Steve Kerr: Boston Looks Like The Team Of The Future In The East

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 140

Re: Steve Kerr: Boston Looks Like The Team Of The Future In The East 

Post#21 » by haste10176 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:56 pm

Every single stat of Kyrie's is down last year.. Scoring down.. FG% down.. 3P% down.. Assists per Game down.. Rebounds per game down.. and I keep hearing he is putting up Westbrooke numbers no he is not.. He is playing great ahh no not really he is playing ok and the team kept the streak alive without him even playing.. Brad Stevens deserves the credit for this they are playing great team basketball Kyrie deserves credit for buying in but he is not exactly lighting the world on fire...
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#22 » by haste10176 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:58 pm

gordoncatrell wrote:im a LAL guy, but i LOVE Ainge's willingness to get in the pressure-cooker and outlast his opposition. He's taken some HUGE risks without devaluing his products.

BOS is set for the next decade w AINGE/STEVENS. they're SAS East.

I doubt they last as long as SAS 20 years is crazy but yeah could be in the top 4 teams in the east for many years.. 76ers will overtake them though as Simmons and Embid are better than them.. I think LBJ may even go to the 76ers can you imagine.. Simmons Embid, LBJ, Fultz, Coverington.. Hell if they can create some cap space and trade for PG13 imagine that..
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#23 » by haste10176 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:00 am

KamikazeK wrote:
the_process wrote:I think there are at least a couple of East teams who beg to differ.

crappy teams don't count

76ers have more talent.. They look like the team of the future or if LBJ goes there next year the team of now..
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,064

Post#24 » by tidho » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:52 am

DelMonte West wrote:
the_process wrote:I think there are at least a couple of East teams who beg to differ.

Cool story, bro. How many of them have won 13 games in a row without one of their all-stars for the season and are fielding 11 new players to the system? Feel free to respond to this directly any time now.

You realize when he says "Team of the future" he's not talking about right now, right?
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 660

Post#25 » by DelMonte West » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:09 am

tidho wrote:
DelMonte West wrote:

Cool story, bro. How many of them have won 13 games in a row without one of their all-stars for the season and are fielding 11 new players to the system? Feel free to respond to this directly any time now.

You realize when he says "Team of the future" he's not talking about right now, right?

I didn't think I had to go into the combination of vets and young talent, a top-5 coach, a top-5 GM, the best player from the 2017 draft, etc. Color me embarrassed. I didn't realize how awful the Celtics are set up.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#26 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:32 am

King is the king here.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,659

Post#27 » by KamikazeK » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:33 pm

haste10176 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:

crappy teams don't count

76ers have more talent.. They look like the team of the future or if LBJ goes there next year the team of now..

Y'all have been saying that crap for years. :lol:
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#28 » by johanliebert » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Wo1verine wrote:I think ownership is key here when it comes to Boston - Ainge was allowed to trade players while he could for assets even if it meant taking a couple steps back.

Here in Toronto, we have been spinning our wheels with the same damn garbage core for many years despite total underwhelming results.

Only thing that matters for Toronto is making the post-season as much as possible they rather not take chances if it meant sacrificing a playoff team.

until boston wins a ring with that core they are no different than the raptors. you worried bout a core but if that celtics team didt trade for kyrie irving and horford last year they aint no team of no future. just another team with young players.

kerr just making storylines ahead of their game anyways but i guess you fans always eat it up.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#29 » by Donnyxc » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm

johanliebert wrote:
Wo1verine wrote:I think ownership is key here when it comes to Boston - Ainge was allowed to trade players while he could for assets even if it meant taking a couple steps back.

Here in Toronto, we have been spinning our wheels with the same damn garbage core for many years despite total underwhelming results.

Only thing that matters for Toronto is making the post-season as much as possible they rather not take chances if it meant sacrificing a playoff team.

until boston wins a ring with that core they are no different than the raptors. you worried bout a core but if that celtics team didt trade for kyrie irving and horford last year they aint no team of no future. just another team with young players.

kerr just making storylines ahead of their game anyways but i guess you fans always eat it up.

What?
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#30 » by Donnyxc » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Donnyxc wrote:This feels like a game where the Warriors put up a 20 point lead in the first half, and the Celtics make a comeback in the 4th.

This aged well, guys. :wink:
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley

Return to Wiretap Discussion