Cavaliers Hold 'Air-It-Out' Meeting Before Practice

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cavaliers Hold 'Air-It-Out' Meeting Before Practice 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:18 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers have a 3-4 record to begin the season and held an air-it-out meeting before Tuesday's practice.

"Off the court we've got great chemistry, great bond," said Tyronn Lue. "Just, on the court we just got to be better. Like, talking, communicating, enjoying the game together. Having fun. ... Right now guys are not having fun."

"Naturally, the slow start that we've had prompted us to just all get on the same page and kind of figure out what we need to do," said Kevin Love. "I feel like we can get in better shape, that's going to help us on the defensive end. Communication, energy and just getting the new guys to (become) adjusted, well adjusted and on the floor, more time together. So time will tell how it's going to play out, but we have a lot of really good positive energy from today, so, it was a great practice."

Cleveland is trying to incorporate eight new players.

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Cavaliers Hold 'Air-It-Out' Meeting Before Practice 

Post#2 » by macNcheese3 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 2:39 am

Fire Lou. Replacing him with an assistant isn't going to help either,
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:17 am

macNcheese3 wrote:Fire Lou. Replacing him with an assistant isn't going to help either,

Fire a figure-head and replace him with... another figure-head? He's there because Lebron doesn't want anybody telling him what to do.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#4 » by Hoopzilla » Wed Nov 1, 2017 4:05 am

Love nailed it, "I feel like we can get in better shape". You come into training camp in poor shape and this is what you get. Try to use the regular season as a time to get into shape and warm up for the playoffs and this should be the expected result.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#5 » by gordoncatrell » Wed Nov 1, 2017 4:41 am

players only mtg less than 10games into the season? come on guys, dont bring MORE attn to the tire fire. Spruce up value on trade targets (shump, JR, Frye, Love), pretend like youre pacing yourself for a long playoff run, and slowly bench (errr give extended "strained" injuries to useless former star players) a couple guys.

Ty Lue gonna get paid 7 figures to give the same 5 replies in postgame interviews.

BETS ON BRON TAKING A MONTH LONG MIDSEASON BODY/MENTAL REST???
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#6 » by Pennebaker » Wed Nov 1, 2017 9:19 am

This is typical for a new LeBron team. The 2010-11 Heat, the 2014-15 Cavs and now the 2017-18 Cavs have all done the same thing early in their seasons.

Finals bound anyway.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#7 » by Donnyxc » Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:46 pm

The Avatar reminds me of
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#8 » by Hoopzilla » Wed Nov 1, 2017 4:31 pm

Pennebaker wrote:This is typical for a new LeBron team. The 2010-11 Heat, the 2014-15 Cavs and now the 2017-18 Cavs have all done the same thing early in their seasons.

Finals bound anyway.

This is not a new team. They have been together for 3 years. Just because Kyrie was traded does not mean it is a new team. There are new pieces, but the roster is not that much different for the core rotation players. They now have more tools than they did before.

They came into camp in poor shape as a team, you don't get to write it off as a team new learning how to play together when conditioning is clearly the reason. You also don't blame a short training camp, these are grown men, they know they are supposed to show up to camp ready to play.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#9 » by Pennebaker » Thu Nov 2, 2017 10:21 am

Hoopzilla wrote:
Pennebaker wrote:This is typical for a new LeBron team. The 2010-11 Heat, the 2014-15 Cavs and now the 2017-18 Cavs have all done the same thing early in their seasons.

Finals bound anyway.

This is not a new team. They have been together for 3 years. Just because Kyrie was traded does not mean it is a new team. There are new pieces, but the roster is not that much different for the core rotation players. They now have more tools than they did before.

They added 8 new players and 3 new starters. How is that not a new team?

The newly added Dwyane Wade and Jeff Green have seen tons of minutes because they've been more impactful than JR Smith and Iman Shumpert, etc. Derrick Rose has been trying to hold down the PG spot. So it is absolutely a new team.

Return to Wiretap Discussion