Draymond Green Declines To Respond To Mark Cuban's Comments

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Draymond Green Declines To Respond To Mark Cuban's Comments 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Nov 5, 2017 1:51 pm

Draymond Green declined to comment further on remarks made by Mark Cuban. Cuban said Green owed the NBA an apology for suggesting the term "owner" has a bad connotation.

"Nobody can prep me," said Green. "I'm going to always say what I want. Ain't no prepping me. At all. Ever. Don't ever believe that. Can't prep me for nothing. Don't ever think that.

"I do live in America. However, you can't prep me for nothing. Don't ever think I've been prepped for an interview. Don't work like that."

"I understand both sides," Andre Iguodala, the vice president of the National Basketball Players Association, told ESPN. "I think Mark Cuban has the right to defend himself because he has a majority stake in an NBA team. But he's done a great job of carrying that position with integrity, with respect, with equality to everyone who's involved with his organization. So, I understand because he's removed himself so far from the other incident that owners have gotten themselves in trouble with references to American historical events. So, I understand that he has to defend himself, but at the same time, he's not able to understand what it's like to be an African-American and certain terms being thrown around and how we feel about them."

Via Chris Haynes/ESPN

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Draymond Green Declines To Respond To Mark Cuban's Comments 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Sun Nov 5, 2017 7:57 pm

Lol majority stake? Cubans owns his whole damn team - iggy should look it up on yahoo.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#3 » by IAMZOOTED » Sun Nov 5, 2017 8:18 pm

Can anyone prep him?
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#4 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Nov 5, 2017 9:53 pm

Sam195 wrote:Lol majority stake? Cubans owns his whole damn team - iggy should look it up on yahoo.

Is 100% not a majority?

Anyway, classy by Dray to not get into. Classy response from Iggy. I didn't know Iggy was the copresident of the players association. I don't really think much of him, between the "Masta'" comment and then not liking the nickname "Iggy" stuff.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
We Are Groot
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#5 » by We Are Groot » Sun Nov 5, 2017 11:12 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:Anyway, classy by Dray to not get into.

" ... Ain't no prepping me. At all. Ever. Don't ever believe that. Can't prep me for nothing. Don't ever think that."

this is classy to you?
We Are Groot
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#6 » by We Are Groot » Sun Nov 5, 2017 11:13 pm

also, i'm not sure if Perot sold his 5% stake after the lawsuit ... another thing to google
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#7 » by Sam195 » Sun Nov 5, 2017 11:19 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
Sam195 wrote:Lol majority stake? Cubans owns his whole damn team - iggy should look it up on yahoo.

Is 100% not a majority?

Anyway, classy by Dray to not get into. Classy response from Iggy. I didn't know Iggy was the copresident of the players association. I don't really think much of him, between the "Masta'" comment and then not liking the nickname "Iggy" stuff.

100% is an entirety not a majority. Anything starting at 99.9% and and above 50 is a majority. Also Perot doesn't own anything mavs anymore. Cuban owns it all if he bought the Dallas Stars which was a huge gaffe for him if he looks back - he would have full ownership of the leasing rights of the mavs/stars current home in city of Dallas owned AAA arena. Cuban also missed shots to buy/invest in youtube, uber and the Pittsburgh Penguins which are all hot commodities now compared to their initial values when Cuban was presented opportunities.
BudenFerry
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,496

Post#8 » by BudenFerry » Sun Nov 5, 2017 11:39 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:

Is 100% not a majority?

Classy? You have got to be kidding me. Dray backed off because Cuban destroyed Dray's original comment and he had zero chance of redeeming himself.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#9 » by IAMZOOTED » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:13 am

Sam195 wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:

Is 100% not a majority?

100% is an entirety not a majority. Anything starting at 99.9% and and above 50 is a majority. Also Perot doesn't own anything mavs anymore. Cuban owns it all if he bought the Dallas Stars which was a huge gaffe for him if he looks back - he would have full ownership of the leasing rights of the mavs/stars current home in city of Dallas owned AAA arena. Cuban also missed shots to buy/invest in youtube, uber and the Pittsburgh Penguins which are all hot commodities now compared to their initial values when Cuban was presented opportunities.

Pretty sure both of the previous owners are still minority owners.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
pnxd
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#10 » by pnxd » Mon Nov 6, 2017 5:34 am

BudenFerry wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:

Is 100% not a majority?

Classy? You have got to be kidding me. Dray backed off because Cuban destroyed Dray's original comment and he had zero chance of redeeming himself.

I don't think Cuban destroyed his comment. Dray is entitled to his opinion of what that word means to him. Especially in the context of majority white owners and majority black players. I dont think Dray was specifically referring to Cuban, but Mark took it very personally. Cuban going after Drays education was below the belt to me and I think that he owes him an apology. Just my opinion.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#11 » by colaroaster » Mon Nov 6, 2017 12:41 pm

marc cuban contemplating a run at presidency could be america's lowest point
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#12 » by Donnyxc » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:29 pm

This is a non story. Both sides are right but are talking about completely different things.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#13 » by Roddy B for 3 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:53 pm

Sam195 wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:

Is 100% not a majority?

Cuban doesn't own 100% of the Mavericks
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)

Return to Wiretap Discussion