DeAndre Jordan Chose Jeff Schwartz Over Rich Paul As Agent

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

DeAndre Jordan Chose Jeff Schwartz Over Rich Paul As Agent 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:12 pm

DeAndre Jordan waited more than two years to sign with an agent after his decision to leave Dan Fegan in 2015 when he backed out of a deal with the Dallas Mavericks to remain with the Los Angeles Clippers.

"He was deciding between Jeff [Schwartz] and Rich Paul," a person familiar with Jordan's thinking told Bleacher Report. "I had heard back then that he was 100 percent signing with Jeff."

Jordan finally hired Schwartz this month as he discusses an extension with the Clippers while also potentially being discussed in trades.

"He needs one," the person familiar with Jordan's thinking told B/R. "It's smart."

While negotiating a max contract is manageable without an agent, there are many issues that an agent can help facilitate in Jordan's circumstances.

"It's so hard to know otherwise what's going on," a person who advises several NBA stars told B/R. "I look at it like this: If you play for a team, is the team ever really going to tell you, 'We're trying to trade you?' How do you get a guy to buy in after that?"

The Milwaukee Bucks are one of the teams most interested in trading for Jordan. The Bucks have several ties to Schwartz, which could make dealing for Jordan an easier proposition. 

Via Ken Berger/Bleacher Report

Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Re: DeAndre Jordan Chose Jeff Schwartz Over Rich Paul As Agent 

Post#2 » by Chris3323 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:59 pm

so we get a future all star shooting gaurd for DJ?
cool.. lets do it
SKG
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#3 » by SKG » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:29 pm

Chris3323 wrote:so we get a future all star shooting gaurd for DJ?
cool.. lets do it

You potentially get another all star center in thon maker, if you are lucky we might throw in henson and teletovic, but we probably will to match the salary, you are ripping us off
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#4 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:32 pm

SKG wrote:
cool.. lets do it

You potentially get another all star center in thon maker, if you are lucky we might throw in henson and teletovic, but we probably will to match the salary, you are ripping us off

:-?
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Dasein
Senior
And1: 447

Post#5 » by Dasein » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:06 pm

Bucks shouldn't trade away any of their prospects for Jordan. Not worth it at all.
HomegrownRebel wrote: I'd rather have John Wall, Bradley Beal, Marcin Gortat, Nene, and Paul Pierce than the Warriors team. And you can keep thinking Durant would come there. Very doubtful. He loves his hometown and area. Why would he want to live closer to fruitcakes?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:40 pm

Ya, wassup with Maker, has he regressed, or he's getting old?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#7 » by MitchB3 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 8:16 pm

Dasein wrote:Bucks shouldn't trade away any of their prospects for Jordan. Not worth it at all.

I would trade away J. Parker, he's looking like a bust right now, constantly getting injured.
mawbsta
Senior
And1: 46

Post#8 » by mawbsta » Sat Dec 9, 2017 12:19 am

Dasein wrote:Bucks shouldn't trade away any of their prospects for Jordan. Not worth it at all.

Quick, name a Milwaukee "prospect"

Any DeAndre Jordan trade is going to include John Henson, who is ridiculously overpaid for what he actually produces, but is a poor-mans DJ, with more upside, and 3 years younger. Jason Terry. and one of Sterling Brown, or Rashad Vaughan.
BringMJBack
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#9 » by BringMJBack » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:17 am

Rich Paul...... an "agent" who rode the back of his friend Lebron. I think Lebron's crew really believes they are the real life version of HBO's show Entourage. Rich Paul thinks he's "E", and becomes an agent to be the businessman of the group. Lebron is the Vinnie Chase moviestar. I don't know who Lebron thinks is Turtle and Johnny Drama. But..... yeah. Good move by DeAndre Jordan. Sign with a real agent.
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#10 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:46 am

Henson, Jabari and Vaughn

For

DJ and Dekker
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
dantheman74
Senior
And1: 299

Post#11 » by dantheman74 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:43 am

Steve Ballmer looks set to make a quick billion out of that franchise. Trade away the stars and sell it to Seattle already.
Dasein
Senior

Post#12 » by Dasein » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:00 pm

mawbsta wrote:

Any DeAndre Jordan trade is going to include John Henson, who is ridiculously overpaid for what he actually produces, but is a poor-mans DJ, with more upside, and 3 years younger. Jason Terry. and one of Sterling Brown, or Rashad Vaughan.

If they give up any of those scrubs then it might be a decent deal but they shouldn't give up Brogdon. And I don't even think having Jordan's salary is worth it, he's gonna demand a ton of money.
HomegrownRebel wrote: I'd rather have John Wall, Bradley Beal, Marcin Gortat, Nene, and Paul Pierce than the Warriors team. And you can keep thinking Durant would come there. Very doubtful. He loves his hometown and area. Why would he want to live closer to fruitcakes?
Dasein
Senior

Post#13 » by Dasein » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:00 pm

Dasein wrote:
mawbsta wrote: Bucks shouldn't trade away any of their prospects for Jordan. Not worth it at all.

Quick, name a Milwaukee "prospect

If they give up any of those scrubs then it might be a decent deal but they shouldn't give up Brogdon. And I don't even think having Jordan's salary is worth it, he's gonna demand a ton of money.[/quote]
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#14 » by tigerae » Sat Dec 9, 2017 11:51 pm

mawbsta wrote:

While Henson could be a poor man version of DJ, no reason the Clippers would want the rest. It will take either picks or someone like Brogdon to get the deal done, otherwise why help a team on the cusp of being a contender when they really don't get much in return.

There won't be many contenders out there with money to pay him max and unless he really goes to Dallas this time to play with old Dirk and scrubs, or a similar team, DJ would likely end up resigning with LA. I don't really see any reason for the Clippers to just give him away, maybe a sign and trade at best, but they want assets not just cap fillers.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#15 » by Chris3323 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 pm

SuperDario wrote:
SKG wrote:
cool.. lets do it

:-?

Middleton and Henson for DJ makes alot of sense for both sides.
get it done!

Return to Wiretap Discussion