Derrick Rose Likely Nearing Return To Cavaliers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Derrick Rose Likely Nearing Return To Cavaliers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Dec 3, 2017 12:23 am

Derrick Rose could be nearing a return to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Rose and the Cavaliers have been engaged in "positive" communication.

Rose left the Cavaliers on the day before Thanksgiving to consider his future playing career. Rose has been out since Nov. 9th due to complications from a sprained left ankle.

B.J. Armstrong, Rose's agent, has not returned numerous messages seeking comment or clarification.

Isaiah Thomas is nearing a return to the court from a hip injury, and when he comes back he will start. Dwyane Wade is excelling as the Cavs' backup point guard.

LeBron James has not been in contact with Rose.

"Whenever he's ready to tell us or whatever, we're ready for that," James said. "You don't ever fast-track someone's process of what they may be going through. When they're ready to talk about it or ready to bring it to the forefront, as his teammates we'll be ready for it.

"I don't know what the organization's stand on that is, that's different. From us as players, we don't need an answer from him, we want him to be as great as he can be, off the floor first before he even thinks about being on the floor."

Via Joe Vardon/Cleveland Plain Dealer

macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Nearing Return To Cavaliers 

Post#2 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Dec 3, 2017 1:27 am

he has 70-80 million reasons to do so.
Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Post#3 » by Rek » Sun Dec 3, 2017 3:40 am

macNcheese3 wrote:he has 70-80 million reasons to do so.

Nothing else to say about the situation. He has to be ok with walking away from all of that guaranteed money. I'd be very surprised if he retired now.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Dec 3, 2017 3:51 am

Nice, at least play till IT's back
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#5 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Dec 3, 2017 3:57 am

Rek wrote:
macNcheese3 wrote:he has 70-80 million reasons to do so.

Nothing else to say about the situation. He has to be ok with walking away from all of that guaranteed money. I'd be very surprised if he retired now.

yup
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#6 » by TimRobbins » Sun Dec 3, 2017 7:53 am

I hope he can come back and be productive. The injuries destroyed his career.
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#7 » by Zingod » Sun Dec 3, 2017 9:43 am

This is great news for GSW and Celtics because he makes them worse.
Dont @ me.
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#8 » by phraoh » Sun Dec 3, 2017 1:47 pm

If you think having Rose play instead of Calderon is bad until Thomas comes back you must be smoking some good stuff !! If I was playing instead of Calderon as the starting PG for the Cavs that would be better. Rose will be a playable PG for 15 minutes a game until Thomas comes back, then he will watch from the bench and sulk. If he becomes a problem, they just cut him, as he is only making the minimum.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#9 » by Hoopzilla » Sun Dec 3, 2017 4:34 pm

He decided he needs that Adidas money, nothing more, nothing less. Basketball has not been a priority for him for years. I have never seen so much attention for an ineffective player who makes the minimum. The next chapter will come when IT comes back and Rose starts crying and whining because he won't be getting the minutes he needs so he can audition for that max contract next year... :lol:
SkeletorMelo
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#10 » by SkeletorMelo » Sun Dec 3, 2017 4:45 pm

It would be funny as hell if he hit some postseason game winners against the Celtics and the dubs.. Two fun fanbases there
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#11 » by Hoopzilla » Sun Dec 3, 2017 4:50 pm

SkeletorMelo wrote:It would be funny as hell if he hit some postseason game winners against the Celtics and the dubs.. Two fun fanbases there

If he is on the floor in the postseason for any meaningful minutes, I highly doubt they would be in position to win a single quarter, nevermind an entire game.
NormanDale
Rookie
And1: 629

Post#12 » by NormanDale » Sun Dec 3, 2017 4:54 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:
SkeletorMelo wrote:It would be funny as hell if he hit some postseason game winners against the Celtics and the dubs.. Two fun fanbases there

If he is on the floor in the postseason for any meaningful minutes, I highly doubt they would be in position to win a single quarter, nevermind an entire game.

As a Celtics fan, I would love to hear that Derrick Rose hit a playoff game winner against the Celtics. Because that would mean Derrick Rose is playing in crunch time in the playoffs against the Celtics.
Hear you tell it, man I'm fallin/Well somebody must have caught him/Cause every fourth quarter/I like to Mike Jordan 'em.

"I think you'll find that these are the exact same dimensions as our gym back at Hickory."
SkeletorMelo
Sophomore
And1: 39

Re: RE: Re: Derrick Rose Likely Nearing Return To Cavaliers 

Post#13 » by SkeletorMelo » Sun Dec 3, 2017 4:57 pm

NormanDale wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:

As a Celtics fan, I would love to hear that Derrick Rose hit a playoff game winner against the Celtics. Because that would mean Derrick Rose is playing in crunch time in the playoffs against the Celtics.
Yeah... He just seems like the type of dude who will suck for five years just to do something like that
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#14 » by cheese318 » Sun Dec 3, 2017 5:45 pm

Shaun Livingston turned it around. The only thing you cannot knock Rose for is his offensive production at times. Defense is awful. We will see what happens. I was pulling for him to turn his career around. He needs to see how Wade has turned his role into sixth man because that’s why Rose is having so many issues.

NormanDale wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:

Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#15 » by shadrock » Mon Dec 4, 2017 12:29 am

Dont do us any favours Derrick.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#16 » by JordansBulls » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:23 am

Well Cavs getting Rose means the Cavs will have 2 mvp players and a finals mvp winner.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,065

Post#17 » by tidho » Mon Dec 4, 2017 3:01 pm

Sure seems like Rose was counting on riding along with minimal effort behind Kyrie. Then that trade and suddenly Rose had to play a lot. Instead of stepping up when the team needs him, he hides out until IT is about to return. This does not sound like a guy the Cavaliers need.

Return to Wiretap Discussion