Kyrie Irving's Father Had Issues With Cavaliers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyrie Irving's Father Had Issues With Cavaliers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Drederick Irving, father of Kyrie Irving, refused to give Randy Mims five one day while leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers' locker room. Mims is an employee of the Cavaliers and a lifelong friend of LeBron James.

Irving said his father believed they shouldn’t be “fraternizing with the enemy” when he was asked about the incident by James and whether there was something wrong.

“I could care less. You can write it,” Irving told The Athletic when asked about the incident this week. “It’s on you, kid. It’s your validity, baby. It’s just my dad. It’s not me.”

Drederick was often upset with the organization throughout Irving’s six years with the Cavaliers. There were concerns about the roster surrounding Irving before James' return, as well as coaching decisions and how the Cavaliers handled his health.

Via Jason Lloyd/The Athletic

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,831

Re: Kyrie Irving's Father Had Issues With Cavaliers 

Post#2 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Does anybody understand the article?
Bobalob
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#3 » by Bobalob » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:24 pm

“I could care less. You can write it,” Irving told The Athletic when asked about the incident this week. “It’s on you, kid. It’s your validity, baby. It’s just my dad. It’s not me.”

This confused the hell outta me but i get it now. Thats Kyrie saying that lmao

It actually makes sense. Do you really want to publish an article about 2 dudes not dappin each other up? Yes, yes he does. Validity has gone out the window
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#4 » by Donnyxc » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:26 pm

basketboule wrote:Does anybody understand the article?

Not really. Reading between the lines, they're saying Kyrie's dad played a part in his eventual trade request ?
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#5 » by Alonzo_Morning » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:27 pm

I thought Drederick was a fake name made up by The Simpsons writers
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#6 » by FrontPageNews » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Shoulda taught your kid to play defense.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#7 » by ItsThatEasy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:33 pm

I referred to Kyrie's dad many times when the LaVar Ball hype first started.

His dad was often in his ear about the Cav's being "his team". It's funny that people think LaVar is the only parent involved like he is.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,031

Post#8 » by mg » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:36 pm

From my understanding Dred Irving was a huge thorn in the side of the Cavaliers. The Cavs kept most of it on the down low but Kyrie's father was always in the background stirring up trouble.

This is another reason I don't see LeBron with the Lakers. After dealing with Kyrie and his father's influence these past few seasons I severely doubt LeBron would put up with Lonzo and his father.
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#9 » by qm22 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:57 pm

mg wrote:From my understanding Dred Irving was a huge thorn in the side of the Cavaliers. The Cavs kept most of it on the down low but Kyrie's father was always in the background stirring up trouble.

This is another reason I don't see LeBron with the Lakers. After dealing with Kyrie and his father's influence these past few seasons I severely doubt LeBron would put up with Lonzo and his father.

Than LeBron should just make conditions for signing trading Lonzo to the Kings.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#10 » by gordoncatrell » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:16 pm

i think word's gotten out that BronInc passive-aggressively harpoons teammates through backchannels in the press.
PS: LAL, pls stay away from Bron. too much baggage.
Bobalob
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by Bobalob » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:34 pm

ItsThatEasy wrote:I referred to Kyrie's dad many times when the LaVar Ball hype first started.

His dad was often in his ear about the Cav's being "his team". It's funny that people think LaVar is the only parent involved like he is.

Well damn, never heard this...whats the run down on Kyrie's dad?
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,390

Post#12 » by JonFromVA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Bobalob wrote:“I could care less. You can write it,” Irving told The Athletic when asked about the incident this week. “It’s on you, kid. It’s your validity, baby. It’s just my dad. It’s not me.”

It actually makes sense. Do you really want to publish an article about 2 dudes not dappin each other up? Yes, yes he does. Validity has gone out the window

The weird thing was the comment attributed to Kyrie's Dad that he didn't want to be seen as "fraternizing with the enemy". Either way it's just weird, but there are actually two ways to take that comment because Mim's was both one of LeBron's guys AND an employee of the Cavs.

So, who was the enemy?

LeBron? The Cavs?

Also of note, Kyrie got T'd up in game #1 for jawing at the Cavs' bench. TNT completely ignored it, but I've heard one version of what was said that's also just weird.

Anyway, the stories about Dedrick have been floating around Cleveland for years, and it's just one more part of the Kyrie saga we won't miss.
88' Draft Pick
Junior
And1: 50

Post#13 » by 88' Draft Pick » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:29 pm

:lol:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:I thought Drederick was a fake name made up by The Simpsons writers

:lol: great boxer
Free Soda Always
Bobalob
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by Bobalob » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:07 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Bobalob wrote:“I could care less. You can write it,” Irving told The Athletic when asked about the incident this week. “It’s on you, kid. It’s your validity, baby. It’s just my dad. It’s not me.”

The weird thing was the comment attributed to Kyrie's Dad that he didn't want to be seen as "fraternizing with the enemy". Either way it's just weird, but there are actually two ways to take that comment because Mim's was both one of LeBron's guys AND an employee of the Cavs.

So, who was the enemy?

LeBron? The Cavs?

Also of note, Kyrie got T'd up in game #1 for jawing at the Cavs' bench. TNT completely ignored it, but I've heard one version of what was said that's also just weird.

Anyway, the stories about Dedrick have been floating around Cleveland for years, and it's just one more part of the Kyrie saga we won't miss.

The article was very poorly written, but i assumed Mims was being friendly with the OTHER team. And pops aint like it so he didnt dap him up.

But what you said could be true too (I dont like YOU so im not going to dap you up). Which would be even more flagrant

Now im all confused. These main articles on realgm are always terrible.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,390

Post#15 » by JonFromVA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Bobalob wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

So, who was the enemy?

LeBron? The Cavs?

The article was very poorly written, but i assumed Mims was being friendly with the OTHER team. And pops aint like it so he didnt dap him up.

But what you said could be true too (I dont like YOU so im not going to dap you up). Which would be even more flagrant

Now im all confused. These main articles on realgm are always terrible.

Here's how I understand it ...

Randy Mims walked in to the Cavs locker room. He's a close friend of LeBron and was an employee of the Cavs at the time. He saw Dedrick and threw him a high-5 and Dedrick left him hanging. Irving noticed it, and asked him what was up with that, and Dedrick replied about not fraternizing with enemy in front of multiple witnesses (one of whom passed the story on to Jason Lloyd).

LLoyd asks Kyrie if it's ok to publish the story, and he kind of goes whatever ... that's my Dad, not me.

A lot of behind the scene stories came out about LeBron after he left Cleveland, and the same is slowly happening with Kyrie as well. Out of context it doesn't make much sense, but there's been rumors of Dedrick being really hard to deal with for years.
eddie jerel
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#16 » by eddie jerel » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Bobalob wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:I referred to Kyrie's dad many times when the LaVar Ball hype first started.

Well damn, never heard this...whats the run down on Kyrie's dad?

Kyrie's Dad wanted a NBA Career but wasn't good enough. So,even though he says Kyrie makes his own decisions, he controls every aspect of Kyrie's career like LaVar. The difference being one is Out Front and other is "Silent".
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,131

Post#17 » by Plutonashfan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:48 am

Wtf is this
The Champ is HERE!!!
MovieMuscle
Starter
And1: 949

Post#18 » by MovieMuscle » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:41 am

This is a terribly-written article. lol Try to make the report make sense to readers who don't know who these people are next time...
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#19 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:20 am

There isn't a player in the league more repulsive than Kyrie Irving a the moment. He and his family are the most egotistical, arrogant, sentimental, prima donnas I'e ever seen in sports.

Intelligent people write about how one should not fall victim to these pitfalls. Kyrie has become every single one of them.

Return to Wiretap Discussion