Jon Horst: Eric Bledsoe Has Bucks' DNA

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jon Horst: Eric Bledsoe Has Bucks' DNA 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 8, 2017 3:19 pm

Jon Horst explained why the Milwaukee Bucks decided to trade for Eric Bledsoe this week.

"I think this was the right deal because we were able to add someone that’s dynamic, another dynamic player that can score the ball, that can play-make for others, that has defensive toughness, athleticism and strength," said Horst. "And we were able to do that with effectively giving up one of the pieces of our core, as we’ve talked about publicly. Also, the Bucks DNA thing we’ve talked about is real. He is a high-character guy, highly talented, he has positional versatility, he can play on the ball and off the ball and he’s got great toughness.”

Horst was asked if he was concerned about how Bledsoe's tenure with the Suns ended.

“No, because with everything we do we do our due diligence. In surveying the league and getting that information, to a person everyone thinks very highly of Eric. I think in this business sometimes the business aspect of it takes over. … I think he was in a tough situation. We had a franchise that was trying to go in one direction, a player that wanted to be competitive in a different direction and those two things pulled at each other and it kind of resulted in what we all saw. That was of very little consideration for us, really all through this.”

Via Matt Velazquez/Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Chucky_Atkins7
Freshman
And1: 2

Re: Jon Horst: Eric Bledsoe Has Bucks' DNA 

Post#2 » by Chucky_Atkins7 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 5:11 pm

a floor general, his maturity on court and he knows hundreds of ways on how to score, but dont forget thats the same guy, who came off the bench to play for the clippers in 3 years before they traded him to mediocre suns. he may average 20ppg due to many FGA, but i think he's not as efficient as Reggie Jackson. that means they are not better than Pistons. but they are improved deffinitely, even though they sent their 6th man PF from the bench to other team. meanwhile brogdon's gonna be a sixth man, replacing middleton, and bledsoe.
Image #INSTANWETRUST
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#3 » by Hoopzilla » Wed Nov 8, 2017 6:55 pm

He lost my attention at "he is a high character guy". A high character guy doesn't publicly hurt his franchise's bargaining position by whining on social media and then going a step further and denying what his social media post referred to. That is the literal definition of a bad character guy. He can't even take ownership of his own words or actions. That is how a child acts.
greggschapiro
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#4 » by greggschapiro » Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:16 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:He lost my attention at "he is a high character guy". A high character guy doesn't publicly hurt his franchise's bargaining position by whining on social media and then going a step further and denying what his social media post referred to. That is the literal definition of a bad character guy. He can't even take ownership of his own words or actions. That is how a child acts.

Like they haven't been hurting his value by benching him last year and trying to get higher picks rather than compete?
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#5 » by agiaco » Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:30 pm

Chucky_Atkins7 wrote:a floor general, his maturity on court and he knows hundreds of ways on how to score, but dont forget thats the same guy, who came off the bench to play for the clippers in 3 years before they traded him to mediocre suns. he may average 20ppg due to many FGA, but i think he's not as efficient as Reggie Jackson. that means they are not better than Pistons. but they are improved deffinitely, even though they sent their 6th man PF from the bench to other team. meanwhile brogdon's gonna be a sixth man, replacing middleton, and bledsoe.

snell's going to move to the bench with brogdon, bledsoe and middleton at the 1-2-3 in my opinion
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#6 » by HoopsMalone » Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:13 am

LOL at using the term "Bucks DNA" like that's a thing...

You can say that for the Yankees, Patriots, etc...

Nobody says "Cory Spangenburg has San Diego Padres DNA". That's not a thing.

And Eric Bledsoe? Not exactly the type of player you use in these type of statements. Marcus Smart has Celtics DNA. I can go with that.

You start talking about Eric Bledsoe's DNA and I start thinking some woman is making sexual assault allegations or something. Why else are we talking about his DNA?

Return to Wiretap Discussion