Lonzo Ball Worked On Shot At Lakers' Facility After Loss To 76ers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Re: Lonzo Ball Worked On Shot At Lakers' Facility After Loss To 76ers 

Post#21 » by Simmons25 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:17 am

LOLzo can work on it for the next 10 years and he will still be a sub 25% shooter from the 3 point line. What a bust. Magic got sold a lemon and there isn't an NBA team anywhere that would be willing to take on that bust shot, rookie contract and his moronic father.
Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#22 » by Pass_the_rock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:04 am

Big news. Please keep us updated, rgm.
rgm70
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#23 » by rgm70 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:21 am

RememberLu wrote:How is this considered news. "NBA player works on his shot following loss"

Riveting! Tell us more.

The amount of overexposure players get just because they play in LA is tiresome

And yet you clicked on the article, and even commented on it... i guess they''re doing something right.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#24 » by Alonzo_Morning » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:08 pm

macNcheese3 wrote:His shot form is questionable but then again so was Shawn Marion's.

Only problem with Marion's shot was the low release point. He actually had fairly sound mechanics otherwise. Bit like Kevin Martin.

Lonzo's shot has a weird wind up and everything is crooked through to the release. There is barely anything mechanically sound about his shot.
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#25 » by 13th Man » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:12 pm

Lomzo Ball had a glass of water after practice. Word has it that he didn't drink enough and felt a bit dehydrated. More to come....
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#26 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:16 pm

johanliebert wrote:
Bully6789 wrote:His father claims to be a helluva coach how you let your kid have a shot like that and not correct it. I am pretty sure he has been shooting that way since jr high

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

claims? he has one son in the nba, another got a d1 scholarship and the 3rd will most likely become a pro basetball player. thats one helluva of a coach to produce 3 pro players.

He sound more like a Joe Jackson to me.
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#27 » by Durant Durant » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:53 pm

In other news. Lonzo Ball selfless act of working on his shot has energized the team and cries of 'MVP' and 'Champs' had been heard till late that night. More to come...
No no yes yes
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#28 » by pbj » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:This is a non story. Hopefully every NBA player works on their shot on a daily basis. He had a bad game. maybe he he put up a few extra shots. Let him be a rookie.

Breaking news, man does his job - more at 6.
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#29 » by Durant Durant » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:10 pm

this just in...

Lonzo Ball sneezes, whole basketball world catches a cold.

back to you Anderson..
No no yes yes
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#30 » by CoachD » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:21 pm

If the story from a couple of days ago is true, and the Lakers are NOT going to try to fix his shot this season, then Lonzo should NOT BE in the gym shooting more shots. All he's doing is further cementing that horrible form he already has!
We Are Groot
Sophomore
And1: 29

it's easy ... 

Post#31 » by We Are Groot » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:26 pm

... to point to his mechanics and say "that's his problem", and ask "why has nobody tried to fix his shot?" ... short answer, bc it went in. his whole pre-NBA bball career that's how he's shot and he's made them @ a more than respectable clip. he shot the ball phenomenally @ UCLA. he's had a cpl of games THIS YEAR where he's shot well. so it has to be in his head, which imho bodes worse for him long term than awkward mechanics.

Kevin Martin had a very similarly unorthodox shot and there was a stretch in his career where he was one of the league's premier shooters. I kno you millenials don't know what Larry Legend's shot looked like, but sufficed to say it wasn't textbook, yet he is regarded as one of the best shooters in NBA history. it is possible to have unorthodox mechanics and still be a successful shooter in the NBA. Zo can't pull up going right, but he is able to guage the space he needs to be able to get his shot off otherwise. OK it's not going in rt now, but it'll never fall if he can't get it off. if u recall, pre-draft whether or not he'd be able to get his shot off in the NBA was the concern, not if it wld fall or not. you know why? bc his shooting numbers were good. his slump has caused teams to sag hard, but earlier in the year, teams were in fact playing him for his shot some of the time bc agn, the scouting report on him was he cld shoot, albeit awkwardly.

@ this point we're going to see how mentally tough he is or isn't, not what kind of shooter he's gonna end up being. from what i've seen, he handles things with a sort of nonchalance; but i think Luke is right ... he needs to be bothered by this, he needs to get upset @ how he's playing. the bad shooting is plaguing the rest of his game. he just looks shook when he's on the floor. if that doesn't change the rest won't matter ...
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#32 » by colaroaster » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:46 pm

starting small with a nerf set would've been my approach. then a slow progression with small handballs and eventually progress up-to big baller status .. heck what's wrong with film study, finding a mentor, or asking/talking with legends?

no doubt social media's torn into his kids confidence + family is a mess= colossal melt down
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#33 » by delsol650 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 pm

That shot just looks terrible. Dude has great vision and passing from what I can see in his first couple weeks in the pro's. He needs to gain some weight in him, which in time will like most NBA players that fill out. He should probably concentrate more on driving, kicking and do a mid range at most.
JunkYardDog6ix
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,378

Re: it's easy ... 

Post#34 » by JunkYardDog6ix » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:30 pm

We Are Groot wrote:... to point to his mechanics and say "that's his problem", and ask "why has nobody tried to fix his shot?" ... short answer, bc it went in. his whole pre-NBA bball career that's how he's shot and he's made them @ a more than respectable clip. he shot the ball phenomenally @ UCLA. he's had a cpl of games THIS YEAR where he's shot well. so it has to be in his head, which imho bodes worse for him long term than awkward mechanics.

Kevin Martin had a very similarly unorthodox shot and there was a stretch in his career where he was one of the league's premier shooters. I kno you millenials don't know what Larry Legend's shot looked like, but sufficed to say it wasn't textbook, yet he is regarded as one of the best shooters in NBA history. it is possible to have unorthodox mechanics and still be a successful shooter in the NBA. Zo can't pull up going right, but he is able to guage the space he needs to be able to get his shot off otherwise. OK it's not going in rt now, but it'll never fall if he can't get it off. if u recall, pre-draft whether or not he'd be able to get his shot off in the NBA was the concern, not if it wld fall or not. you know why? bc his shooting numbers were good. his slump has caused teams to sag hard, but earlier in the year, teams were in fact playing him for his shot some of the time bc agn, the scouting report on him was he cld shoot, albeit awkwardly.

@ this point we're going to see how mentally tough he is or isn't, not what kind of shooter he's gonna end up being. from what i've seen, he handles things with a sort of nonchalance; but i think Luke is right ... he needs to be bothered by this, he needs to get upset @ how he's playing. the bad shooting is plaguing the rest of his game. he just looks shook when he's on the floor. if that doesn't change the rest won't matter ...

what ?

his jumpshot looks good to me. Millenials tho.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,850

Post#35 » by Woodsanity » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:05 pm

He needs to change his shot entirely. His shooting form sucks.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#36 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:
macNcheese3 wrote:His shot form is questionable but then again so was Shawn Marion's.

Only problem with Marion's shot was the low release point. He actually had fairly sound mechanics otherwise. Bit like Kevin Martin.

Lonzo's shot has a weird wind up and everything is crooked through to the release. There is barely anything mechanically sound about his shot.

bang on.
We Are Groot
Sophomore
And1: 29

Re: it's easy ... 

Post#37 » by We Are Groot » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 am

JunkYardDog6ix wrote:his jumpshot looks good to me. Millenials tho.

"not textbook" isn't the synonymous w/bad. his release point is by his ear ... jus u kno, in case you didn't notice in the video ... yup, millenials

Return to Wiretap Discussion