Victor Oladipo, DeMarcus Cousins Named NBA's Players Of The Week

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Victor Oladipo, DeMarcus Cousins Named NBA's Players Of The Week 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:21 pm

Victor Oladipo and DeMarcus Cousins have been named the NBA's Players of the Week for Week 2 (Oct. 23-Oct.29).

Via RealGM Staff Report

Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Re: Victor Oladipo, DeMarcus Cousins Named NBA's Players Of The Week 

Post#2 » by Case2012 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:03 pm

if Oladipo can sustain that then maybe Pritchard isn't an idiot after all.
Instagram: @casetwelve
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#3 » by texasholdem » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Case2012 wrote:if Oladipo can sustain that then maybe Pritchard isn't an idiot after all.

sabonis is playing really well too. I think Indiana won that trade after all.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#4 » by haste10176 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:19 am

texasholdem wrote:
Case2012 wrote:if Oladipo can sustain that then maybe Pritchard isn't an idiot after all.

sabonis is playing really well too. I think Indiana won that trade after all.

If PG resigns with the Thunder then no the Pacers lose the trade.. These guys are not even near PG level.. Someone has to score on the team..
tocooks101
Senior
And1: 429

Post#5 » by tocooks101 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:00 pm

Oladipo and Sabonis out playing PG by a large margin so far.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#6 » by BallerTalk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm

tocooks101 wrote:Oladipo and Sabonis out playing PG by a large margin so far.

Wait, we were told repeatedly that those guys were scrubs.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
ball_dont_lie23
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#7 » by ball_dont_lie23 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 pm

over Porzingis??
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:59 pm

BallerTalk wrote:

They were victims of the "Westbrook effect". George is feeling that now and is doing better than either of them did in that scenario. So:

The Thunder won the trade because it clearly made them (slightly) better contenders in the West.
Oladipo and Sabonis won the deal because they are in a better position to succeed.
The Pacers kind of tied because Oladipo and Sabonis are working out quite well... but they could have gotten more.
Paul George lost because he is feeling the "Westbrook effect" and it could potentially set back his career.
The Thunder lost because George will likely leave in the off season.
tocooks101
Senior

Post#9 » by tocooks101 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:10 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

They were victims of the "Westbrook effect". George is feeling that now and is doing better than either of them did in that scenario. So:

The Thunder won the trade because it clearly made them (slightly) better contenders in the West.
Oladipo and Sabonis won the deal because they are in a better position to succeed.
The Pacers kind of tied because Oladipo and Sabonis are working out quite well... but they could have gotten more.
Paul George lost because he is feeling the "Westbrook effect" and it could potentially set back his career.

They definitely could not have gotten more, this deal is WAY better than the Gary harris deal, especially factoring in his extension
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Nov 7, 2017 12:54 am

tocooks101 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

They definitely could not have gotten more, this deal is WAY better than the Gary harris deal, especially factoring in his extension

Before the draft they would have gotten more, before the trade deadline last year they would have gotten much more and before the season last year the could have named their price. But sure, in that late hour this may have been the best they could do.... but I doubt it. They panicked as the offers were getting smaller.
tocooks101
Senior

Post#11 » by tocooks101 » Tue Nov 7, 2017 6:36 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
tocooks101 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:They were victims of the "Westbrook effect". George is feeling that now and is doing better than either of them did in that scenario. So:

Before the draft they would have gotten more, before the trade deadline last year they would have gotten much more and before the season last year the could have named their price. But sure, in that late hour this may have been the best they could do.... but I doubt it. They panicked as the offers were getting smaller.

That's all speculation, there have been ZERO reports that have come out saying anything close to what you are suggesting. Also, im not sure how you can say criticize them for waiting too long and say they panicked and made a trade too fast in the same post but that's just me.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Nov 7, 2017 11:30 pm

tocooks101 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
tocooks101 wrote:

That's all speculation, there have been ZERO reports that have come out saying anything close to what you are suggesting. Also, im not sure how you can say criticize them for waiting too long and say they panicked and made a trade too fast in the same post but that's just me.

To clarify, they panicked when they realized they had waited too long. And if you doubt that they had better offers, just look up George's player profile here on Real GM and scroll down through the old news. No Speculation required.
tocooks101
Senior

Post#13 » by tocooks101 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:38 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
tocooks101 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Before the draft they would have gotten more, before the trade deadline last year they would have gotten much more and before the season last year the could have named their price. But sure, in that late hour this may have been the best they could do.... but I doubt it. They panicked as the offers were getting smaller.

To clarify, they panicked when they realized they had waited too long. And if you doubt that they had better offers, just look up George's player profile here on Real GM and scroll down through the old news. No Speculation required.

Are you seriously using Realgm threads to validate your point? Real source or leave this topic please.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#14 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:52 pm

tocooks101 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
tocooks101 wrote:

Are you seriously using Realgm threads to validate your point? Real source or leave this topic please.

Um, RealGM threads have links to their sources in the bottom left corner. There are lots of other ways you could look this up as well, but I figured... since you're here.
tocooks101
Senior

Post#15 » by tocooks101 » Thu Nov 9, 2017 3:25 pm

I took a quick look and didnt see any, it is also not up to me to prove your argument, show or GO.

Return to Wiretap Discussion