middling teams never find a way to decent business. Dellavedova is not good, he's worse than average - a terrible signing. Even Cleveland who are terribly managed let him walk. Now that applies for their entire roster except for Middleton. It's a shame.

There are more teams just like them, also some playoff teams and I'm sure outs not merely the market. Denver finally seems to cut it and it's such a joy to see.

Delly was very valuable to the Cavs, just look at his on off that year and his plus minus was #18 best among PG's. The "let" him walk because to retain him would have cost like 50 million all together in taxes and salary.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#5 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:33 am

Good luck
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#6 » by Sam195 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 am

Fresh360Waves wrote:Good luck

Lol If I'm Nets I would eat Henson and Teletovic's contracts if the Bucks give me Jabari Parker who they can then max out at 5 years 148M and make a cornerstone of the team alongside D'angelo. Jabari is 100% is going to ask for the max especially if Embid can the max playing 31 games - they also both have the same agent. Issue is Bucks coerced Giannis to sign a bargain extension of 4 years 100M before he broke out and now in the new cap era is probably the new version of Curry's former contract. There could be locker room tensions if Jabari is paid more than Giannis.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#7 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:44 pm

12footrim wrote:
basketboule wrote:I don't understand why those middling teams never find a way to decent business. Dellavedova is not good, he's worse than average - a terrible signing. Even Cleveland who are terribly managed let him walk. Now that applies for their entire roster except for Middleton. It's a shame.

Delly was very valuable to the Cavs, just look at his on off that year and his plus minus was #18 best among PG's. The "let" him walk because to retain him would have cost like 50 million all together in taxes and salary.

I know 100 players that could have succeeded given that role in that run.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#8 » by 12footrim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:45 pm

basketboule wrote:
12footrim wrote:

I know 100 players that could have succeeded given that role in that run.

Better RPM than Kyrie had that year....
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,290

Post#9 » by Wooderson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Cavs didn't resign Delly because they were deep in the luxury tax and it would have cost them a ridiculous amount of $$. If it was just $9 mil/year like the Bucks are paying they would have matched his contract in an instant.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#10 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:53 am

Sam195 wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:Good luck

Lol If I'm Nets I would eat Henson and Teletovic's contracts if the Bucks give me Jabari Parker who they can then max out at 5 years 148M and make a cornerstone of the team alongside D'angelo. Jabari is 100% is going to ask for the max especially if Embid can the max playing 31 games - they also both have the same agent. Issue is Bucks coerced Giannis to sign a bargain extension of 4 years 100M before he broke out and now in the new cap era is probably the new version of Curry's former contract. There could be locker room tensions if Jabari is paid more than Giannis.

I don't think the Nets should do that. While I do agree that they should take on bad contracts at any chance they get in order to get draft picks and/or young asset(s), I feel like Jabari would be a huge gamble with his knees. You may say, "well Embiid just got a big contract". True, but with Embiid he already has shown he has superstar potential. Anyways back to Jabari. Besides his knees, I just don't think the Nets should be using their cap space on Jabari anyways. I see him possibly as a #2/#3 option guy depending on what his future looks like. D'Lo seems like a #2 option right now. The Nets will be getting their own 1st round draft pick next season so I think they will be trying to find their guy in that draft.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#11 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:22 am

Wooderson wrote:

Cavs didn't resign Delly because they were deep in the luxury tax and it would have cost them a ridiculous amount of $$. If it was just $9 mil/year like the Bucks are paying they would have matched his contract in an instant.

That doesn't make him a better player.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,382

Post#12 » by GoldenAntlers » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Make it happen, Horst.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,290

Post#13 » by Wooderson » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:58 pm

basketboule wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

I'm just refuting the stupid notion that the Cavs didn't resign Delly because of his play. They let him walk because he would have cost them $25+ million per year.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#14 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Wooderson wrote:
basketboule wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

I'm just refuting the stupid notion that the Cavs didn't resign Delly because of his play. They let him walk because he would have cost them $25+ million per year.

Yeah and in fact he's not even worth it without the tax. Just saying, it's all good.

Return to Wiretap Discussion