Thunder Hold Meeting Following Latest Loss

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Thunder Hold Meeting Following Latest Loss 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:16 pm

The Oklahoma City Thunder held an extended closed door meeting following their loss at the Denver Nuggets on Thursday. The Thunder now have an 0-6 record against Western Conference teams.

“It was just good to get everything out on the table,” said Paul George. “Especially where we’re at right now, it’s no good if we’re bottling it up. Because then we could carry it over to the next game and the next game. Just leave everything out in the open.”

“I don’t think it’s frustration among ourselves,” Raymond Felton said. “It’s just frustration about losing. We got a lot of guys who hate to lose, a lot of guys who are big competitors. That’s a good spirit to have. I’ll take that all day. If we’re not frustrated, then that’s a big problem.”

“Obviously every year, every season you go through adversity,” Russell Westbrook said. “Right now we’re going through ours.”

“It can either go two ways,” Carmelo Anthony said. “We can let this one sit in our heads and think about it or we can put it behind us and move forward and get ready for tomorrow. That’s the beauty of being in this league and having so many games. I know we complain about back-to-backs, but sometimes the back-to-backs is in our favor as players, because you get a chance to put that game behind you and look forward to the next game.”

Via Brett Dawson/Oklahoman

dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Re: Thunder Hold Meeting Following Latest Loss 

Post#2 » by dan-man » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:06 pm

1 ball. 3 ball hogs. I wonder what the issue is?
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#3 » by PDXKnight » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:40 pm

dan-man wrote:1 ball. 3 ball hogs. I wonder what the issue is?

Right?

And then you have 2 guys in melo and Westbrook with possibly the biggest egos in the game after Kevin Durant
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#4 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:48 pm

Melo is a cancer
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#5 » by Furinkazan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:29 pm

they still cant figure it out :lol:
Rollie
Junior
And1: 34

Post#6 » by Rollie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:39 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Melo is a cancer

Stop that. These losses aren't on Melo. Westbrook isn't putting up the number he did last year, and with a suspect bench they won't win.
vct33
Veteran
And1: 839

Post#7 » by vct33 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Rollie wrote:Westbrook isn't putting up the number he did last year, and with a suspect bench they won't win.

Exactly. 20-10-10. Freakin bum!!!
I brings the ruckus to the ladies!
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#8 » by totalrekall » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:26 pm

they dont have a team identity. theres no real connection between their players. PG is gone after this season. Melo is just collecting his checks. the problem on the court is ball movement. there isnt any. Westbrook is the only player who gets assists bc he's so ball dominant. somehow coach Donovan has to figure out a system where the ball is hopping around for open looks. this is just 3 "stars" taking bad shots and their shooting percentages reflect that
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#9 » by br7knicks » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:59 pm

On behalf of real knicks fans, thank you for taking the blackhole of basketball known as melo. We don't miss him, but we could have told you what was going to happen in acquiring him. Defense and winning has never been a priority. Good luck moving forward.

PS: no give backs, ever!
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Chucky_Atkins7
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#10 » by Chucky_Atkins7 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:12 pm

you have both superstars playing at the same position, Melo and PG13 at SF. the problem is, neither Melo at PF, neither PG13 at SG could play because, Melo lacks defense, although he has universatility and speed at 4. meanwhile PG13 is just too big for 2, because he's totally a small forward. as a shooter, he has that streaky shooting from distance. But the thing is, unlike players like Caldwell pope, who struggles to keep his shooting touch for 10 games straight, PG13 can really light up his touch in one quarter at the same game after he struggles during three quarters.
Image #INSTANWETRUST
Chucky_Atkins7
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#11 » by Chucky_Atkins7 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:13 pm

chemistry.
Image #INSTANWETRUST
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#12 » by BKlutch » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:22 pm

br7knicks wrote:On behalf of real knicks fans, thank you for taking the blackhole of basketball known as melo. We don't miss him, but we could have told you what was going to happen in acquiring him. Defense and winning has never been a priority. Good luck moving forward.

PS: no give backs, ever!

Another Knicks fan here to say "This is true." Melo stops the offense and won't work very hard on D. Our team is fun to watch again. Funny thing, I watched an OKC game, and kept thinking it was last year's Knicks in OKC unis because that's how OKC is playing this year. You have my sympathies.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#13 » by Durant Durant » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:03 pm

solution is to petition the league to employ more basketballs. seriously Melo has to go.
No no yes yes
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#14 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:11 pm

It just amazes me that anyone thinks Carmelo is a good player.

The second I heard he got traded to OKC, I laughed. Carmelo, PG, and Westbrook.......tubeworms knew this wasn't going to work. Hell I didn't expect a closed door meeting until Jan or something. I figured the talent would get them through the regular season pretty good, and the real ugly would show up in the playoffs.

Not my headache. So, so, so, so, so, so glad the Lakers failed to entice Carmelo. Jim Buss' best piece of work, was failing to land Carmelo.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#15 » by BarneyGumble » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Anyone still defending Carmelo Anthony as a star player doesnt know anything about basketball. It is subtraction by addition with this guy when he is on your roster.
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by dan-man » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Lucky for Melo he has another year on his contract. Could be Turkey or China time after that?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#17 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:20 pm

BarneyGumble wrote:Anyone still defending Carmelo Anthony as a star player doesnt know anything about basketball. It is subtraction by addition with this guy when he is on your roster.

It really aughta be on a test for GM's. Ask them if they would be interested in signing Carmelo, if he would come play for the Vet's min. Any answer by "aww hell no!" ends the interview.
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by dan-man » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Chucky_Atkins7 wrote:

chemistry.

A stacked West certainly doesn't help but still....
dan-man
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by dan-man » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:22 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:Anyone still defending Carmelo Anthony as a star player doesnt know anything about basketball. It is subtraction by addition with this guy when he is on your roster.

It really aughta be on a test for GM's. Ask them if they would be interested in signing Carmelo, if he would come play for the Vet's min. Any answer by "aww hell no!" ends the interview.

Losing Melo was the best thing that ever happened for the Unicorn.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#20 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:31 pm

they need to thunder up real quick. whats up with PG and his bricked 3's and horrible shot selection?

Return to Wiretap Discussion