Joel Embiid Feels Guilty For Sam Hinkie's Firing

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Joel Embiid Feels Guilty For Sam Hinkie's Firing 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:10 pm

Joel Embiid and Sam Hinkie continue to communicate occasionally even though the former general manager was fired by the Philadelphia 76ers nearly two years ago.

"Yeah, we text sometimes," said Embiid. "We talk to each other sometimes. I mean, that’s the guy that drafted me, and he made sure he put everything in place so I could get healthy. And I got healthy and I got back on the court. And I feel like he basically kind of lost his job because of me, because I missed two years. So I feel like I owe him a lot. Yeah, we talk. We talk sometimes."

Embiid has embraced the moniker of "The Process" that has come to be associated with Hinkie's tenure with the 76ers.

Embiid is expected to be an All-Star this season if he remains healthy.

Via David Aldridge/NBA.com

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Re: Joel Embiid Feels Guilty For Sam Hinkie's Firing 

Post#2 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Hinkie is a basketball legend to me.
Chucky_Atkins7
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Chucky_Atkins7 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:28 pm

lmao traded Iggy for nothing, traded young all star Jrue for nothing, traded young Turner for nothing, traded MCW (back when he had no mental issues) for nothing, and now it seems Hinkie's a hero because he drafted an injury-prone Embiid at the 3rd. smfh
Image #INSTANWETRUST
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#4 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Chucky_Atkins7 wrote:lmao traded Iggy for nothing, traded young all star Jrue for nothing, traded young Turner for nothing, traded MCW (back when he had no mental issues) for nothing, and now it seems Hinkie's a hero because he drafted an injury-prone Embiid at the 3rd. smfh

I feel like you don't even deserve a response considering you think Hinkie was with the organization when Iguodala was traded for Bynum.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
DBCJUN
Freshman
And1: 58

Post#5 » by DBCJUN » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Chucky_Atkins7 wrote:lmao traded Iggy for nothing, traded young all star Jrue for nothing, traded young Turner for nothing, traded MCW (back when he had no mental issues) for nothing, and now it seems Hinkie's a hero because he drafted an injury-prone Embiid at the 3rd. smfh

The reason that Hinkie is a hero is because he had Balls, how many GM's would even dare to openly tank like that. Why be a bad team if you have no chance at winning a championship, or a high lottery pick and no talent to develop. What is your organizational direction then? He traded every decent player for either cap space i mean why pay for a team that has no future and is not going to get anywhere. And a chance to draft the next generational talent. Rebuilding is all about getting the organization opportunities and he maximized that.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#6 » by The_Hater » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Clueless is no way to go through life my child...
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Big Mac Biyombo
Analyst
And1: 8,068

Post#7 » by Big Mac Biyombo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Chucky_Atkins7 wrote:MCW (back when he had no mental issues)

Did I miss something?
Raptorstopfan wrote:Demar is inarguably the best jump shooter NBA has seen in a long long time.
Chucky_Atkins7
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#8 » by Chucky_Atkins7 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
Chucky_Atkins7 wrote:MCW (back when he had no mental issues)

Did I miss something?

back when MCW was beasting on the court, and he was happy in general because of playing with the sixers. something happened to him ever since. if u did read the article about what happened to him, u could see the reports of him getting frustrated when they traded him.
Image #INSTANWETRUST
jjsauerw
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#9 » by jjsauerw » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:12 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:

I feel like you don't even deserve a response considering you think Hinkie was with the organization when Iguodala was traded for Bynum.

Just to clarify the slight inaccuracies here...

- Bynum was Doug Collins.

- Jrue got Nerlens Noel, Dario Saric, and got a 1st rounder back from Orlando that Doug gave away in said Bynum trade. Jrue is also now one of the most overpaid players in the league.

-They got a highly valuable first round for MCW, which allowed to trade for the #1 overall pick this year. MCW is also not a very good professional basketball player.

-You are essentially correct in saying they got nothing for Evan Turner, who averaged 7 points per game in 27 games with Pacers, and was their 4th guy off the bench in the playoffs.

Otherwise, carry on.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#10 » by rzzzzz » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:16 pm

SH definitely took a barren roster and filled it with a ton of draft picks. he really did a tremendous job with Embiid, especially when he didn't heal from the navicular procedure done prior to when Sam drafted him. plus there for him when his brother died and when the press went after him with a vengeance while he was struggling. not sure how many constraints were put on Sam after the '14 draft regarding picks and trades, especially just before Silver/JC forced him out, but even with the subsequent mishandling of Noel and OK4, leaving the club with Embiid, the pick who would be Simmons, RoCo, Saric, the pick and swap that were added in to put them in position to grab Fultz, plus all the other picks we've yet to cash, plus cap space, was an incredible job. but his legacy surely rests primarily on Embiid.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#11 » by Woodsanity » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:50 pm

He didn't trade Iggy and the rest of those players are average at best. :lol:
MCW sucks and has always sucked.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.

Return to Wiretap Discussion