Tony Parker Returning From Quad Injury On Monday

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Tony Parker Returning From Quad Injury On Monday 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:48 pm

Tony Parker will make his season debut in Monday's game against the Mavericks. Parker made the announcement on Facebook.

Parker was initially expected to return in January from his surgically repaired quad. Parker suffered a ruptured left quadriceps tendon in the Western Conference Semifinals.

"Get ready #SpursNation, I’m coming back on tomorrow’s game against Dallas!" wrote Parker.

"I'm really excited to play again. It has been some tough months with a lot of recovery, patience and mental strength. I wanted to thank everyone who believed in my return. Fans, Family, Friends, my Recovery Team and the San Antonio Spurs, I couldn't have done this without your support."

Via RealGM Staff Report

macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Tony Parker Returning From Quad Injury On Monday 

Post#2 » by macNcheese3 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:31 am

hoping he comes back strong, but I don't see him being a full time starter.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#3 » by Sam195 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:23 am

macNcheese3 wrote:hoping he comes back strong, but I don't see him being a full time starter.

I think he is going to have a bounce back year since he is well rested and is also on a contract year. However, I doubt Spurs or the surprisingly hot Rockets have enough firepower to unseat the Warriors in the West. Lol I still can't believe Deron Williams who is 2 years younger than Parker and was clearly better in his prime is unsigned. I get he had a bad season last year between mavs and cavs but you would think at worst he could land a bench role as a third sting pg somewhere.
turnmeup88
Junior
And1: 315

Post#4 » by turnmeup88 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:00 am

Sam195 wrote:
macNcheese3 wrote:hoping he comes back strong, but I don't see him being a full time starter.

I think he is going to have a bounce back year since he is well rested and is also on a contract year. However, I doubt Spurs or the surprisingly hot Rockets have enough firepower to unseat the Warriors in the West. Lol I still can't believe Deron Williams who is 2 years younger than Parker and was clearly better in his prime is unsigned. I get he had a bad season last year between mavs and cavs but you would think at worst he could land a bench role as a third sting pg somewhere.

and was clearly better in his prime

?? :crazy: :crazy:
I don't know when people will understand that no player can average 10 assists in the Spurs system as it was played during Parker's times. There's so much ball movement the point guard can't be as ball dominant.

Parker's assists may have been slightly lower, but i'll take the point guard who averages 50% shooting and has a proven winning record.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#5 » by Sam195 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:09 am

turnmeup88 wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

and was clearly better in his prime

?? :crazy: :crazy:
I don't know when people will understand that no player can average 10 assists in the Spurs system as it was played during Parker's times. There's so much ball movement the point guard can't be as ball dominant.

Parker's assists may have been slightly lower, but i'll take the point guard who averages 50% shooting and has a proven winning record.

Lol Deron Williams was the best pure pg in the nba shortly after he was drafted - he lead the awful Jazz to the wcf in his 2nd season. He was drafted ahead of CP3 because he was the better college prospect and lol CP3 still hasn't played in a wcf. What happened to him and to a lesser degree Dwight Howard is that they got obsessed for bigger markets like Carmelo Anthony and Paul George once did and when they got there the emotional toll of the fan base, distractions and media expectations were too much and they under-performed. Add ankle injuries similar to Curry happening to D-will in his 30s as oppose to his mid 20s and the future is not that bright. Nets bought out the the last 2 seasons of his former max contract stretched over 5 years. And he made another 20M combined with his stints in Dallas and Cleveland. Maybe he retires or he is in game shape and someone takes one more flyer on him. TP is never consistent he looks good as a starting pg on Spurs title seasons but he also flops on his down years and in the playoffs which explain his inability to consistently make the all star team. CP3 could soon be suffering Deron Williams syndrome and regret Ballmer's willingness to offer him a 4 year max deal last summer (tension arose cause clippers refused to even have a 5 year super max contract discussion). If CP3 declines - I could see Morey letting him walk like Dwight Howard for nothing than lock the rockets into a bad contract despite the hype when they initially acquired him and Dwight.

Return to Wiretap Discussion