Derrick Rose Has Bone Spur In Left Ankle

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Derrick Rose Has Bone Spur In Left Ankle 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:21 pm

Derrick Rose has a bone spur in his left ankle that may need surgery.

Rose is attempting to rehab the injury.

Rose was away from the team for approximately two weeks while he debated whether to continue his playing career.

Rose signed a one-year deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers in the offseason.

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Tim Horton
Analyst
And1: 1,233

Re: Derrick Rose Has Bone Spur In Left Ankle 

Post#2 » by Tim Horton » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:32 pm

another addition to Almost-Greats along with Penny, Grant Hill, Yao Ming etc
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#3 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:49 pm

Your article is suggesting that he knew about this injury for a while already and that contributed to him being away from the team or this is a new revelation? articles always so thin on this site.
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#4 » by Marionettetc » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:29 pm

My boy Rose trying to get out of that North Korea war draft!
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:38 pm

Tim Horton wrote:another addition to Almost-Greats along with Penny, Grant Hill, Yao Ming etc

Almost, almost great.
xJumpManx
Junior
And1: 23

Post#6 » by xJumpManx » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:44 pm

Just get it taken care of Cavs dont need him till playoffs at the earliest.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,116

Post#7 » by Plutonashfan » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:56 pm

How is this even possible his played like 8 games?
The Champ is HERE!!!
quatin
Senior
And1: 414

Post#8 » by quatin » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:19 pm

Bone spurs take years to develop. It can be a byproduct of tendonitis, which should be pretty prominent among athletes. Not all bone spurs are worrisome enough to require removal though.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#9 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:39 pm

Dang, hope it's nothing too serious
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#10 » by Hoopzilla » Fri Dec 8, 2017 8:08 pm

He is so transparent it is funny. He will do his rehab and when it is done, he will then opt to have the bone spur removed. He will keep himself on the sideline as long as possible. Not all bone spurs require removal, but this gives him something to cry about and blame, so he will hold it like Linus held his blanket.

He can say he didn't come back for the Adidas money, but he salivated over his "big pay day" for over two years before he became a free agent... and didn't get it. The only thing he cares about is money and putting in the least amount of effort to get it. Anything else is just lip service and I ain't buying it
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#11 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 8:10 pm

Man, I feel for him.
orangeman30
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#12 » by orangeman30 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 10:18 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:He is so transparent it is funny. He will do his rehab and when it is done, he will then opt to have the bone spur removed. He will keep himself on the sideline as long as possible. Not all bone spurs require removal, but this gives him something to cry about and blame, so he will hold it like Linus held his blanket.

He can say he didn't come back for the Adidas money, but he salivated over his "big pay day" for over two years before he became a free agent... and didn't get it. The only thing he cares about is money and putting in the least amount of effort to get it. Anything else is just lip service and I ain't buying it

You don't know him well enough to be make those judgements on his character - he signed for the veteran's minimum this offseason to play for a winner. My guess is that you've also never been the beacon of hope and symbol of a return to greatness for a city and neighborhood that desperately needs it. It's probably even more haunting to get close enough to those expectations to see your true potential - only have it crumble beneath you for reasons that you cannot control. Be a human being. D-Rose has dealt with a lot physically, but the mental toll of trying to live up to world's expectations I'm sure has taken a toll on him.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#13 » by Cookin Baskets » Sat Dec 9, 2017 1:17 am

Do they know if it was before he left the team or just now?
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
DFan
Rookie
And1: 738

Post#14 » by DFan » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:46 am

I like Rose a lot. I feel bad for him.
ralphisBullsFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#15 » by ralphisBullsFan » Sat Dec 9, 2017 5:58 am

Dang, he just can't seem to get through a season without needing some type of surgery. It will be interesting to see where he ends up next year.
I_Never Lied
Pro Prospect
And1: 377

Post#16 » by I_Never Lied » Sat Dec 9, 2017 8:04 am

Hoopzilla wrote:He is so transparent it is funny. He will do his rehab and when it is done, he will then opt to have the bone spur removed. He will keep himself on the sideline as long as possible. Not all bone spurs require removal, but this gives him something to cry about and blame, so he will hold it like Linus held his blanket.

What else is he supposed to care about.
Hardaway2step
Sophomore
And1: 369

Post#17 » by Hardaway2step » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:29 am

Ah the Trump Injury
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#18 » by TimRobbins » Sat Dec 9, 2017 11:58 am

He should probably get the surgery done now so he can return next season full strength. Not much point in delaying IMO.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#19 » by Hoopzilla » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:34 pm

I_Never Lied wrote:

What else is he supposed to care about.

Teammates. The franchise that pays him millions of dollars to put a ball in a hoop. Fans. Anyone who has a hand in paying him those millions of dollars, but I guess that is just stating logic. Nike didn't sign him to an endorsement deal hoping he would half ass it. When you are paid millions of dollars to be the leader and you refuse to lace them up because of a hang nail, you are letting a lot of people down that trusted you to give your best. I can't think of one person that would consider D Rose a warrior who leaves it all on the court, like someone like D Wade for example. With Rose, you know he has a lot more left in the tank and is saving it so he can play with his kids when he retires. He doesn't want to be sore at his son's graduation because of something he did in the past? How pathetic is that? How do we know? Because he told us. :lol:

"In a recent report per ESPN, Derrick Rose stated that he is thinking about life beyond his foreseeable future with Chicago. “I’m thinking about long term. I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to,” said Rose

“I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. [I’m] just learning and being smart.”

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/julian-mcwilliams-/who-is-derrick-rose_b_6150148.html
Jim Dolan
Starter
And1: 470

Post#20 » by Jim Dolan » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:05 pm

Hardaway2step wrote:Ah the Trump Injury

:lol:

Return to Wiretap Discussion