LeBron: I Haven't Played With Scorer Who Can Also Get Guys Involved For A While

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

LeBron: I Haven't Played With Scorer Who Can Also Get Guys Involved For A While 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers have begun the 17-18 season slowly, but that doesn't change LeBron James' goals.

"I'm in win mode still," said James on Saturday.

James is looking forward to playing with Isaiah Thomas, who was acquired to help replace Kyrie Irving.

"It's been a while since I've had that clear-cut guy who can get guys involved but also score at the same time," James told B/R Mag. "But it's fine. It's something that our team will make an adjustment to."

James has played more point guard than ever while waiting for Thomas.

"I'm a student of the game, so I know everywhere I can help, man," Thomas told B/R Mag. "I can help, first off with my aggressiveness and my scoring ability. But just putting pressure on the defense every time down. Being able to get in the paint and make the defense pick and choose what they want to stop. Being able to get to the free-throw line. Little things like that that I see nobody's really doing but Bron."

While the Cavaliers remain favorites to win the East, they are vulnerable.

"They could be a team that gets beat early in the playoffs," said one longtime scout, citing the Cavaliers' aging rotation and lack of athleticism. "I think we're seeing the twilight of that group."

Via Howard Beck/Bleacher Report

mawbsta
Senior
And1: 46

Re: LeBron: I Haven't Played With Scorer Who Can Also Get Guys Involved For A While 

Post#2 » by mawbsta » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 pm

"it's been a while..."

uh, 13 games?
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Re: LeBron: I Haven't Played With Scorer Who Can Also Get Guys Involved For A While 

Post#3 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:16 pm

He wants all the attention. He wants all the credit. He wants NONE of the blame. already laying ground work to push blame off to everyone else (blame hit list: Love, Rose, IThomas, Lue, GM, Owner). If he wanted a playmaking scorer, why the heck would he be so thirsty for PG13 for the past 2 seasons?

If they were 9-2 or 10-1, his quote would've been "i love our team, we have guys who know how to win in this league, we'll just have to make sure Thomas feels comfortable with the schemes". Now that theyre .500 "um, i need another superstar, someone like Bron2012".
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#4 » by cedric76 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 pm

Honestly , how can anyone like this guy. What a terrible role model.

People should be ashamed to have him in same conversation as Jordan

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 140

Post#5 » by haste10176 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:23 am

cedric76 wrote:Honestly , how can anyone like this guy. What a terrible role model.

Shows you know very little.. As far a role model goes there is no comparison between MJ and LBJ.. LBJ is a 1000 times better.. MJ a chain smoking gambler who hit team mates in the face who and also never spoke out any issues cause he did not want to annoy anyone least it hurt his shoe sales.. Surely you have never even heard an interview with MJ.. Seriously if it is a role Model contest LBJ wins and its not close... Try again..
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 140

Post#6 » by haste10176 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:00 am

gordoncatrell wrote:He wants all the attention. He wants all the credit. He wants NONE of the blame. already laying ground work to push blame off to everyone else (blame hit list: Love, Rose, IThomas, Lue, GM, Owner). If he wanted a playmaking scorer, why the heck would he be so thirsty for PG13 for the past 2 seasons?

If they were 9-2 or 10-1, his quote would've been "i love our team, we have guys who know how to win in this league, we'll just have to make sure Thomas feels comfortable with the schemes". Now that theyre .500 "um, i need another superstar, someone like Bron2012".

Hang on there is no other superstar on that team.. GSW has 4... OKC has 2 as carmelo is no longer a super star.. I mean seriously this team is old and bad except LBJ... PG13 is a superstar of course you want him he is a play maker who can shoot and defend.. Cavs will still win the east.. Losing in the east would 100% be on LBJ because he has enough to get past the east but he has nowhere near enough to even get close to GSW.. He averaged a triple double last year and it wasnt even close in the end.. Can he do more?? I guess doing something noone in the history of the game had done before was not enough...
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#7 » by gordoncatrell » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 am

haste10176 wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:He wants all the attention. He wants all the credit. He wants NONE of the blame. already laying ground work to push blame off to everyone else (blame hit list: Love, Rose, IThomas, Lue, GM, Owner). If he wanted a playmaking scorer, why the heck would he be so thirsty for PG13 for the past 2 seasons?

Hang on there is no other superstar on that team.. GSW has 4... OKC has 2 as carmelo is no longer a super star.. I mean seriously this team is old and bad except LBJ... PG13 is a superstar of course you want him he is a play maker who can shoot and defend.. Cavs will still win the east.. Losing in the east would 100% be on LBJ because he has enough to get past the east but he has nowhere near enough to even get close to GSW.. He averaged a triple double last year and it wasnt even close in the end.. Can he do more?? I guess doing something noone in the history of the game had done before was not enough...

how many Superstars does BOS/TOR/MIL have? how many Superstars does SAS have? if Bron step foot on to BOS TOR SAS, would he be the best player on the roster? Who handpicked his CLE teammates and coaching staff since 2014? Who should be blamed for demanding over-market value contracts for rotation level teammates (JR, Thompson, Shump)?
who traded for LOVE, then had him trashed in the media and designated as a scapegoat all while devaluing his trade value?
he can do more by not sabotaging teams that he is on. he can do more by not gathering up empty calorie stats and devaluing his teammates. he can do more by letting go of the control and being "just a player" on the team instead of baking in his Enterprise into the entire Org top to bottom.
this dude is baggage.
nimit
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#8 » by nimit » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:02 am

Lebron has been really chatty lately
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#9 » by cheese318 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 am

So explain to me what do they do with Thompson, Smith & Shumpert after making the finals with them? Do they let them walk even though they are tremendously over the cap? Are you seriously comparing this team to what roster the warriors put together? l didn’t agree with the Love Trade when they completed the deal but l understand why they completed the deal and the championship made all the above a positive not a negative.

How can you blame LeBron for what the management did not do correctly before he ever arrived. Did he decide to draft Anthony Bennett? Did he decide to draft Tristan Thompson? Did he decide to draft Dion Waiters? Waiters did finally become a valuable commidity in Miami but regardless all those moves were the reason for what became of this roster. As much as you want to blame LeBron and be a hater for whatever reason all he did was request the best possible team they could put on the court. Please explain who replaces the role players above with bloated contracts which would have helped with them a title?

gordoncatrell wrote:
haste10176 wrote:

how many Superstars does BOS/TOR/MIL have? how many Superstars does SAS have? if Bron step foot on to BOS TOR SAS, would he be the best player on the roster? Who handpicked his CLE teammates and coaching staff since 2014? Who should be blamed for demanding over-market value contracts for rotation level teammates (JR, Thompson, Shump)?
who traded for LOVE, then had him trashed in the media and designated as a scapegoat all while devaluing his trade value?
he can do more by not sabotaging teams that he is on. he can do more by not gathering up empty calorie stats and devaluing his teammates. he can do more by letting go of the control and being "just a player" on the team instead of baking in his Enterprise into the entire Org top to bottom.
this dude is baggage.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#10 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 am

LeBron's just such an idiot. So talkative yet unreflecting.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#11 » by The_Hater » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:46 pm

mawbsta wrote:"it's been a while..."

uh, 13 games?

He’s saying that Kyrie isn’t that type of player. And he’s right.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Chucky_Atkins7
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#12 » by Chucky_Atkins7 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:09 pm

cavs wont make the playoffs this season. mark my words.
Image #INSTANWETRUST
Chucky_Atkins7
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#13 » by Chucky_Atkins7 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:12 pm

The_Hater wrote:

uh, 13 games?

i thought Kyrie was a playmaker? just like lebron actually needed? or he needed more? lol lebron is the worst GM and the coach, because his IQ sucks. his teammates carry on his bag night after night.
Image #INSTANWETRUST
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#14 » by Donnyxc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:20 pm

Funny how he is saying this with D Wade on his team.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
The_Hater

Post#15 » by The_Hater » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:20 pm

Chucky_Atkins7 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

uh, 13 games?

i thought Kyrie was a playmaker? just like lebron actually needed? or he needed more? lol lebron is the worst GM and the coach, because his IQ sucks. his teammates carry on his bag night after night.

Playmaker is usually referred to as one who creates offense for their teammates, not themselves.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#16 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:43 pm

cedric76 wrote:Honestly , how can anyone like this guy. What a terrible role model.

Jordan was also a terrible role model. That doesn't really affect the GOAT conversation though, because being a good role model and being good at basketball are completely different.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Donnyxc
Starter

Post#17 » by Donnyxc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:16 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Chucky_Atkins7 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Playmaker is usually referred to as one who creates offense for their teammates, not themselves.

There's a reason Kyrie is +6 Box Score +/- which is more than double his BPM in any Cleveland season.
Also he is 4th in the league in Real +/- (RPM):
http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM/position/1

You really need to watch Kyrie and the Boston games.
Specifically, the 2nd and 3rd plays from this video. If this is not a playmaker, I don't know what is:
http://www.nba.com/video/2017/11/14/20171113-best-boston-celtics-12-game-win-streak/#/
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
The_Hater

Post#18 » by The_Hater » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:20 pm

Donnyxc wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Chucky_Atkins7 wrote:i thought Kyrie was a playmaker? just like lebron actually needed? or he needed more? lol lebron is the worst GM and the coach, because his IQ sucks. his teammates carry on his bag night after night.

There's a reason Kyrie is +6 Box Score +/- which is more than double his BPM in any Cleveland season.

Specifically, the 2nd and 3rd plays from this video. If this is not a playmaker, I don't know what is:
http://www.nba.com/video/2017/11/14/20171113-best-boston-celtics-12-game-win-streak/#/

Pretty sure Bron was talking about Cleveland Kyrie since he was talking about teammates.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
Donnyxc
Starter

Post#19 » by Donnyxc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:26 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Pretty sure Bron was talking about Cleveland Kyrie since he was talking about teammates.

I agree that Bron is talking about Kyrie. My point is the notion he is not a playmaker is false.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#20 » by Hoopzilla » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Since Lebron is the primary ball handler, he is the reason no one else can be a creator on his teams. Kyrie was never allowed to be a creator. When Lebron passed Kyrie the ball, it was because Lebron wanted Kyrie to score.

Lebron still wants to talk smack about Kyrie as he continues to give these backhanded comments. This really shows how truly pathetic Lebron is as a person.

On the other hand, it is hilarious how Lebron complains that he has elite scorers and that in and of itself is not good enough. He wants to complain that they only score and don't create, while totally ignoring that he dominates the ball, so they wouldn't have a chance to create even if they wanted to. One of the reasons Kyrie wanted to leave is so he can have the ball in his hands more and give him more chances to create and be a complete point guard.

It always seems like Lebron is never satisfied no matter how many all stars surround him.

Return to Wiretap Discussion