LeBron James: Guys Absolutely Want To Play With Lonzo Ball

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

LeBron James: Guys Absolutely Want To Play With Lonzo Ball 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:26 pm

LeBron James praised the way Lonzo Ball has handled his rookie season. James also sees parallels to his own rookie season in what Ball is experiencing. 

"The kid hasn't said anything," James told ESPN when asked about the hype surrounding Ball. "It's been everybody else. So, I love his humility. He goes out, every time someone asks him a question, he says, 'This is not about me, man. I just want to win. I don't care about what I did.' I seen he had a triple-double one game and they lost. He was like, 'I don't care. We lost.'

"So, can I draw any parallel to my experience? I mean, of course. I guess when you're drafted to a franchise, they want you to kind of be the savior. And it takes a while. I mean, listen, man, this guy is 20-something games into his pro career. S--- doesn't happen [that fast]. Here it goes again, it goes back to my instant oatmeal [quote]: Everybody wants it right away. Can he play ball? Absolutely. The kid can play ball. Do guys want to play with him? Absolutely, because it's a guy who is not about him. It's about the success of the team. And he gives the ball up, and he passes the ball, and there's energy behind the ball."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Re: LeBron James: Guys Absolutely Want To Play With Lonzo Ball 

Post#2 » by Dino353 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Confirmed Lebron to LA.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#3 » by hyberx » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:27 pm

Who wouldn't want to play with a guy who can't shoot a lick and has to pass you the ball?
nguyen925
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#4 » by nguyen925 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Eventually his dad either needs to be pushed out the the media light (unlikely) or Lonzo needs to get to a respectable FG%. If he doesn't he'll be scrutinized more than Rubio if the Lakers end up resigning him after his rookie contract is up. His shot is what it is, he can definitely make it work, look at Shawn Marion, Peja Stojakovic, or Kevin Martin. As he grows either he'll embrace his adversity or it'll be his downfall.

Highly unlikely LeBron spends his remaining years playing for the rebuilding Lakers. Even if another star player goes over there, I doubt he'll have the patience to make that team work without a good existing foundation.
Chucky_Atkins7
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#5 » by Chucky_Atkins7 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:51 pm

hyberx wrote:Who wouldn't want to play with a guy who can't shoot a lick and has to pass you the ball?

doing much effort in the game wont help you win games anyway. I remember the guy who used to play for the Pistons, Josh Smith, when after the rebound, he loves to run the fastbreak and blow as many layups as he can, all the while ignoring his teammates. Magic got to stop smoking pot and do something with LoLzo, trade him as soon as he can is the best scenario, releasing his contract also not a big deal, considering that he has a rookie contract.
Image #INSTANWETRUST
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,061

Post#6 » by tidho » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Dino353 wrote:Confirmed Lebron to LA.

Nah.

Confirmed media will talk about this until Christmas.

You know LeBron's game on the court, but by now you should recognize it off the court too.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#7 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:14 pm

hyberx wrote:Who wouldn't want to play with a guy who can't shoot a lick and has to pass you the ball?

QFT
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#8 » by Barcs » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:26 pm

Lebron is definitely trying to start his broadcasting career early.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#9 » by CelticsWin5 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Delusional. he answered a question
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#10 » by Chris3323 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Chucky_Atkins7 wrote:

doing much effort in the game wont help you win games anyway. I remember the guy who used to play for the Pistons, Josh Smith, when after the rebound, he loves to run the fastbreak and blow as many layups as he can, all the while ignoring his teammates. Magic got to stop smoking pot and do something with LoLzo, trade him as soon as he can is the best scenario, releasing his contract also not a big deal, considering that he has a rookie contract.

The man had 17/6/6 last night calm down dude
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#11 » by Chris3323 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:07 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:

Delusional. he answered a question

I swear people get all giddy when Lebron just answers basic questions about other players.

news flash: ALL NBA PLAYERS RESPECT EACH OTHER
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#12 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:41 pm

They could both play for Vytautas
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion