Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

I_Never Lied
Pro Prospect
And1: 377

Re: Derrick Rose Has Bone Spur In Left Ankle 

Post#21 » by I_Never Lied » Sat Dec 9, 2017 5:35 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:
I_Never Lied wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:He is so transparent it is funny. He will do his rehab and when it is done, he will then opt to have the bone spur removed. He will keep himself on the sideline as long as possible. Not all bone spurs require removal, but this gives him something to cry about and blame, so he will hold it like Linus held his blanket.

He can say he didn't come back for the Adidas money, but he salivated over his "big pay day" for over two years before he became a free agent... and didn't get it. The only thing he cares about is money and putting in the least amount of effort to get it. Anything else is just lip service and I ain't buying it

What else is he supposed to care about.

Teammates. The franchise that pays him millions of dollars to put a ball in a hoop. Fans. Anyone who has a hand in paying him those millions of dollars, but I guess that is just stating logic. Nike didn't sign him to an endorsement deal hoping he would half ass it. When you are paid millions of dollars to be the leader and you refuse to lace them up because of a hang nail, you are letting a lot of people down that trusted you to give your best. I can't think of one person that would consider D Rose a warrior who leaves it all on the court, like someone like D Wade for example. With Rose, you know he has a lot more left in the tank and is saving it so he can play with his kids when he retires. He doesn't want to be sore at his son's graduation because of something he did in the past? How pathetic is that? How do we know? Because he told us. :lol:

"In a recent report per ESPN, Derrick Rose stated that he is thinking about life beyond his foreseeable future with Chicago. “I’m thinking about long term. I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to,” said Rose

“I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. [I’m] just learning and being smart.”

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/julian-mcwilliams-/who-is-derrick-rose_b_6150148.html

You sound like you're the one who gave him Millions. Quality of life > your opinions.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#22 » by dautjazz » Sat Dec 9, 2017 8:50 pm

xJumpManx wrote:Just get it taken care of Cavs dont need him till playoffs at the earliest.

Cavs dont need him period. IT returns this month, and they have been playing MUCH better without Rose.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#23 » by Hoopzilla » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:23 pm

I_Never Lied wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:
I_Never Lied wrote:
What else is he supposed to care about.

Teammates. The franchise that pays him millions of dollars to put a ball in a hoop. Fans. Anyone who has a hand in paying him those millions of dollars, but I guess that is just stating logic. Nike didn't sign him to an endorsement deal hoping he would half ass it. When you are paid millions of dollars to be the leader and you refuse to lace them up because of a hang nail, you are letting a lot of people down that trusted you to give your best. I can't think of one person that would consider D Rose a warrior who leaves it all on the court, like someone like D Wade for example. With Rose, you know he has a lot more left in the tank and is saving it so he can play with his kids when he retires. He doesn't want to be sore at his son's graduation because of something he did in the past? How pathetic is that? How do we know? Because he told us. :lol:

"In a recent report per ESPN, Derrick Rose stated that he is thinking about life beyond his foreseeable future with Chicago. “I’m thinking about long term. I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to,” said Rose

“I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. [I’m] just learning and being smart.”

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/julian-mcwilliams-/who-is-derrick-rose_b_6150148.html

You sound like you're the one who gave him Millions. Quality of life > your opinions.

Anyone who has ever paid for a ticket to see him play are the people who gave him his millions. Sports only make money because of fans. It is a pretty easy concept. Without the fans, there is nothing. So that makes what a fan feels pretty important to an athlete, well any self-aware athlete that isn't an arrogant douche. :lol:

When someone chooses and publicly states Quality of Life matter more than giving effort for the $95 million contract he is being paid (to give his best effort and leave it all on the court), people/fans can say anything they damn well please about said lack of effort. He never said he was gonna half ass it when they negotiated the contract. He never carried on like an idiot when he was working to get to the pro level.

Fan opinions matter more than you think they do, no matter how much you think otherwise. Hard working guys become fan favourites and can last long beyond their worth, for sentimental reasons or to help show the young kids what hard work is. The work ethic, the leaving it all on the court, etc... can win fans over and give you a spot at the end of a bench for at least a year or two than others that fans don't care about.

When you give no effort, sit whenever you feel like it and complain about not being paid enough to sit on a bench, fans will make their stance on that known. They do so on these forums, so this is totally the appropriate place for a fan to state their opinion. You don't have to like it, that's life.

It is fantastic to see that karma is showing D Rose where cheating in college and not giving 100% effort in the pros gets you in life. The kids coming up can learn a lot from him.
I_Never Lied
Pro Prospect
And1: 377

Post#24 » by I_Never Lied » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:
I_Never Lied wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:

Anyone who has ever paid for a ticket to see him play are the people who gave him his millions. Sports only make money because of fans. It is a pretty easy concept. Without the fans, there is nothing. So that makes what a fan feels pretty important to an athlete, well any self-aware athlete that isn't an arrogant douche. :lol:

When someone chooses and publicly states Quality of Life matter more than giving effort for the $95 million contract he is being paid (to give his best effort and leave it all on the court), people/fans can say anything they damn well please about said lack of effort. He never said he was gonna half ass it when they negotiated the contract. He never carried on like an idiot when he was working to get to the pro level.

Fan opinions matter more than you think they do, no matter how much you think otherwise. Hard working guys become fan favourites and can last long beyond their worth, for sentimental reasons or to help show the young kids what hard work is. The work ethic, the leaving it all on the court, etc... can win fans over and give you a spot at the end of a bench for at least a year or two than others that fans don't care about.

When you give no effort, sit whenever you feel like it and complain about not being paid enough to sit on a bench, fans will make their stance on that known. They do so on these forums, so this is totally the appropriate place for a fan to state their opinion. You don't have to like it, that's life.

It is fantastic to see that karma is showing D Rose where cheating in college and not giving 100% effort in the pros gets you in life. The kids coming up can learn a lot from him.

Have you SEEN D Rose's contracts? Where it in does it say leave it all on the court? Fans give money to the Organizations, not the players. So you can't blame the player if you are unhappy.

Quite frankly I don't think you even know enough about the day-to-day going on's of pro athletes to have an opinion.
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#25 » by Hoopzilla » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:55 pm

I_Never Lied wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:
I_Never Lied wrote:

Have you SEEN D Rose's contracts? Where it in does it say leave it all on the court? Fans give money to the Organizations, not the players. So you can't blame the player if you are unhappy.

Quite frankly I don't think you even know enough about the day-to-day going on's of pro athletes to have an opinion.

Quite frankly, your whole response shows clear as day that you have no understanding of what competition is. If the leader of a team is sitting on the bench or half assing it because he doesn't want to get hurt (so he can play with his kids 10 years down the road), you don't blame management, you blame the player that is not doing his job. :lol:

At the end of the day, the only people that can be blamed for a product on the court is the players, since they are the ones out there performing. If the talent is underperforming because of a lack of effort, there is literally no one else to blame than the player that is not giving effort, you really need help with this very basic concept.

When you are signed to be the franchise player, meaning you get paid the maximum amount of money a team can give you, it is expected that you leave it all on the floor. That huge sum of money represents the fact that you will bust your ass and set an example for others to follow to victory. If you are the supposed leader of your team, you should be the one exerting the most energy, giving the most effort, setting the example for the rest of the team to follow. It is obvious that you never played sports before and if you did, the teams were obviously terrible, since you do not believe giving effort or holding a leader accountable is part of sports.

Fans pay for tickets, based off the money paid for those tickets, the owners pay their players. I understand that this concept is a little complex for you, but that's your problem. Fans will not pay for tickets if their team doesn't even try to win. Therefore, the owners would then have to fold the team and relocate to try and find the market where you and your friends live, since you are the only people on the planet that doesn't believe effort is part of sports and would obviously pay to see a terrible team, led by a player that will be sitting out nursing a hang nail.

Return to Wiretap Discussion