Multiple Factors Led Cavaliers To Scrap Kyrie Irving Tribute Video

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Multiple Factors Led Cavaliers To Scrap Kyrie Irving Tribute Video 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:22 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers decided not to air a tribute video for Kyrie Irving during his return to Quicken Loans Arena on opening night. The Boston Celtics will only make one trip to Cleveland during the regular season.

Several Cavaliers' players were upset by the idea of showing a tribute to Irving during the game.

Team spokesman Tad Carper said at halftime Tuesday they weren’t going to air the tribute video because they couldn’t find a time that felt appropriate, especially following the injury to Gordon Hayward.

Dan Gilbert was also involved in the decision not to air the video.

Irving was booed by the Cleveland fans throughout the game.

Via Jason Lloyd/The Athletic

Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Re: Multiple Factors Led Cavaliers To Scrap Kyrie Irving Tribute Video 

Post#2 » by Hoopzilla » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:32 pm

Kyrie was a model citizen during his time in Cleveland. If not for his title clinching three Cleveland would have no title.

I don't blame Kyrie one bit for wanting to leave, Lebron's antics with the media post trade and his repeated "kid" comments about him show me that Kyrie was the one removing himself from a bad situation.

Not playing that video only shows the public how petty Lebron and the Cavs organization is.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Post#3 » by binjumper » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 pm

I am liking Irving more. Seems like he was in a toxic situation and winning does not cure all.
Caese
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#4 » by Caese » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:07 pm

"Several Cavaliers' players were upset by the idea of showing a tribute to Irving during the game."

...yet multiple players, including Lebron, ended up showing him love after the game with personalized handshakes and well wishes. Either the above quote is BS, or the Cavs are being two-faced. Neither would surprise me.

Either way, I do agree with the decision to not honor a guy who demanded a trade away from the team. Yes he did a lot for the team, but there are consequences to burning bridges.
Wisedude
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#5 » by Wisedude » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:30 pm

NO reason to show that video. Burn the video.
We Are Groot
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#6 » by We Are Groot » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:02 pm

Plenty of time down the road to show a tribute video - these things tend to calm down over time ... i def'ly think Irving is deserving of one; seeing as how he was instrumental in CLE winning it's only title.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#7 » by hyberx » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:31 pm

This shows how little class the Cavs as an organization has. Oh the mutiple players who are upset, sure, nobody could have guessed whom yeah? :roll: No wonder Kyrie wanted to get the hell out of there.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#8 » by Cookin Baskets » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:42 am

Yeah they couldn't air before the game during intros or something. What does Hayward horrific injury have anything to do with a tribute to Irving for his years in Cleveland with a whole lot of good times. They should of aired it.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!

Return to Wiretap Discussion