2023 FIBA World Cup Awarded To Philippines, Japan, Indonesia

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

2023 FIBA World Cup Awarded To Philippines, Japan, Indonesia 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:19 pm

FIBA on Saturday awarded the hosting rights for the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 to Philippines/Japan/Indonesia.

This marks the first time in the competition's history that it is to be staged in more than one country.

The 2019 World Cup will be held in China.

Via RealGM Staff Report

TooBad
Starter
And1: 1,193

Re: 2023 FIBA World Cup Awarded To Philippines, Japan, Indonesia 

Post#2 » by TooBad » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:00 am

Just hold the whole thing in Japan...Players don't need to worry about ISIS abducting their families or themselves in Philippines/Indonesia or all the other sh*t that goes on there.
smartyz456
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,692

Post#3 » by smartyz456 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:24 am

why the **** are they holding the fiba world cup in that shithole of a country - the philippines

yall know isis is going ham in that country not to mention theyre racist as ****

why would anyone want to plan the cup there?
freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#4 » by freestyler34 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:09 am

smartyz456 wrote:why the **** are they holding the fiba world cup in that **** of a country - the philippines

yall know isis is going ham in that country not to mention theyre racist as ****

You seem more racist to me.
hubertdavis44
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#5 » by hubertdavis44 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:27 am

smartyz456 wrote:why the **** are they holding the fiba world cup in that **** of a country - the philippines

ISIS is in the southern part of the island. I’m pretty sure FIBA will be held near Manila the northern part and how are the Philippines racist?
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,081

Post#6 » by axeman23 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:10 am

hubertdavis44 wrote:

ISIS is in the southern part of the island. I’m pretty sure FIBA will be held near Manila the northern part and how are the Philippines racist?

Yes, it seems Smartyz is either ill-informed or has an agenda against Philippines. I've visited Philippines 5 times now, and looking forward to my 6th trip there next year. For the most part, the people there are wonderful, hospitable people. Are there places you have to avoid? Yes, there's also plenty of places in Australia, USA and Europe you'd be best to avoid, but I don't hear of many people saying to avoid these "dangerous countries with racist people." Yes, there are ISIS-allied elements in the far south of the country, but there's also ISIS-style cells in USA, UK, France, Australia and many other countries, and their government has exerted a great amount of money, time, resources, and lives to defeating those radical elements. Personally I don't agree with all of the current government's policies or moreso methods, but they're certainly putting their collective foot down on crime of all sorts, including radical political and religious elements there.
ChiFan4lyfe
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#7 » by ChiFan4lyfe » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Ignorant post here. In terms of tourist hospitality, the country is listed top 5 in the world. Like axeman 23 said, the majority of people are friendly and hospitable towards people of ALL colors. The same can be said about the majority of filipinos that I've worked and socialized with in the states. Don't spew crap about people that you know nothing about.
Agent Lance Young confirms David West agrees with Indiana on two-year, $20 million "David is ready to help them win a championship."
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#8 » by IAMZOOTED » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:05 am

Do something with your life.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 468

Post#9 » by Future Coach » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:04 am

I love this. I don't know exactly where they will hold the games, but I have explored parts of the Philippines and Indonesia and I would love to plan a trip to go back that might include a game like this. I don't usually go to big cities (more of a beach and/or mountains type of person), but I would venture into one for a good FIBA game.

And 2023 is a ways away.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#10 » by Simmons25 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:35 am

LOL someone knows nothing about Philippines. 86% of it is Roman Catholic... the only worry you have there are their penchant for children.

Indonesia is more of a worry though. I'm in Australia and I won't even go to Indonesia (lots do though). 87% of the population there are Islamic. I personally as an American basketball player would not want to be playing in Indonesia. I assume though they will be making sure that the US plays most of their games in the Philippines and Japan.

Return to Wiretap Discussion