Nikola Mirotic Moves On Emotionally From Bobby Portis Incident

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nikola Mirotic Moves On Emotionally From Bobby Portis Incident 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:14 pm

Nikola Mirotic is likely to make his season debut on Friday and he appears to be moving on emotionally from his camp fight with Bobby Portis.

“I’m not angry at anyone,” Mirotic said. “I’m doing fine with myself. My family is great. There’s nothing to be angry about now. It’s all over. It’s a new beginning.”

Mirotic suffered a concussion and two broken facial bones.

Mirotic and Portis will attempt to remain professional while they remain teammates. Mirotic and Portis exchanged fist bumps during Wednesday's game.

Fred Hoiberg is pleased with where Mirotic is mentally.

“All he has talked about is the team,” Hoiberg said. “He wanted to be out there for them in practice. He wanted to be on the bench during the game supporting them. And then once he is ready to play again, he talked about doing whatever it takes to get us going and get the team a win.”

Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Re: Nikola Mirotic Moves On Emotionally From Bobby Portis Incident 

Post#2 » by 12footrim » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:25 pm

I guess when your boss says come to work or else, that's what 15 million will make you do.

A little voice in the back of his mind had to say that's the fist this guy broke my faces and put me in the hospital with and all the fun time I had to drink my meals with a straw after.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Post#3 » by spicy6 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:44 pm

Even tho we dont fully know the details its hard to move on from stuff like this. Knowing you were going to be the starter only to lose your starting job for the forseable future because a guy punched you in the face with full force sucks. Atleast hes still getting paid but he wanted to prove himself he was having a good preseason and worked hard in the offseason. Now he might end up being traded in Jan.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#4 » by macNcheese3 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:44 pm

nice to see him moving on, after getting knocked out by a teammate.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#5 » by gordoncatrell » Thu Dec 7, 2017 10:33 pm

hey ProBallers. who cares. wipe your ass, and go hoop. who the heck cares if y'all are stung.

Return to Wiretap Discussion